Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bangkok 2022

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2022, 9:27 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY
With BA's dated equipment on this route & the woeful lack of reward seats we have decided to book EY J for us to come & "collect" our family & to bring them to Thailand with us. Much better seats/food/service & convenient connections in AUH made it a no-brainer for us. BA's loss. Again.
I would hardly call the 789 which is scheduled for when the route resumes dated...?
Old Mar 18, 2022, 3:33 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I would hardly call the 789 which is scheduled for when the route resumes dated...?
2-4-2 ying & yang.
Dated & cr@ppy as heck!
Welcome to 2022..LOL
mcgahat likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NoY
2-4-2 ying & yang.
Dated & cr@ppy as heck!
Welcome to 2022..LOL
Well, I can certainly think of worse products - LH, TK (2-3-2) etc come to mind.
Btw, the 789 is 2-3-2 ying/yang
Old May 23, 2022, 8:08 am

Myself and my partner are booked on a 2-4-1 Avios redemption EDI - BKK return in February '23 travelling Club World. Still no notification from BA that the flights are in-fact cancelled. I spoke with someone in their customer service team last week who said they would be cancelled in due course and we'd be rebooked onto an alternate airline.

I am at the point of wanting to plan the trip and book accommodation, domestic travel etc and can't really do so until I have certainty of my inbound and outbound legs, all re-ticketed, times and so on. So an increasingly frustrating predicament to be in and not a good show from BA.

Are BA, in-rebooking to an alternate airline, likely to be accommodating to the situation and allow some flex over dates? And what are the chances they will allow a move from BKK to HKT as the destination, with HKT being serviced by Qatar.

Wondering if anyone else with similar plans for Q1 2023 have been contacted yet and what has been offered up?

Regards
Old May 23, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
There is no need to book accommodation, flights etc in Thailand now for Feb next year (you can book, but then it should be flexible). Wait until the dust settles and your travel plans are more firm.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by drkaboobi
Myself and my partner are booked on a 2-4-1 Avios redemption EDI - BKK return in February '23 travelling Club World. Still no notification from BA that the flights are in-fact cancelled. I spoke with someone in their customer service team last week who said they would be cancelled in due course and we'd be rebooked onto an alternate airline.

I am at the point of wanting to plan the trip and book accommodation, domestic travel etc and can't really do so until I have certainty of my inbound and outbound legs, all re-ticketed, times and so on. So an increasingly frustrating predicament to be in and not a good show from BA.

Are BA, in-rebooking to an alternate airline, likely to be accommodating to the situation and allow some flex over dates? And what are the chances they will allow a move from BKK to HKT as the destination, with HKT being serviced by Qatar.

Wondering if anyone else with similar plans for Q1 2023 have been contacted yet and what has been offered up?

Regards
I am in exactly the same situation. Have known for quite some time now that BA9/10 will not be flying this winter but BA still haven't officially cancelled the flights so am stuck in limbo as the rerouting alternatives are unknown.

I have called BA several times but always get the same response - the flights are still live in the system so any changes would be voluntary and would incur change fees.

Very frustrating.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:41 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by drkaboobi

Regards
Completely understand the position you are in wanting to get travel plans all in place. I am planning to travel in Q1 2023 but ditched my plans British Airways. What I can help you with is my experience in January this year (I have mentioned this elsewhere).

I had an F return booked from BHD > SIN. My plans were to then self-transfer on to HKT. The flight was Zeroed out about 8 weeks before we were due to depart and then I played the waiting game for BA to cancel. I spent every day at looking at alternative routings that I could negotiate with BA when the flight was eventually cancelled.

6 Weeks or so before departure the flight was cancelled and after some back and forth, I eventually ended up re-booked onto QR in F for the LHR > DOH leg, but I was also then re-routed and put on DOH > HKT. Flying direct into HKT saved me a whole world of hassle during January when Covid rules were still a bit mental.

So in answer to your question if they will move your destination to HKT, I would say it is likely, but it might take a couple of tries!

QR were great and i'd love to fly them again, but my plans for Jan 23 are to hopefully fly with SQ as I wasn't a huge fan of the stopover in the ME.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: EK Plat, EY Gold, CX Gold, BA Silver, Carlson Gold, Accor Plat, HH Diamond
Have the same, a 2-4-1 in Nov ‘22. No cancellation yet. Can’t wait to move to Qatar Q Suites….seems a great deal
Old May 23, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
same here for December 2022....still seems odd to me that flights were removed from sale many weeks ago but still not cancelled. I've never had such a long wait for a cancellation to come through after a flight was removed from sale....can't help thinking that BA may still resurrect the route if they have enough crew when they start to finalise the Winter timetables or move the service to Gatwick.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
BA are not returning to Thailand. They simply don't have the customer service resource to deal with the rebookings at this stage.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:28 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
BA are not returning to Thailand. They simply don't have the customer service resource to deal with the rebookings at this stage.
Not returning at all?
Old May 23, 2022, 1:29 pm

BA are restarting the 787-8 freighter-only service this week, so maybe there is a chance passenger flights will resume at some point? Like others I could see this becoming a LGW route given the passenger profile of the route.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Onyx Platinum
Our BA9/10 BKK return booked summer last year for Jan / Feb this year. Paid tickets in Y.

A week or so after it was cancelled I phoned the Gold Line and a very helpful guy let us change the dates by a few days and change one leg to HKT all on QR. I
I checked the QR price and it was more than 2 times the price we paid for the BA ticket. Natuarally more than happy with that and we never liked the look of the revised BA9/10 timings.
More tier points too and we don't mind a couple of midnight hours in Doha as sleep becomes more natural on the second leg.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:45 am

Many of us in the same boat. Very frustrating to be in limbo like this, and a good point Sam Bee re customer services and where we sit on their priority list. While the consensus seems to be rebooking onto another airline will happen, until it actually happens I can't help but feel it can't 100% be counted on, and therefore booking other aspects of the trip carries undue risk..
Old May 26, 2022, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
BA Holidays are still selling Thailand holidays but all via Doha and with QR for ongoing legs. Prices travelling in business were crazy, had to work very hard to get a decent deal for our next trip, but on the positive side the double tp offer will mean renewed gold for us both from the one trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.