Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Any news on when LGW(S) will re-open, as i thought at present all services are only operating via the (N) terminal?

Reason i ask is my flights to/from MRU in Sept are among the 'confirmed for Sept' list published on routesonline (see "Sept 2020" thread).

But, i checked the BA timetable, and MMB, both are that the showing flights will operate from the (S) terminal
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@ Delboy65 ... With everything for Sep in a state of flux, I suggest holding your breath for a week or three. BA.com is showing a mix of historic data and recently-modified info, with little way of telling which is which. I’m confident clarity will be achieved in plenty of time before your trip.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by T8191
@ Delboy65 ... With everything for Sep in a state of flux, I suggest holding your breath for a week or three. BA.com is showing a mix of historic data and recently-modified info, with little way of telling which is which. I’m confident clarity will be achieved in plenty of time before your trip.
Thank you.. my concern relates more to Car Parking, as I booked a space in LT(S) back in Jan. But that car park has been closed since about March.. So if LGW(S) opens then presume likely (S) parking will re-open :-?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:55 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
You'd be a lot more optimistic than me if you were to think that there is a prompt possibility of this happening...
Oh I don’t know. They’ve apparently dusted off the runway extension plans 😁😂
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thank you.. my concern relates more to Car Parking, as I booked a space in LT(S) back in Jan. But that car park has been closed since about March.. So if LGW(S) opens then presume likely (S) parking will re-open :-?
Ah! I know nothing about UK car parking, for obvious reasons. I will shut up and let others advise. 😉
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:53 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Am not sure it really matters. If LGW(S) car park does not re-open in time, GAL will let you switch the booking across to N and just jump on the shuttle to S
BAeuro and Delboy65 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BOH
Am not sure it really matters. If LGW(S) car park does not re-open in time, GAL will let you switch the booking across to N and just jump on the shuttle to S
Yeah LGW should be pretty flexible on this. I wouldn’t worry.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 6:15 pm

From the news today, my opinion is that LGW short haul won’t come back until W20. The Spanish market has been shattered and Dominic Raab suggested more European countries could go back on the list.

Recovery in European traffic doesn’t seem to be going as smoothly as some anticipated and this will be a massive blow to airlines again.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:50 pm
BOH

Originally Posted by BAeuro
From the news today, my opinion is that LGW short haul won’t come back until W20. The Spanish market has been shattered and Dominic Raab suggested more European countries could go back on the list.

Recovery in European traffic doesn’t seem to be going as smoothly as some anticipated and this will be a massive blow to airlines again.
Yes, this is a major setback for BA and any hope of further traffic recovery.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Yes, this is a major setback for BA and any hope of further traffic recovery.
Indeed, it’s very disappointing. We all have our own views on the global situation but the use of one-size-fits-all national quarantines just strikes me as a deeply unintelligent position. Why not something dynamic and responsive to regional spikes?
Lynyrd likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 12:53 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Indeed, it’s very disappointing. We all have our own views on the global situation but the use of one-size-fits-all national quarantines just strikes me as a deeply unintelligent position. Why not something dynamic and responsive to regional spikes?
I think the trouble with something regional is people from a Covid hotspot area will simply travel overland to an alternative airport in a non-affected area to fly back to the UK.
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by BOH
I think the trouble with something regional is people from a Covid hotspot area will simply travel overland to an alternative airport in a non-affected area to fly back to the UK.
In Europe this is even more complicated, someone in North East Spain just needs to pop over the border and fly from southern France and not be highlighted for self-isolation at the UK border.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Blah Blah...
I'm being told that my Barbados flight on August 18th will be from Gatwick south. I questioned it (ie, I went to various websites and such), but everywhere said south. The week before flights are being quoted at Gatwick North, so either it's a massive mistake, or sometime between the 11th and the 18, BA are switching to Gatwick South. I find it hard to believe as it's only Long Haul there, but BA.com says so ?? I booked parking in short stay south (as it is open), but assume I'll need to change to North once the error is corrected? I only booked this a week ago so would have assumed it was correct, but it cannot be right??

Last edited by matthudski; Jul 27, 2020 at 2:32 am Reason: Quoted wrong text and added screen shot
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by plunet
In Europe this is even more complicated, someone in North East Spain just needs to pop over the border and fly from southern France and not be highlighted for self-isolation at the UK border.
But they’d be lying when they answer the question on the UK entry form “Why are you exempt from self-isolation?”
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by plunet
That does not get you out of it. It is based on where you have been over the last 14 days. So flying back from an exempt country doesn't get you out of self isolation if you have been to a non-exempt country in the preceding 14 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.