Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rachie
We have flights booked from LGW to Verona on the 12th and flying back from Venice on the 27th Sept.
We've had our cruise in the middle (from Venice) cancelled and I was about to submit an insurance claim for the flights and hotels, which are non-refundable.
I've already taken 2 credit notes from previous flights so really don't want to take a third.
Should I wait and see if BA cancel/change? If they do, an idea of when they may notify the passengers...
Yea definitely wait!

From what we saw last time, BA started to notify passengers the next morning. I would expect something tomorrow or at worst by the end of the week.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:09 pm

great, thank you...
our Mch one to JFK was notified the day after the flight departed!
Really feel for the travel industry at the moment
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:12 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by gw76
why would anyone consider a flight on BA short haul from LGW just now?!
Indeed, on the U2 website booking flights now. Was going to be BA but I want to fly out of LGW, and not spend hours extra getting to LHR.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
anything special about the 9th?

and very happy that the cheap lgw flights i have will be moved to LHR...if they indeed continue to run...or there isnt a second wave....or a country doesnt lock us out!

but you know, one thing at a time
jonkx likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Looks like LGW short haul has been pulled and not restarting until 09NOV at the earliest. Availability prior to this date seems to all have vanished!
Will they move my 16 Sept flight to Paphos from LGW to LHR then? Hope it doesn't switch to LCA at the Cyprus end as that adds a 2 hour drive, any reason they would stop PFO? Thanks
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:39 am

Programs: BAEC, M&M
Hello from new poster but long time lurker.

In the heady pre-covid days of Feb I booked LGW-VIE for early December.
Since end of May, I have been keeping track of the first available booking from LGW-VIE, it was on 25th October.
Checked again yesterday now first available is 9th November, everything else is from LHR.
Now that the train to London is considerably dearer than the MAN-LHR BA shuttle, I do hope the trend continues.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
My flight from LGW to AGP is not available for booking although still showing in MMB. Would I be able to cancel if BA moved me to LHR?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by macdrew
Now that the train to London is considerably dearer than the MAN-LHR BA shuttle, I do hope the trend continues.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum macdrew. Indeed if starting from many parts of the UK, the switch to LHR has some silver lining. I hope you have a good time in Austria.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by strickers
My flight from LGW to AGP is not available for booking although still showing in MMB. Would I be able to cancel if BA moved me to LHR?
Yes.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
Will they move my 16 Sept flight to Paphos from LGW to LHR then? Hope it doesn't switch to LCA at the Cyprus end as that adds a 2 hour drive, any reason they would stop PFO? Thanks
Few things in life are guaranteed and neither are very nice. The evidence seems to point to it being shifted to LHR, and I think there is a chance PFO is cancelled unless the service is popular. You will know more by around 1 September.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
MLA - Mid September

Looking on Matrix yesterday, I was getting BA options to MLA from LGW on 11 Sep. This morning, nothing BA to MLA from either LHR or LGW ... and nothing from JER to LON after 2 Sep! Last option is 2 Sep, JER-LHR.

Clearly the planning table has been swept of crumbs, and some sort of schedule will emerge from the ashes* later [strikes permitting!].

*[Apologies for mixed metaphors!].

Last edited by T8191; Jul 29, 2020 at 5:07 am
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
Looking on Matrix yesterday, I was getting BA options to MLA from LGW on 11 Sep. This morning, nothing BA to MLA from either LHR or LGW ... and nothing from JER to LON after 2 Sep! Last option is 2 Sep, JER-LHR.

Clearly the planning table has been swept of crumbs, and some sort of schedule will emerge from the ashes later [strikes permitting!].
[Ap;ogies for mixed metaphors!].
I’m booked JER-LGW-MLA in late September so am watching this one with interest!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by Never Stansted
Me too ! just booked JER LGW FNC hopefully just a lift and shift via LHR. I was looking forward to good old Gatwick.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Never Stansted
I’ve got LGW-MLA in late Sept so am also monitoring with interest!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
That does not get you out of it. It is based on where you have been over the last 14 days. So flying back from an exempt country doesn't get you out of self isolation if you have been to a non-exempt country in the preceding 14 days.
Very true, however if you have been away for a fortnight and say flew into Spain stayed there for 2-3 days and then went elsewhere which is U.K. quarantine free and stayed their for ten days before flying back from there surely you
would only need to self isolate for the 2-3 days that make up the fourteen as you would presumably have been clear by then? Sorry semantics I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.