Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Interesting option! Thank you. I assume then that last year's LHR-DBV service was a COVID-influenced exception then?
Well I thought so, but having just checked I can see flights from both LHR and LGW to DBV this summer. When are you travelling?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:22 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Looking at a return around 7/13. All the LHR arrivals are evening to late evening which makes connections without an overnight impossible.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:34 am

Looking at a return around 7/13. All the LHR arrivals are evening to late evening which makes connections without an overnight impossible.
Yes, there is only one flight per day and most are evening. Some are earlier though, for example on 7/16 the arrival in LHR is 14.55 but maybe that day doesn’t work for you.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by volar
Yes, there is only one flight per day and most are evening. Some are earlier though, for example on 7/16 the arrival in LHR is 14.55 but maybe that day doesn’t work for you.
That date is pretty much my date, perhaps one day earlier or later, but the result is the same: connect via LGW (which is interesting as its a A380), or do the bus transfer via LHR.

I guess the other thing I can do is simply book one and see if there is a cancellation or schedule change that allows me to make a free change.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:01 pm

That date is pretty much my date, perhaps one day earlier or later, but the result is the same: connect via LGW (which is interesting as its a A380), or do the bus transfer via LHR.

I guess the other thing I can do is simply book one and see if there is a cancellation or schedule change that allows me to make a free change.
i can see DBV-LHR-IAD on 7/16, departing DBV at 13.05 on BA2681. Does that work for you?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by volar
i can see DBV-LHR-IAD on 7/16, departing DBV at 13.05 on BA2681. Does that work for you?
Unfortunately no, my return calendar is restricted to 7/12 to 7/14
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
You could also fly DBV-LGW-JFK-DCA/BWI, no one is stopping you to fly on an AA domestic segment after you arrive at JFK.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
You could also fly DBV-LGW-JFK-DCA/BWI, no one is stopping you to fly on an AA domestic segment after you arrive at JFK.
The MCT for International to Domestic at JFK is not sufficient to make LGW-JFK-DCA. That connection is 1:20 currently and MCT is 1:45.

There is only one non-stop from JFK to BWI at present in July: 11:10 am.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
The MCT for International to Domestic at JFK is not sufficient to make LGW-JFK-DCA. That connection is 1:20 currently and MCT is 1:45.

There is only one non-stop from JFK to BWI at present in July: 11:10 am.
Interesting as AA amped up the frequency of JFK-BWI to x5-x6 daily during the winter and spring and they are going back to x1 daily in the summer.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think it is even longer than that. All T7<->T8 connections are MCT of 2 hours at JFK.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Interesting as AA amped up the frequency of JFK-BWI to x5-x6 daily during the winter and spring and they are going back to x1 daily in the summer.
You're memory is indeed correct. At present though, its the 1x daily.

So, the options (since you mention it) are as follows:

DBV-LGW-JFK...... 4 hour connection and self-transit to LGA for the 10:00 pm LGA-DCA flight.

or

DBV-LGW .... 4 hour connection and self-transit to LHR for the LHR-IAD nonstop.

I'm leaning towards the DBV-LGW...LHR-IAD option. But any advice on that transit or the value of lounges at LGW is appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.