Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by matthudski
I booked parking in short stay south (as it is open), but assume I'll need to change to North once the error is corrected? I only booked this a week ago so would have assumed it was correct, but it cannot be right??
If the landslide monorail is running between the terminals, I wouldn’t bother changing the parking if additional cost is involved. On occasions where the other short stay parking is substantially cheaper than the terminal I’m flying from, I’ve booked the cheapest and transferred to the other terminal via the monorail. Adds about 10 minutes.
matthudski and krispy84 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 3:52 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by gcuk
If the landslide monorail is running between the terminals, I wouldn’t bother changing the parking if additional cost is involved. On occasions where the other short stay parking is substantially cheaper than the terminal I’m flying from, I’ve booked the cheapest and transferred to the other terminal via the monorail. Adds about 10 minutes.
Great minds think alike, done this so often at LGW and also LHR where there can be frequent differences in prices between the 3 Long-Term car parks. Is worth doing at the moment with T5 LT being closed
Old Jul 28, 2020, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Looks like LGW short haul has been pulled and not restarting until 09NOV at the earliest. Availability prior to this date seems to all have vanished!
James91 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
Looks like LGW short haul has been pulled and not restarting until 09NOV at the earliest. Availability prior to this date seems to all have vanished!
How interesting, and the 9th of the month again.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:05 pm

I was in the booking process for DBV-LGW on 12/09 and right when I pressed to complete the booking, it kicked me back to the home page. I assumed they'd delay the reopening of SH but I wanted to buy before the inflated LHR prices kicked in!
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
How interesting, and the 9th of the month again.
The government quarantine action will have gutted the leisure bookings. It will likely lead to further job loses at BA and charter airlines.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:23 pm

why would anyone consider a flight on BA short haul from LGW just now?!
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by gw76
Much cheaper and if cancelled can transfer to a more expensive LHR flight.
VSLover, T8191, paulaf and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:53 pm

I have flights booked 02-09 Nov LGW LPA. Do we think it's a fair assumption that this flight may be switched to LHR? I hope do. I used the LHR departure frequently until it was pulled a while back.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by gw76
Some destinations are only served from LGW (Bordeaux, Porto, Seville etc) so if people wanted to go there they needed to use LGW. I will be happy to see all of these at LHR for longer though because it’s a great opportunity to fly to these cities from LHR T5!
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Appears the late summer flying and October half term revenue forecasts aren’t strong enough.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by richardwft
Appears the late summer flying and October half term revenue forecasts aren’t strong enough.
So does that mean LGW LPA 02 Nov will most likely be cancelled instead of being moved to LHR?
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by northeastflyer
So does that mean LGW LPA 02 Nov will most likely be cancelled instead of being moved to LHR?
I’d say they will move to LHR, albeit on reduced frequencies.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by richardwft
Sadly, only in the last four days will the risks involved in booking an overseas trip during an unpredictable global pandemic have become painfully clear to millions.

The Spain situation and Boris Johnson’s warning today of a second wave in Europe will inevitably damage BA’s recovery plans, which in the short term at least rely heavily on high demand for short-haul leisure travel.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 1:34 pm

We have flights booked from LGW to Verona on the 12th and flying back from Venice on the 27th Sept.
We've had our cruise in the middle (from Venice) cancelled and I was about to submit an insurance claim for the flights and hotels, which are non-refundable.
I've already taken 2 credit notes from previous flights so really don't want to take a third.
Should I wait and see if BA cancel/change? If they do, an idea of when they may notify the passengers...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.