Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
My flights I booked on Friday for end July LGW-AGP have now disappeared from sale.... I’d prefer LHR but I’d like the times I have currently booked!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
My flights I booked on Friday for end July LGW-AGP have now disappeared from sale.... I’d prefer LHR but I’d like the times I have currently booked!
Unusually for me, and I'm sure you are aware of this anyway, this is the sort of cancellation you would need to swiftly re-arrange. LHR-AGP is almost booked out and if they are removing LGW-AGP there won't be much left.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by JerseyPilot
Huh? No Long Haul routes are moving to Gatwick so dumping a load of extra SH routes into Heathrow is hardly minimizing the number of people using T5, is it? It’s only minimizing the number of people using the South Terminal at LGW. I don’t quite follow that logic.

Having just said that Gatwick routes are disappearing from BA.com so there’s something afoot.
IF BA has to both a) slot sit at Heathrow whilst b) minimising the number of people at Heathrow for distancing reasons, moving (say) 10 long hauls to Gatwick and 30 short hauls to Heathrow would do the job.

The alternative is running empty planes out of Heathrow to keep the slots whilst running the usual mix of Gatwick and Heathrow, which seems off the table.

All may change if there is a Winter slot waiver of course, or loads are so bad we all get 10 sq m of personal space in the lounge anyway.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks very much for the heads up corporate-wage-slave

LCY is rather bothersome to get to, so considering there’s four of us may have to act damn quick. Much prefer the thought of arriving at midday from Gatters than late afternoon from LHR. Do you think they’d increase frequencies on this route?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
With luck the BA2xxx etc flight numbers will just reappear as LHR flights and we'll all have the option to move over like happened for early July .. I've got a few in August , some I'm be happy with the cancellation , some I'd like to keep .. let's see what appears overnight I guess
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Thanks very much for the heads up corporate-wage-slave

LCY is rather bothersome to get to, so considering there’s four of us may have to act damn quick. Much prefer the thought of arriving at midday from Gatters than late afternoon from LHR. Do you think they’d increase frequencies on this route?
Well I've already commented in the July thread that now BA is charging £500 each way for AGP, I'm amazed they haven't put the A380 on the sector. I'm sure RevMgr knows what they are doing, but at the moment the services are going down in number, not up. And I find that astonishing. Maybe when the Red / Amber / Green list finally gets distributed on Wednesday (and the remaining seats evaporate on Thursday) BA or BACF will add services. BACF cannot always (ever?) run full to AGP, so it's not ideal for them either.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I booked AGP last week for Mid July and watched availability on the outbound gradually shrink to only JY and B. It seems extraordinarily negligent (and very uncommercial) of BA to take that volume and value of bookings and then cancel the flights the following week! I sincerely hope the flights are moved, or LHR upgauged meaningfully. It’ll be annoying enough losing exit row seats...
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:56 pm

LGW-HER

As a data point my flight from LGW to HER for early September has disappeared from sale.

I’m hoping this will be moved to LHR otherwise there would be no flights to Crete?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
I understood that operations at Gatwick were being restricted to the North terminal only? So no BA lounges if BA are operating Gatwick routes...
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by jameslon
As a data point my flight from LGW to HER for early September has disappeared from sale.

I’m hoping this will be moved to LHR otherwise there would be no flights to Crete?
There is still Chania, but that’s a long way from Heraklion admittedly.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
With luck the BA2xxx etc flight numbers will just reappear as LHR flights and we'll all have the option to move over like happened for early July .. I've got a few in August , some I'm be happy with the cancellation , some I'd like to keep .. let's see what appears overnight I guess
The next discussion may be, if BA do move the flights across to LHR, whether this is treated as a cancellation or just an airport switch. Potentially you won’t get offered the option of a refund.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:30 pm

Just gone into an end of August LGW booking. Very odd. I have had over 50 cancellations so far and non have looked like this. BA holiday. It says

Error

• Please check that you have entered all the required information. Booking Reference and last name of passenger are required.

Applied for a future travel voucher?

You'll receive your future travel voucher within 7 days from submitting our form. Already have your voucher? Get in touch with us to redeem it when you're ready to make a new booking.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by jameslon

Mine quoted above is to HER- looks as if it has gone completely
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Just gone into an end of August LGW booking. Very odd. I have had over 50 cancellations so far and non have looked like this. .
There is a longstanding glitch that sometimes requires you to enter PNR and surname in the boxes below, it seems to carry the data from the previous screen.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
From what I gather from a travel agent friend BA have taken all LGW short haul off sale until 8 Sept.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.