Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2021, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: alexwuk
September 2021 update:

Suspensions of all remaining LGW short haul services further extended to 26 March 2022, with the exception of: one daily MAN-LGW-MAN rotation (BA2509/BA2508) and one daily GLA-LGW-GLA rotation (BA2511/BA2512)

Many LGW short haul routes will continue to operate from LHR in the meantime; exceptions are ALC/CGN/DBV/GOA, which have been suspended until 26th March 2022 ie these destinations will not operated by BA this Winter.

Print Wikipost

BA at Gatwick 2021

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
OT for this particular Thread, but August is looking better!
Have BA actually touched the August schedule yet?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Have BA actually touched the August schedule yet?
Earlier today I got a BA quote for JER-LGW-MLA for mid-August. MLA Border due to open to UK in mid-Jul, a couple of weeks after some other EU nations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...ly-uk-tourists
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Earlier today I got a BA quote for JER-LGW-MLA for mid-August. MLA Border due to open to UK in mid-Jul, a couple of weeks after some other EU nations.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/n...ly-uk-tourists
Even if all borders reopen by August, I doubt BA will run the planned schedule. At the moment I don’t think anything has been touched for August, so LGW-AGP for example is still 5x per day.
T8191 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:28 pm

Also scheduled to fly to & from LGW August 2020

Booked two nonrefundable tickets through American Airlines in November 2019, to fly on British Airways, departing from Tampa Florida on 03 August, returning to Tampa on 20 August. Checking daily to see if my flights have been canceled. Any ideas what to expect, and when? Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by LarimoreB
Booked two nonrefundable tickets through American Airlines in November 2019, to fly on British Airways, departing from Tampa Florida on 03 August, returning to Tampa on 20 August. Checking daily to see if my flights have been canceled. Any ideas what to expect, and when? Thanks!
Late-June or Early-July.
BA is currently making their final touch for their July schedule and they should soon start adjusting the August schedule.

Also, they might want to wait a bit to see if the UK self-isolation/quarantine regulation would be extended or not.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
You’d best ask Mr Trump. Until he says otherwise, TPA is out of bounds to passenger flights from the UK.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Late-June or Early-July.
BA is currently making their final touch for their July schedule and they should soon start adjusting the August schedule.

Also, they might want to wait a bit to see if the UK self-isolation/quarantine regulation would be extended or not.
Yup. Currently flights from UK/EU and a few others may only arrive in certain airports: Protecting Air Travelers and the American Public

TPA is not on the list. And while AA is lobbying hard to get PHL and CLT added, TPA is still unlikely.

While BA is offering the LGW-TPA starting 1 August, that seems optimistic.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:59 pm

To bring this back to the question posed by the OP, BA have this week released (to affected staff/crew) detailed proposals of staffing requirements going forward. It involves reductions, of course, but it definitively looks as if there is no plan to permanently close LGW.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Confus
To bring this back to the question posed by the OP, BA have this week released (to affected staff/crew) detailed proposals of staffing requirements going forward. It involves reductions, of course, but it definitively looks as if there is no plan to permanently close LGW.
Glad to hear it. Do you know how reduced the staffing levels will be? Major cut or just the standard 30% reduction?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-53069014

Sorry if this has already been posted, is this passenger service staff being TUPED to BA owned Gatwick Ground Services? i.e. Same job for less money and benefits?
And do BA seriously employ 1,088 ground staff at Gatters? Seems high.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
You’d best ask Mr Trump. Until he says otherwise, TPA is out of bounds to passenger flights from the UK.
Well LarimoreB has flights the other way around TPA to LGW and return
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by GumshoeW12
Unless the passengers are excluded from the Presidential Proclamation.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Unless the passengers are excluded from the Presidential Proclamation.
Flights from the UK are not allowed to land in Tampa. It doesn't matter who the passengers are.

Certainly, you can fly to TPA via one of the 15 "gateway" cities like MIA, but a direct LON-TPA is right out.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Infocustv
Well LarimoreB has flights the other way around TPA to LGW and return
Yes. BA will let you book that starting 1 Aug. Whether US's rules will change by then to allow it is dubious.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SpammersAreScum
Flights from the UK are not allowed to land in Tampa. It doesn't matter who the passengers are.

Certainly, you can fly to TPA via one of the 15 "gateway" cities like MIA, but a direct LON-TPA is right out.
Yes, you are completely correct in every respect. It sounded to me that the poster to which I replied was referring to passengers from the UK arriving in the US. I may have missed their more detailed point that you addressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.