Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by youngfogey
Afternoon all, quick question following the April 2022 update. It applies for those with Tier point collection end dates July to September 2022. If you are a June 2022 tier point end date (me) are you just out of luck and no further extension?
You've already had the extension that's now being afforded to the following three-month cohort.
golfmad likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: British Airways GCH
thx for the speedy reply
Old May 31, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by col747uk
Has any GGL with a year expiring on 8 December 2022 had the year extension applied. Ba GGL line says i should have extension to 31 January 2024 but account still says 31 January 2023.?
Had mine extended for another year today. No official email about the extension but couple of emails about a renewal pack and partner cards. Account says Jan 2024 card expiry. Woohoo!
bermudasun likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by Irish lad
Had mine extended for another year today. No official email about the extension but couple of emails about a renewal pack and partner cards. Account says Jan 2024 card expiry. Woohoo!
Me too. pleasant surprise. Now expiry of Jan 2024. Thanks BA!
Old May 31, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
had the same email about the renewal email and online now showing a Jan 2024 expiry
Old May 31, 2022, 11:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Amb Elite
Same here (another Dec 22 GGL extended) - received welcome pack emails and card expiry updated to Jan 24 in the app/ website
Old May 31, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Same here. I raised via GGL desk a few days ago, they were looking in to it. Today I get my Dec GGL status extended and an email from GGL team to confirm. Feels like they finally sorted the IT issue!

Likely the last such extension.....
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: OW
Recently hit Gold for the first time from Silver with TP year ending July 22 - my app says "You have retained Gold" (which is clearly not the case) and shows a 30 Aug 23 expiry date - I assume this is correct notwithstanding the fact that there is some confusion whether I have attained or retained Gold? Thanks!
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:42 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by eh220160
Recently hit Gold for the first time from Silver with TP year ending July 22 - my app says "You have retained Gold" (which is clearly not the case) and shows a 30 Aug 23 expiry date - I assume this is correct notwithstanding the fact that there is some confusion whether I have attained or retained Gold? Thanks!
Assume that's a typo for 31st August 2023, but otherwise yes - that is the expected expiry date for a July '22 member in your circumstances.
eh220160 likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Smile

Mine Too.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Is it only 450 Tier Points for Silver till end 2022 ?

I've got an 8th June Tier Point reset date.

If I was to earn 450 Tier Points after 8th June would that give me Silver all the way till 2024?
Can't quite get my head around all the updates of late.

Strikes me that a BA Holiday trip in Business over to the likes of Athens (EDI-LHR-ATH 40/80) with double Tier points on offer would give me Silver in a single trip!

That could be a neat trip as I have 6 of us all booked on a single trip to MCO next year and this would allow me to reserve seats for us all at no cost.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by pmcg
I've got an 8th June Tier Point reset date.

If I was to earn 450 Tier Points after 8th June would that give me Silver all the way till 2024?
Can't quite get my head around all the updates of late.

Strikes me that a BA Holiday trip in Business over to the likes of Athens (EDI-LHR-ATH 40/80) with double Tier points on offer would give me Silver in a single trip!

That could be a neat trip as I have 6 of us all booked on a single trip to MCO next year and this would allow me to reserve seats for us all at no cost.
if you earn 450 points between june 9th and dec 31st, and take the 4 qualifying flights then i believe that yes you would get silver for the rest of this qualifying year and the whole of the next qualifying year.

Yes it is possible with the double tp offer that this can be done on one trip. I am on a trip at the moment that does not include double tp but i will get 560tps. Jus tnot the 4 qualifying flights
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:23 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
if you earn 450 points between june 9th and dec 31st, and take the 4 qualifying flights then i believe that yes you would get silver for the rest of this qualifying year and the whole of the next qualifying year.

Yes it is possible with the double tp offer that this can be done on one trip. I am on a trip at the moment that does not include double tp but i will get 560tps. Jus tnot the 4 qualifying flights
Thanks, that's quite some deal.
I can get Silver for 2 of us & 5 nights in Athens for £1,605.

With 2 of us and another 4 travelling next year in Y that would get 4 of us into the lounge and perhaps 6 if a lounge agent was kind to the 2 kids.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:48 am

Does the 300 threshold to RENEW silver apply to everyone in their current collection year? The main text on the BA web page indicates yes, but the drop down indicates only Jul-Sept renewers... This is confusing

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced

Asking on behalf of a March year ender!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by GBOAC
Does the 300 threshold to RENEW silver apply to everyone in their current collection year? The main text on the BA web page indicates yes, but the drop down indicates only Jul-Sept renewers... This is confusing

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...eshold-reduced

Asking on behalf of a March year ender!
my reading of "We have automatically applied the reduced threshold to Silver Members with Tier Point Collection Year end dates in July, August and September 2022. If you collect 300 Tier Points by the end of your current Tier Point Collection Year," is that it is ony for July August and September renewals

as a march renewal you were extended till 2023 and have till year end to renew silver on 450 TP plus 4 eligible flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.