Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
It's certainly open to interpretation, but since Geebsie spoke of a double TP destination [emphasis mine] rather than holiday I took it that a SH+ 80TP trip (being double the "normal" 40) is what they originally meant.

But it not, would add another +1 for that approach over a double TP holiday.
Thank you BertieBadger - certainly loose language on my part but you are absolutely correct - my reference to a "double TP destination" was to a destination where I can earn 80TP each way in Business. Ideally the cheapest I can do with a departure on Friday 15 July an return on Saturday 16 July, or B2B on Saturday 16 July. I'll do some digging later on, but grateful for any suggestions.
zen100 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I’ve earned 490 TPs for my current collection year ( ends April 8, 2023) yet my card expiry date still shows 05/31/2023. Shouldn’t expiry date be 5/31/24 given I earned 490 THIS year? Or is it just BA being slow?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rjburns
I’ve earned 490 TPs for my current collection year ( ends April 8, 2023) yet my card expiry date still shows 05/31/2023. Shouldn’t expiry date be 5/31/24 given I earned 490 THIS year? Or is it just BA being slow?
It won't update until the end of your year. But you should see "silver retained" or something to that extent.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 10:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by rjburns
nothing will happen until sometime after dec 31 when they will check who made the reduced threshold

Do not worry about it

I do not think you will see 'silver maintained' either unless you get 600tp but again don't worry about it. It will get resolved in early 2023

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jul 8, 2022 at 10:51 pm
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:15 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
**** Accidentally posted twice but can't delete this ****

Last edited by air_boi; Jul 9, 2022 at 12:53 am
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:17 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
My tier point collection year ends 8 July. As of yesterday I had a silver card expiry of 31 Aug 22, 505 points and 4 flights completed, so enough to requalify as silver under the reduced points threshold. Overnight, my points and flights reset to 0, my collection year changed to 8 July 23 but my card expiry still says 31 Aug 22. Is there a lag in it updating to 31 Aug 23 or do I need to wait till the date rolls around?

Last edited by air_boi; Jul 9, 2022 at 12:27 am
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by air_boi
My tier point collection year ends 8 July. As of yesterday I had a card expiry of 31 Aug 22, 505 points and 4 flights completed, so enough to requalify under the reduced points threshold. Overnight, my points and flights reset to 0, my collection year changed to 8 July 23 but my card expiry still days 31 Aug 22. Is there a lag in it updating to 31 Aug 23 or do I need to wait till the date rolls around?
Same for me. I guess it changes after the card expiry date passes.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
This thread has just reminded me - 8 July just passed so I’m back to 0. I think GGLs have been fortunate to get a further extension where others haven’t (am not really clear why) but with all of the cancellations and uncertainty at the moment, 3000 looks a long way away 😟

docsxx likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
This thread has just reminded me - 8 July just passed so I’m back to 0. I think GGLs have been fortunate to get a further extension where others haven’t (am not really clear why) but with all of the cancellations and uncertainty at the moment, 3000 looks a long way away 😟
This may not be overly helpful but is it not 2,250 if achieved before the end of this calendar year?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by golfmad
This may not be overly helpful but is it not 2,250 if achieved before the end of this calendar year?
Yes the reduced threshold is still in place until the end of the year, but the full total will start showing at the beginning of the new collection year.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
yes thanks for the reminder - somewhat unlikely though 😀😂
golfmad likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
My wife’s Gold year end is 8th October and she currently has 360 TPs. She (we actually) has had her last three bookings cancelled by BA. My gut feeling is that BA will probably extend the members with year ends this year anyway but if they don’t do that, can she ask them to take her cancelled flights into consideration?

My year end is March and I’m also really struggling. I was hoping to get the reduced threshold by the end of this year but that’s looking highly unlikely given my last three flights have all been cancelled.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I'm finding it quite easy to travel enough now to retain (I have a March year end, and am a good long way towards the reduced 2250tp by December) now the restrictions are mostly gone. Prices are high particularly in shorthaul, but I am still finding value when you keep an eye on things and are flexible.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Any news about a potential extension for GGLs with a year end after March 2022? TO be fair, they should treat all GGLs in the same way.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo
Any news about a potential extension for GGLs with a year end after March 2022? TO be fair, they should treat all GGLs in the same way.
I think this thread is the ultimate proof that there is no fair way of treating BAEC members and extensions - and really no definition of what is fair, even if BA were aiming for fairness.
81romeo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.