Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by A13
October year end-er feeling hard done by..
Same! Reckon I'll reach 450 TP's by then though.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:34 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Someone at BA has just fed the hamster (or swapped it for a new one). I've just received THE email
orbitmic, Oaxaca and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Well now I'm feeling really left out, but my card has updated so they can give the hamster a rest!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Nov year end here, just had GGL status extended by a year.
Now wondering why I bothered to accumulate 2,500 TPs in the last 5 months.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Also got the email. Was on track to requalify anyway, but handy to have the risk of cancelled trips mitigated.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Someone at BA has just fed the hamster (or swapped it for a new one). I've just received THE email

Me too! 16.33 UK time to be precise !
HighwayToHEL and BertieBadger like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC
Not seen it mentioned here, but although I'd likely re-qualify under Silver think it's seriously poor form not to offer members in this tier some form of extension. Presume the 'value and understanding' that BA so often reminds us of considers us not 'loyal' enough to be worthy of one..
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Was your travel otherwise pointless?
adrianlondon and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Not seen it mentioned here, but although I'd likely re-qualify under Silver think it's seriously poor form not to offer members in this tier some form of extension. Presume the 'value and understanding' that BA so often reminds us of considers us not 'loyal' enough to be worthy of one..
I guess they think the 50% reduction in TP makes it achievable within the membership year.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if all you are doing is TP runs then this was always a risk, the alternate was not travelling and no extension being offered. You rolled the dice

if you had some holidays, business travel etc and this was flying you would have done anyway its not really a problem either way

i can see a case for BA extending and saying that a % of the points accumulated would rollover but they have chosen not to do that

But it was in BAs interest to have you fly, if they had forewarned us we were being extened well in advance and many of us had chosen not to fly then that would not have helped their coffers and I suspect at the moment every penny really counts
Tobias-UK, HighwayToHEL and zen100 like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
if all you are doing is TP runs then this was always a risk, the alternate was not travelling and no extension being offered. You rolled the dice

if you had some holidays, business travel etc and this was flying you would have done anyway its not really a problem either way

i can see a case for BA extending and saying that a % of the points accumulated would rollover but they have chosen not to do that

But it was in BAs interest to have you fly, if they had forewarned us we were being extened well in advance and many of us had chosen not to fly then that would not have helped their coffers and I suspect at the moment every penny really counts
As you say, we roll the dice - I’ve got my first ever TP run coming up at the end of June, a 1050 TP trip to HNL… so I could feel aggrieved that my GGL is being extended but I’m kinda looking forward to the trip anyway! And the extension takes the pressure off for the rest of the year. 2023 is going to be full on BA/Oneworld!
HighwayToHEL and drwook like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I also seem to be in the current late receivers batch of emails. Wonder if others have not received it yet (or why the batching in the first place but that’s purely academic curiosity)
Old Apr 21, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Wow. I'm really surprised by this. I suppose pleasantly. Although since I now fairly easily reach status I've become one of those humbugs who is okay with it being more difficult for everyone else to thin out the lounges etc

I also now realise I could have just booked my last F trip on Lufthansa rather than BA/AA metal which I did entirely for the tier points!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:01 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by clearedforlanding

I also now realise I could have just booked my last F trip on Lufthansa rather than BA/AA metal which I did entirely for the tier points!
Which of course from BA's viewpoint is the best possible argument for delaying the extension decision / announcement...pretty understandable really.
zen100 likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
I thought the extensions were only for anniversary dates up till the end of September? So if you are November you would still need to requalify as you have done. Or do you expect that October to December anniversaries will also be extended nearer the time?

My wife and kids all fall into the October to December bucket unfortunately. But pleased for those who will benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.