Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sounding a bit viscous but here goes..

My collection year ends 8th September and I've already requalified as Gold a few months ago by reaching the required tier point freshold.

My card expiry date showing in the app is October 2023. I may have imagined it but I'm sure it was showing 2022 before. I assumed my card expiry date would have been October 2023 anyway if I'd organically requalified in year ending September 2022.

Do I have an extra year or not?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
Sounding a bit viscous but here goes..

My collection year ends 8th September and I've already requalified as Gold a few months ago by reaching the required tier point freshold.

My card expiry date showing in the app is October 2023. I may have imagined it but I'm sure it was showing 2022 before.

Yes.

When you renew your expiry date of your card would not normally update until year end so the 2023 is reflective of an extension rather than your recent renewal.
Schwann likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

My card expiry date showing in the app is October 2023. I may have imagined it but I'm sure it was showing 2022 before. I assumed my card expiry date would have been October 2023 anyway if I'd organically requalified in year ending September 2022.

It sounds like you have exactly what BA has promised. It's not an extension in the sense of an extra year being added on to whatever you have earned. You are protected at Gold until 31 October 2023 whether or not you fly enough TPs during 2021/22. As it happens, you have flown enough to renew Gold, but even if you had done no flying at all since 9 September 2021, you would now still be Gold until 31 October 2023.
Schwann and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes.

When you renew your expiry date of your card would not normally update until year end so the 2023 is reflective of an extension rather than your recent renewal.
Great. So that's Gold status until October 2024 by my reckoning?

Edit: Just read Globaliser's post.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great. So that's Gold status until October 2024 by my reckoning?

Edit: Just read Globaliser's post.
My account just updated to card expiry to Sep 2023. Does that mean if I do the run I was planning to do in Early June and get 1125 TP then I'd have gold until Sep 2024?
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by webstereo
My account just updated to card expiry to Sep 2023. Does that mean if I do the run I was planning to do in Early June and get 1125 TP then I'd have gold until Sep 2024?
hi

No . Your points would be added to this year ( tier point collection year end 8 Aug?)
if you fly any time after August and get 1125tps then you would be renewed to sep 24

Effectively any tier points earned between now and tier point collection end date would be wasted ( apart from lifetime tier points)

Regards

Tbs
Schwann, Lefly and HighwayToHEL like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:15 am

Yes, of course. Thanks for confirming
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:37 am

The genius of this from BA is that although staying gold until 23 and then dropping to Silver would be fine, I now find myself obsessing about getting those 1125 points before Dec 31. It's a sickness. )
Old Apr 21, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
I was thinking the same

I'm an August baby, so I can either aim for 2250 between Aug 9th and Dec 31st, or aim for 3000 between Aug 9th and Aug 8th '23. Whilst the latter seems more achievable, given the number of months, most of my travel is always in Q3/Q4 of the year, so it may actually be easier to aim for 2250 in 5 months rather than 3000 in 12 months.

It's a bizarre game we play.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I was thinking the same

I'm an August baby, so I can either aim for 2250 between Aug 9th and Dec 31st, or aim for 3000 between Aug 9th and Aug 8th '23. Whilst the latter seems more achievable, given the number of months, most of my travel is always in Q3/Q4 of the year, so it may actually be easier to aim for 2250 in 5 months rather than 3000 in 12 months.

It's a bizarre game we play.
I'll likely do this. Hit my 2500 for renewal (and first set of GUF vouchers) between Aug and Dec and then shoot for status on another airline as well. Currently trying to decide whether that should be EK or someone like Lufty to avail another alliance.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Unexpected but welcome. The email came yesterday and my app membership card has been updated.

I was unlikely to have requalified this year.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Lots of talk about reduced tier points, nothing on 4 qualifying flights?

My partner has an august silver renewal, at 0 tp now.
We have 4 QR flights but no BA flights.
and I am confused

globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Apr 21, 2022 at 6:55 am
Old Apr 21, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Globalist

My partner has an august silver renewal, at 0 tp and BA metal flights.
and I am confused

globalist
AFAIK there is no reduction on the 4 qualifying flights requirement. I believe your partner has until August 8th to get to the reduced TP target and 4 qualifying flights. Your partner may consider it better to drop to Bronze and then from August to year end aim for again getting silver which would be for whatever was remain from their 22/23 year and all of 23/24
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

My partner has an august silver renewal, at 0 tp now.
We have 4 QR flights but no BA flights.
and I am confused

globalist
See the FAQs on this page. Youi still need the eligible flights.

Do I still need to have completed the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights required for my Tier to benefit from the reduced threshold?

To renew or upgrade your membership under the 25% Tier threshold reduction for the following year, you will need to have flown the minimum number of British Airways or Iberia flights. This is two flights for Bronze membership, and four flights for Silver and Gold membership.
Globalist likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver

My partner has an august silver renewal, at 0 tp and BA metal flights.
and I am confused

globalist
You still need the qualifying flights.

And a data point from myself. July year end with Silver renewed already, no email and still showing 31st August 2022. The message regarding the new threshold is showing on main account page once logged in. I'd imagine the expiry date will remain as is until the year end as with normal renewal procedure.
Globalist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.