Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
For reference, Gold here and no e-mail received, and account still shows expiry of Gold card in November 2022
Same but we're not in the lucky bucket so it's normal.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Of course, some people who have flown and renewed anyway may feel aggrieved (this was a theme back at the very first extension), but as you say, BA’s game, ball and rules.
Not only that, but those who were flying were the fortunate ones who could actually use the benefits of their status.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
Golds got extended; silver got their threshold reduced by 50%
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in my situation. I'm currently Silver with a July 8th TP reset date and my digital Silver card shows an expiry date of Aug 31, 2022. I'm currently at 1000+ TP and will have enough before July 8 to reach the 1125 TP threshold for Gold.

I see the even-further reduced notification to re-qualify for Silver but that re-qualification already happened for me at 400 TPs a few months ago so no gain there. If Golds were extended and Silvers given further reduced Silver re-qualifications at 300 TP, I wonder what will happen to a Silver who becomes Gold in the next month or so???

(Note, none of this is a complaint as I firmly fall into the aforementioned "BA's rules as it's their game, ball and bat" camp.)
Old Apr 22, 2022, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by geo1005
It will be interesting to see how this plays out in my situation. I'm currently Silver with a July 8th TP reset date and my digital Silver card shows an expiry date of Aug 31, 2022. I'm currently at 1000+ TP and will have enough before July 8 to reach the 1125 TP threshold for Gold.
I’m in much the same boat, I should cross the threshold of 1125 points about a week before July 8. However I’d expect that we won’t get an extension to July 2024 but I’ll wait and see what happens, you never know!

Last edited by WoodleyBeacon; Apr 22, 2022 at 11:10 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Not only that, but those who were flying were the fortunate ones who could actually use the benefits of their status.
mmm…to a point. IME, the benefits of status when flying were somewhat marginal compared to normal at several points during the pandemic. Obviously that has improved more recently.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
Originally Posted by alex67500
ah silly me! I could have sworn it said golds through to December, but just reread and see it says GGLs, thankfully I have some travel booked to get me there in any case.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by geo1005
If Golds were extended and Silvers given further reduced Silver re-qualifications at 300 TP, I wonder what will happen to a Silver who becomes Gold in the next month or so???
They will get gold for the rest of their current collection year and all of the next collection year like normal, nothing extra.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 2:17 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
They will get gold for the rest of their current collection year and all of the next collection year like normal, nothing extra.
not necessarily. In some of the other extensions (e.g. the IT meltdown a few years ago) those reaching the next status level in year have found an extra year got added on. Not sure if this would still be the case.
eh220160 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
Will that lucky bucket for G’s join GGH’s and move back to include these through to Dec?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
not necessarily. In some of the other extensions (e.g. the IT meltdown a few years ago) those reaching the next status level in year have found an extra year got added on. Not sure if this would still be the case.
While that has happened in the past in terms if this status extension there are no additional years for people who have retained status or attained a new status.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
So I am GGL with an 8 Dec year end with a card expiry date of Jan 23 but haven’t heard anything… so is this based on card expiry date or am I missing something
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:36 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by bermudasun
So I am GGL with an 8 Dec year end with a card expiry date of Jan 23 but haven’t heard anything… so is this based on card expiry date or am I missing something
Same here - no email and no update on the account. I'm not worried too much, as I'll renew GGL organically this year.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by megaloman
Same here - no email and no update on the account. I'm not worried too much, as I'll renew GGL organically this year.
As a data point, I am also Dec 8 year end and GGL.

My app and account showed no extension and I received no email, so I called GGL line. The agent was aware of the announcement, confirmed I would receive the extension until Jan 2024, and said he could see this extension already on a different system they use.

So not clear why it isn't showing but at least it seems there is nothing to worry about

Still would be reassuring to see on our end...
bermudasun, kitey27 and megaloman like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Carmer
As a data point, I am also Dec 8 year end and GGL.

My app and account showed no extension and I received no email, so I called GGL line. The agent was aware of the announcement, confirmed I would receive the extension until Jan 2024, and said he could see this extension already on a different system they use.

So not clear why it isn't showing but at least it seems there is nothing to worry about

Still would be reassuring to see on our end...
Yet another December 8 GGL here, good to know the extension is on its way. I was not expecting this extension.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I'm an August renewal as GGL and my card was updated last week (card expiry is now showing Sept 2023).
TTmex likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.