Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by 81romeo
GGL line just told me that the 75% TPs reduction only applies if your year end is by Dec 2022.
Well that would be daft given every GGL with a year end up to Dec has been extended.

If you hit 2250 by end of Dec, then that's your requalification done.

Otherwise it's just 3000 as normal before May 8.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 81romeo
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.
Seeking some clarification here: May year end here - do I need 3,000 TP by May 2023 regardless or 2,250 by December?
GGL line just told me that the 75% TPs reduction only applies if your year end is by Dec 2022.
The 25% reduction is regardless of when your collection year ends. Up to 31 December it's the reduced amount of 2250, from 1st January you will need to the the full tier points 3000 if you haven't reached the 2250. Log into your Executive Club account on a web browser and there it's laid out relatively clearly, ignore the tracker.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Well that would be daft given every GGL with a year end up to Dec has been extended.

If you hit 2250 by end of Dec, then that's your requalification done.

Otherwise it's just 3000 as normal before May 8.
Thank you, thought so!
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
If I meet the reduced threshold by, for example, 21Nov, will I get the new expiration or new card (if I qualify for higher status) applied fairly quickly, or will that all be handled at the end of the year?

Thanks,

LcS
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by LCSinTexas
If I meet the reduced threshold by, for example, 21Nov, will I get the new expiration or new card (if I qualify for higher status) applied fairly quickly, or will that all be handled at the end of the year?

Thanks,

LcS
I would imagine that if you go up a level that would generate a new card quite quickly. But retaining status will have that processed manually in 2023.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I would imagine that if you go up a level that would generate a new card quite quickly. But retaining status will have that processed manually in 2023.
I went up a status (to GGL) and it was applied instantly.

In fact, it was ahead of time. I got the e-mail confirming GGL about an hour before the tier points were showing to push me over the 3750.
firstlight and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: BA Silver
Sorry I think this has been answered but I’d like to double check to clarify.

My TP collection year ends Jan 2023, so just outside of the Dec 22 promotion date which requires 450 points needed to retain silver.

However, if I meet 450 before end of year, am I correct in saying that I’ll make Silver again? Even though I’d technically go into 2023 on 450 points when the promotion has ended.

Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Sorry I think this has been answered but I’d like to double check to clarify.

My TP collection year ends Jan 2023, so just outside of the Dec 22 promotion date which requires 450 points needed to retain silver.

However, if I meet 450 before end of year, am I correct in saying that I’ll make Silver again? Even though I’d technically go into 2023 on 450 points when the promotion has ended.

Thanks
Your year end is irrelevant, if you reach 450 by 31 December, you will get silver at that point and it will stay.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by sb1982
Your year end is irrelevant, if you reach 450 by 31 December, you will get silver at that point and it will stay.
Thanks. I’ve just realised that my return flight back is on Jan 3. However, the outbound on Monday 19 Dec would put me over 450.

How would BA view this? Usually you don’t get credited until you’ve flown the full outbound and return but technically I would have earned enough with the outbound before the deadline?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:16 am

Thanks. I’ve just realised that my return flight back is on Jan 3. However, the outbound on Monday 19 Dec would put me over 450.

How would BA view this? Usually you don’t get credited until you’ve flown the full outbound and return but technically I would have earned enough with the outbound before the deadline?
Then you will be fine, you get the tier points for each individual flight, so your 19 Dec points should post a few days later but will be dated 19 December anyway - you will have your 450 well before 31 December and your Silver. The 3 Jan points will then post separately but you'd have achieved your status before then!
Brisbane Road and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:18 am

I've qualified for a new tier mid-trip before - it's when you fly that counts, not when the points are credited. So if you hit 450 TP before the end of December, you retain Silver.

And as you're Silver already, then you'll get the benefits for your return trip - sometimes if you qualify mid-trip, the status doesn't update in time for your return so you're not able to access the benefits of your new tier, but that shouldn't be an issue for you.
Brisbane Road and m8_rotate like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Usually you don’t get credited until you’ve flown the full outbound and return but technically I would have earned enough with the outbound before the deadline?
I don’t understand what you mean by this. Flights are credited individually and will normally appear 1-3 days after your individual flight showing the date of the flight itself and date posted.
jerry a. laska and IMH like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:29 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Usually you don’t get credited until you’ve flown the full outbound and return [...]
That may be true if there's not much time between the outbound flight(s) and the return, but there's no "fly the whole ticket before you get any Avios or TPs" rule. Flights post when BAEC receives and processes the operating airline's notification that you've flown. That can be the next day for some BA flights or it can take several days.

As others have said, whether you earn or renew status is determined by whether you fly enough before your TP collection year ends -- but obviously your account will only show what has actually been posted at the time you look.
golfmad likes this.

Last edited by IMH; Jul 28, 2022 at 7:30 am Reason: syntax
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by sb1982
I'm in a similar situation so normally rules of getting status for the following year applies?

Example, 450 TP - Gain Silver Dec 2022
Still 450 TP Renewal Year end Jan 2023 - Continue Silver or soft landing down to bronze?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:24 am

Apologies to be slow but my tier points collection year ends in Feb 2023. To retain gold status the BA app says I need to have 1500 tier points by then. Am I right in thinking that if I earn 1125 tier points by 31 December 2022 I will qualify for gold status due to the 25% tier point reduction this year?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.