Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 14, 22, 7:33 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
AS OF 11 July 2022:

BRITISH AIRWAYS PROTECTS TIER STATUS FOR ITS LOYAL EXECUTIVE CLUB MEMBERS
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.

See post 796 for further details https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32452931-post796.html

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers

20 Sep 21 Update - see post #3594 onwards

21 Dec 21 Update - see post #3942 onwards

20 Apr 22 Update - see post #4483 onwards

The graph Illustrated below covers simple renewal milestones (collection year start/end dates) onto a blue bar (mid blue represents your current membership year; dark blue represents the extension periods). This does not touch the effect tier jumps have on the extension end dates. You can find confirmation of the extension being added to your BAEC account via "My Executive Club". This is signified by the "Card expiry date"

Updated 20 September 2021

Coronavirus: How the Executive Club is supporting you
Were adding 12 months extra onto your Executive Club membership so you have more time to enjoy your benefits, whenever youre ready to fly.

All members will benefit, starting with those who have a Tier Point collection end date of July 2020, through to June 2021.

Whats more, it will be even easier to retain your status next time youre up for renewal, as weve decreased the amount of Tier Points needed by 25%. This is the same for upgrades thresholds too, making that next Tier more achievable.

This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds, as shown below:

Bronze: 225 Tier Points or 18 eligible flights
Silver: 450 Tier Points or 37 eligible flights
Gold: 1125 Tier Points
Gold Guest List: 3,750 Tier Points (to attain), 2,250 Tier Points (to retain) [not in the original email but understood to be true]

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, weve applied 6-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

See link to BA site for further FAQs.

Print Wikipost

Old Jul 5, 22, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
It's certainly open to interpretation, but since Geebsie spoke of a double TP destination [emphasis mine] rather than holiday I took it that a SH+ 80TP trip (being double the "normal" 40) is what they originally meant.

But it not, would add another +1 for that approach over a double TP holiday.
Thank you BertieBadger - certainly loose language on my part but you are absolutely correct - my reference to a "double TP destination" was to a destination where I can earn 80TP each way in Business. Ideally the cheapest I can do with a departure on Friday 15 July an return on Saturday 16 July, or B2B on Saturday 16 July. I'll do some digging later on, but grateful for any suggestions.
zen100 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 22, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA Silver, UA Gold (1mm),Marriott Plat, AVIS PC, National ExecElite
Ive earned 490 TPs for my current collection year ( ends April 8, 2023) yet my card expiry date still shows 05/31/2023. Shouldnt expiry date be 5/31/24 given I earned 490 THIS year? Or is it just BA being slow?
Old Jul 8, 22, 8:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rjburns View Post
Ive earned 490 TPs for my current collection year ( ends April 8, 2023) yet my card expiry date still shows 05/31/2023. Shouldnt expiry date be 5/31/24 given I earned 490 THIS year? Or is it just BA being slow?
It won't update until the end of your year. But you should see "silver retained" or something to that extent.
Old Jul 8, 22, 10:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by rjburns View Post
nothing will happen until sometime after dec 31 when they will check who made the reduced threshold

Do not worry about it

I do not think you will see 'silver maintained' either unless you get 600tp but again don't worry about it. It will get resolved in early 2023

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jul 8, 22 at 10:51 pm
Old Jul 9, 22, 12:15 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
**** Accidentally posted twice but can't delete this ****

Last edited by air_boi; Jul 9, 22 at 12:53 am
Old Jul 9, 22, 12:17 am

Programs: BA, Air NZ, Qantas
My tier point collection year ends 8 July. As of yesterday I had a silver card expiry of 31 Aug 22, 505 points and 4 flights completed, so enough to requalify as silver under the reduced points threshold. Overnight, my points and flights reset to 0, my collection year changed to 8 July 23 but my card expiry still says 31 Aug 22. Is there a lag in it updating to 31 Aug 23 or do I need to wait till the date rolls around?

Last edited by air_boi; Jul 9, 22 at 12:27 am
Old Jul 9, 22, 12:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by air_boi View Post
My tier point collection year ends 8 July. As of yesterday I had a card expiry of 31 Aug 22, 505 points and 4 flights completed, so enough to requalify under the reduced points threshold. Overnight, my points and flights reset to 0, my collection year changed to 8 July 23 but my card expiry still days 31 Aug 22. Is there a lag in it updating to 31 Aug 23 or do I need to wait till the date rolls around?
Same for me. I guess it changes after the card expiry date passes.
Old Jul 9, 22, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
This thread has just reminded me - 8 July just passed so Im back to 0. I think GGLs have been fortunate to get a further extension where others havent (am not really clear why) but with all of the cancellations and uncertainty at the moment, 3000 looks a long way away 😟

docsxx likes this.
Old Jul 9, 22, 7:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
This thread has just reminded me - 8 July just passed so Im back to 0. I think GGLs have been fortunate to get a further extension where others havent (am not really clear why) but with all of the cancellations and uncertainty at the moment, 3000 looks a long way away 😟
This may not be overly helpful but is it not 2,250 if achieved before the end of this calendar year?
Old Jul 9, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
This may not be overly helpful but is it not 2,250 if achieved before the end of this calendar year?
Yes the reduced threshold is still in place until the end of the year, but the full total will start showing at the beginning of the new collection year.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 9, 22, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GFL, GGL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Diamond, Hertz Gold 5*
Originally Posted by golfmad View Post
yes thanks for the reminder - somewhat unlikely though 😀😂
golfmad likes this.
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
My wife’s Gold year end is 8th October and she currently has 360 TPs. She (we actually) has had her last three bookings cancelled by BA. My gut feeling is that BA will probably extend the members with year ends this year anyway but if they don’t do that, can she ask them to take her cancelled flights into consideration?

My year end is March and I’m also really struggling. I was hoping to get the reduced threshold by the end of this year but that’s looking highly unlikely given my last three flights have all been cancelled.
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:51 am

Programs: BAGGL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I'm finding it quite easy to travel enough now to retain (I have a March year end, and am a good long way towards the reduced 2250tp by December) now the restrictions are mostly gone. Prices are high particularly in shorthaul, but I am still finding value when you keep an eye on things and are flexible.
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Any news about a potential extension for GGLs with a year end after March 2022? TO be fair, they should treat all GGLs in the same way.
Old Jul 9, 22, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by 81romeo View Post
Any news about a potential extension for GGLs with a year end after March 2022? TO be fair, they should treat all GGLs in the same way.
I think this thread is the ultimate proof that there is no fair way of treating BAEC members and extensions - and really no definition of what is fair, even if BA were aiming for fairness.
81romeo likes this.

Search this Thread