Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
I agree with the above. I do think 2022 Q4 memberships will be extended though, just a feeling given the ongoing cancellations.

@ISTFlyer.. also largely agree (and always appreciate reading your thoughtful posts). The only thing I would point out is that London based GGLs with GfL dropping to Gold next year doesn’t necessarily mean we are a captive for BA because we would be able to choose who to fly to the US with depending on value rather than loyalty. Whereas if trying to maintain GGL status there is a tendency to opt for “loyalty” over value (within reason of course).
i thought q4 2022 ggls have already been extended. Golds have not. I do not see that change
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes I think GGLs with year ends up to and including December have been extended now.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Referring to Gold. My wife is Gold with October year end and I suspect Golds will be extended in Q4. Not a request… just my gut feeling that will happen,rightly or wrongly.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:02 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes I think GGLs with year ends up to and including December have been extended now.
​​​​​

Yes that’s correct. I’m a July GGL year end and was extended in April until August 2023.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
ISTFlyer makes very valid points. He says that most GGL are UK London based. But some of us are not. Those GGL based in the US have been flying non-stop for many months now and will have no problem to meet the thresholds, but those in the European continent, we continue suffering disruptions and reduced connections with LHR. As GGL, it is obvious to me that I will not make the reduced threshold by the end of this year and there is no chance of making the 3000 next year either. My company is still believing that Zoom will save us all and my centre of interest for work and pleasure, in East Asia, is still closed because of covid restrictions. Long story short, I am already now kissing goodbye to my GGL and preparing myself to being a Silver member again as of May 2023. I am not too far from GfL so I may still cling to BA to get it but it is obvious to me that, in the future, when I can fly, I will do it without the hassle of connecting at LHT T5 if I can. No hard feelings, it was great while it lasted
lsquare, RockyRobin and ISTFlyer like this.

Last edited by docsxx; Jul 10, 2022 at 7:16 am
Old Jul 10, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have a December year end and my GGL has been extended to Jan 24 and I have received the GGL card to that effect.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Referring to Gold. My wife is Gold with October year end and I suspect Golds will be extended in Q4.
Fine for Q4 GGLs who already have another year, but given today's request by LHR not to sell any more tickets, and not to rebook anyone whose flight is cancelled (I mean, WTAF?!), there are going to be a lot of downgrades and grumpy status holders if October Golds aren't extended... I for one will renew Gold only if all my long-planned summer flights actually *happen*, and who knows right now?!
oxtailsoup likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by kt74
Fine for Q4 GGLs who already have another year, but given today's request by LHR not to sell any more tickets, and not to rebook anyone whose flight is cancelled (I mean, WTAF?!), there are going to be a lot of downgrades and grumpy status holders if October Golds aren't extended... I for one will renew Gold only if all my long-planned summer flights actually *happen*, and who knows right now?!
I do think the summer schedule disruption has increased the chances of a Q4 Gold extension - or an extension to the 25% reduction - or both.

However, this comes from a low starting point, so I still wouldn't hold out too much hope on it.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 10:19 am

Makes me glad I got my flying done in May....
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:24 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I still think the big concern for BA with extending further is lounge capacity at T5. There's a reason the CCR card was removed and all GGLs given access to the CCR - as it eased the burden on GF a little.

Extensions for Q4 Golds was not offered - though it was given to GGLs. This all sounds like a capacity concern to me.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I still think the big concern for BA with extending further is lounge capacity at T5. There's a reason the CCR card was removed and all GGLs given access to the CCR - as it eased the burden on GF a little.

Extensions for Q4 Golds was not offered - though it was given to GGLs. This all sounds like a capacity concern to me.
/ they also reduced F cabins and got rid of the 747's so needed people to actually be in the CCR to keep it going

/ they needed to incentivise customers and keep them loyal
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
/ they also reduced F cabins and got rid of the 747's so needed people to actually be in the CCR to keep it going

/ they needed to incentivise customers and keep them loyal
Doesn't change the fact it reduced pressure on GF - which when coupled with the fact only GGLs got a Q4 extension and not Gold, still suggests capacity is a concern to me.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Doesn't change the fact it reduced pressure on GF - which when coupled with the fact only GGLs got a Q4 extension and not Gold, still suggests capacity is a concern to me.
It maybe a factor, but Im guessing not the only one
Old Jul 19, 2022, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
It maybe a factor, but Im guessing not the only one
Oh of course not. There will be a myriad of factors. I'm just pointing out that lounge capacity could explain the reluctance to further extend silvers at all, Golds no further than Sept, and yet GGLs through EOY.
Old Jul 19, 2022, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Here's a way more likely explanation that is consistent with all facts in evidence at this time. BA's current behavior is consistent with a multiheaded snake, an amoeba, Brownian Motion, Entropy, or any other similar analogy you can come up with. Their actions on everything from meal service on long haul flights, constant flight cancelations, rebooking, then canceling of the rebooked flight, treatment of upper level frequent flyers, you have it, everything you are observing is nearly entirely random. Assuming that there is some higher purpose, that someone is steering this rudderless ship, is an exercise in fantasy.

Mr. Cruz is starting look better by the day.

The people in charge now are making decisions on the fly. They don't know what they are doing, they are overwhelmed by circumstances and they are flailing in the wind.

Any other hypothesis would require evidence that one is dealing with sentient beings, and I'm having trouble coming up with any evidence of that.
crazy8534 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.