Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2022, 1:09 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by KARFA
Your FTV email should be with you within the hour after you submit the form.

For a part flown booking it will be an offline FTV, and it won't show any value on the email. You will have to call to use it, and it will be sent off to calculate the value and whether there is any extra you have to pay in addition for the new booking.
Thanks KARFA

The email came in very late last night. Looks like it’ll be a day on Skype. Many thanks
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:14 pm

Quick one folks; I was due to be flying on Thursday but can't go now; been trying to call to cancel the flight (It was an Avios redemption) am I easier just submitting a request for a voucher?
Just concerned that if it takes a few days that I just look like a "no-show" and lose it all?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:33 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by chrism_scotland
Quick one folks; I was due to be flying on Thursday but can't go now; been trying to call to cancel the flight (It was an Avios redemption) am I easier just submitting a request for a voucher?
Just concerned that if it takes a few days that I just look like a "no-show" and lose it all?
Vouchers are almost instant, and for Avios redemption they are now straight refunds so actually it's better for you. Also, you could do it up to the end of check-in which is an hour before the flight so don't worry 😊
Old Mar 7, 2022, 1:57 pm

Thanks; filled the form in and I've had an email already; although I seem to have got 2x codes for a "Future Travel Voucher" and no indication of what the value or anything is......
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes for a reward booking you will get an offline FTV and the email doesn't show the value - but it will be for the avios and cash you paid.

I assume this was a booking for two people? The FTV number is the original ticket number, and if there were two people you would have two ticket numbers.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes for a reward booking you will get an offline FTV and the email doesn't show the value - but it will be for the avios and cash you paid.

I assume this was a booking for two people? The FTV number is the original ticket number, and if there were two people you would have two ticket numbers.
Yes there were two of us; it was an Avios booking using a Amex 2 for 1 Voucher - so basically if my booking was £180 and 44,000 Avios then these codes will cover that? What happens to the Companion Voucher?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Hi, looking for a bit of advice.

I booked a BA Holiday from Madrid to JNB which was a great price last year, but now need to cancel it.

I requested a voucher on BA but have been unsuccessful - anyone know the route I have to follow?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by chrism_scotland
Yes there were two of us; it was an Avios booking using a Amex 2 for 1 Voucher - so basically if my booking was £180 and 44,000 Avios then these codes will cover that? What happens to the Companion Voucher?
yes the 241 will be on the FTV.

BA have changed it recently and said if you apply for a FTV for reward bookings everything will be refunded now, but it seems FTVs are still being issued sometimes like for yours. It may be you get something from BA at some point saying they will refund it all anyway.
chrism_scotland likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by Temps
Hi, looking for a bit of advice.

I booked a BA Holiday from Madrid to JNB which was a great price last year, but now need to cancel it.

I requested a voucher on BA but have been unsuccessful - anyone know the route I have to follow?

Thanks in advance.
when is your trip booked for?

when you say unsuccessful do you mean you submitted the FTV form and you got an email saying you can't have one? does the email give any indication why?
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
Thanks for replying Karfa, the trip is booked for 14th April, I submitted the FTV form last night and got a response this morning saying my request was unsuccessful as I did not meet the eligibility criteria, and some (two) frequent reasons for rejection - i.e. not a BA holiday and entering an invalid booking reference.

Think i should try again?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Hi all, has there been a pattern of BA extending the window each month over the past few months or was the extension to 30 September 2022 a one-off? I'm trying to figure out when it might be announced that they are extending the window to 31 October 2022 and so is there a specific date in the month when they might confirm another extension?

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by alex67500
Vouchers are almost instant, and for Avios redemption they are now straight refunds so actually it's better for you. Also, you could do it up to the end of check-in which is an hour before the flight so don't worry 😊
Is the bit about cancelling within 24 hrs of departure currently being allowed for Avios bookings, correct?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is it still possible to get a FTV for just one person on a multi-people booking? From memory you had to phone and they could split the booking into two PRNs, then claim a FTV for the new solo PRN? Does that still work?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 10:48 am

Yes it should do as long as your booking is within scope - so booking completed by end of Sept 2022.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush. And Nouveau Bronze
Can I check that I have this right?

Two passengers on a single cash booking - one tests positive and can't travel. The positive passenger can get a FTV and the negative passenger can still travel. Correct?

Two passengers on a single avios booking using an Amex 241 voucher - one tests positive and can't travel. They can cancel the booking, get back their cash (less a small charge) and their Avios and get an slightly extended 241 back voucher as well. Correct?

But in the second case, can the negative passenger still travel, with the positive traveller getting back half the total avios and half the total cash, and (presumably) the 241 voucher being forfeited? Or do the conventional rules about both passengers having to travel on a 241 booking cut across this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.