Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by flashware
I'm guessing they're trying to use the AMEX travel credit offer.
Correct. Plus the Amex website brings up better multi-city options than BA.

Any voucher for cancellation having to be used through the booking travel agent sounds messy though! Can this not be passed to the customer to use like any BA FTV through the website?
If it has to be used by the agent this could be a pain as I guess you would have to call them each time to use.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by justin1123
Correct. Plus the Amex website brings up better multi-city options than BA.

Any voucher for cancellation having to be used through the booking travel agent sounds messy though! Can this not be passed to the customer to use like any BA FTV through the website?
If it has to be used by the agent this could be a pain as I guess you would have to call them each time to use.
in terms of multi city options you may not be able to price it on ba.com but you can always call to book.

i am afraid you are stuck with the TA and you won't have full control of the FTV as you would do with a direct BA booking.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Might be worth seeing the responses here: FTV on ticket booked with AMEX Travel
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:39 am

With an FTV you still need to call BA anyway (when booking direct), so still has the need for a phone call...
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:34 am

A friend of mine made a booking for me using Avios from his account.
What happens if I cancel, will I get a FTV in my name or in his name?
If it's in my name and I want to make a booking that requires additional Avios, can they be taken from my account?
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just as another data point, I had a voucher issued via AMEX, which I used last month to book a flight slightly cheaper than the value it held. Amex were a bit confused about what to do, but I eventually got a BA e-voucher for the excess.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:17 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
I have an upcoming LHR - VIE booking that I also paid for the online upgrade to CE.

When I cancel through the form will I be sent 1 voucher that covers the cost of original fare + POUG price that I paid, or will it be 2 vouchers, 1 for the original fare and 1 for the POUG?
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
My partner is trying to cancel flights to VIE that were for his kids. Is there any way that the voucher can be issued back to him, rather than them, as he's the one who paid for them? I know this has been a topic of conversation many times, hard to search on my phone, so a pointer would be great!
Old Nov 24, 2021, 3:25 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
I have an upcoming LHR - VIE booking that I also paid for the online upgrade to CE.

When I cancel through the form will I be sent 1 voucher that covers the cost of original fare + POUG price that I paid, or will it be 2 vouchers, 1 for the original fare and 1 for the POUG?
1 voucher, combined value
Old Nov 27, 2021, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Any experience on this appreciated - I have a return flight booking which I'm thinking of using a GUF on. If I fly the outbound and then end up cancelling for a voucher for the inbound, what happens to the "half a GUF" I have remaining? Am I able to apply it to another leg of a flight when I use the voucher? Or do I lose it?
Old Nov 27, 2021, 3:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
My partner is trying to cancel flights to VIE that were for his kids. Is there any way that the voucher can be issued back to him, rather than them, as he's the one who paid for them? I know this has been a topic of conversation many times, hard to search on my phone, so a pointer would be great!
If it was a cash booking originally, nothing unusual such as BAH or vouchers or travel agency booked, then the voucher will go to the travellers, but as an e-Voucher. Which can be used by anyone with the correct information to unlock the value. If there are complexities, then you would get an FTV, which is personal to the original travellers.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:12 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Im due to fly to New York on 9 December. If the US close their borders again to UK/European travellers before then, I assume I will be entitled to a full refund? Or will it be just a voucher of my flights are not cancelled?
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mrdisco
Im due to fly to New York on 9 December. If the US close their borders again to UK/European travellers before then, I assume I will be entitled to a full refund? Or will it be just a voucher of my flights are not cancelled?
If any of your flights are cancelled then yes you can get a full refund. Otherwise you will only be able to get a future travel voucher.
mrdisco likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2021, 2:20 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
If any of your flights are cancelled then yes you can get a full refund. Otherwise you will only be able to get a future travel voucher.
Cheers, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that and I get to go!
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it was a cash booking originally, nothing unusual such as BAH or vouchers or travel agency booked, then the voucher will go to the travellers, but as an e-Voucher. Which can be used by anyone with the correct information to unlock the value. If there are complexities, then you would get an FTV, which is personal to the original travellers.
Thanks. It sounds like he got something sorted - says he doesn't think he got all the money back but was too grumpy to go through the emails to check. Normal and Gold customer service lines were just fubar'd following the Austrian lock down announcement and he even resorted to getting himself a twitter account in the hope of reaching someone before the departure date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.