Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ThatT1Feeling
Book with confidence policy: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Form for requesting an e-voucher: https://www.britishairways.com/trave...1&wfpId=covidn

Don't forget to take a screenshot before submission and another after acceptance. A suggested method is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32187702

The text of the Book with confidence policy as at 2145Z on Sun 15 March is in this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32180050

IMPORTANT NOTE - the current understanding is that vouchers must be used to book, and travel must start, before the 12-month expiry date but travel may be completed after that date. See this post: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post32189408

Headline summary:-
  1. Flights booked at any time for travel 14 March to 31 May from now and 13 October 2020 for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2022 can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking to be used for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023. . Existing bookings made before 3 March are also covered until 30 October 2020,
  2. Holidays booked at any time for travel up to 31 May 13 October sine die can be date-changed, or converted into a voucher for use in a future booking.
  3. Holidays:
    1. If booking after 16 December 2021 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of 28 days before departure date. ( https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/british-airways-holidays#howtochangeyourbooking )
    2. If booking after 11 June 2020 date changes must be made, or vouchers requested a minimum of three weeks before the original departure date.
    3. If you booked a package between 3 March and 11 June 2020 for travel up to 31 December 2020 48 hours’ notice applies and if travelling between 1 January and 30 August 2021 three weeks’ notice applies.
  4. Flight and holiday bookings made after 3 March can be converted into a voucher for use in a future booking for journeys to be completed by 30 September 2023.
  5. Flight and holiday bookings made for completion before 30 September 2022 have no change fee for changes of travel dates. New bookings for flights which do not complete by that date now attract change fees (unless fully flexible)
  6. Flight and holiday bookings to USA now being offered refund (0900 Sun 15 March) - see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32187403-post192.html
  7. You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price.
Print Wikipost

Book with confidence policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Again this depends a lot on specific ticketing details. But as a general rule, if the rebooking works out cheaper on the replacement sector you get nothing back. If it works out more expensive you are liable for the fare difference on a historic basis (usually) but there isn't a change fee. You can't have a voucher after you have started the first flight on the booking, though some people have said they have got this. If BA cancel the service then you can have an Involuntary Refund, which is calculated (broadly speaking) by ticketing construct, with taxes levied against actual flown flights, usually it's better value to rebook rather than take an Involuntary Refund, but that's a very general point which won't always apply.
Thanks, C-W-S. As always appreciate the detailed response!
Old Oct 9, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just received my first BA Holiday FTV and it doesn't have the normal format as a flight only FTV does - just an email saying I can reduce the balance of a future holiday with this FTV with no 125-xxx number to quote.

Am I right in thinking I can still use this against a flight only booking if I phone up and quote the PNR?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by barneyb
Just received my first BA Holiday FTV and it doesn't have the normal format as a flight only FTV does - just an email saying I can reduce the balance of a future holiday with this FTV with no 125-xxx number to quote.

Am I right in thinking I can still use this against a flight only booking if I phone up and quote the PNR?
Correct. The FTV is different for BAH but it can be used on flight only bookings, but not redemptions. It's easier to use a BAH booking on BAH, since you just book a deposit online for the new holiday, email in the FTV details and they knock the FTV value off the balance outstanding.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by barneyb

Used mine on an avios booking. Just returned the email and quoted new booking ref and a few days later the £300 was back in my cc account.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:29 am

Maybe I am misreading things but looking at the book with confidence T&Cs on the BA website It suggests that to cancel and get a FTV “
  • You booked from 3 March 2020 onwards for travel due to be completed by 31 August 2021”

I can see no reference on the BA website to the booking deadline on 13 October mentioned in this thread. Has this deadline been removed?
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Correct. The FTV is different for BAH but it can be used on flight only bookings, but not redemptions. It's easier to use a BAH booking on BAH, since you just book a deposit online for the new holiday, email in the FTV details and they knock the FTV value off the balance outstanding.
I booked a flight only booking with cash then replied to the BAH voucher email and they just gave me a cash refund of the voucher as they ‘applied’ it to the booking which was already paid in full.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:58 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by BGI Runner
Maybe I am misreading things but looking at the book with confidence T&Cs on the BA website It suggests that to cancel and get a FTV “
  • You booked from 3 March 2020 onwards for travel due to be completed by 31 August 2021”

I can see no reference on the BA website to the booking deadline on 13 October mentioned in this thread. Has this deadline been removed?
Correct! Great spot! All references to a booking date have been removed from the policy.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BGI Runner
Originally Posted by tom139
Correct! Great spot! All references to a booking date have been removed from the policy.

Yes, well spotted. The BWC policy was changed today at 13:45 hrs, amending a previous version dated 2 Ocotber, here is the before and after:

BEFORE
Originally Posted by BWC on 2 October 2020
Changing your booking
You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price (applies to bookings made from 3 March until 13 October 2020 for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021). Change booking Terms and Conditions

NOW
Originally Posted by BWC on 9 October 2020
Changing your booking
You can change the dates and destination of your booking without incurring a change fee, although you will need to pay any difference in price (applies to bookings made from 3 March 2020 onwards for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021). Change booking Terms and Conditions

PREVIOUS terms and conditions

Originally Posted by BWC Terms and Conditions on 2 October 2020
  • This offer only applies for new bookings made from Tuesday 3 March 2020 to 13 October 2020
  • Applies for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021
  • Booked direct via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets
  • Excluding franchise airline Sun-Air
  • Bookings made on BA tickets only
  • Date changes must be made, or vouchers requested before check-in closes
  • Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking must be paid for
  • Once the voucher request has been submitted, the voucher will be non-refundable and can only be used for future bookings
  • The voucher provided can be used towards a new British Airways Holiday or British Airways flight only
  • Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future booking. The new trip booked using a voucher must be fully completed by 30 April 2022 (departure and return)

Current terms and conditions

Originally Posted by BWC Terms and Conditions
  • This offer only applies for new bookings made from Tuesday 3 March 2020 onwards
  • Applies for journeys that are due to have been completed by 31 August 2021
  • Booked direct via our contact centres, ba.com or trade outlets
  • Excluding franchise airline Sun-Air
  • Bookings made on BA tickets only
  • Date changes must be made, or vouchers requested before check-in closes
  • Any fare difference between existing booking and new booking must be paid for
  • Once the voucher request has been submitted, the voucher will be non-refundable and can only be used for future bookings
  • The voucher provided can be used towards a new British Airways Holiday or British Airways flight only
  • Voucher can be used as payment, or part payment, for a future booking. The new trip booked using a voucher must be fully completed by 30 April 2022 (departure and return)
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Waiting for this to change and hopefully I’ll fall in to it.

Booked a BA Holiday flight/hotel booking in January for Punta Cana for just before Christmas.

Balance is due 14th November.

I can’t see BA flying there and wife is not that keen on the idea of travelling at the moment but think BA have got me between a rock and a hard place in regards to having to pay the balance to get my £400 deposit back as don’t think there’ll be action to include my travel dates before the payment cut off.

The hotel we’re booked for is also confirmed not opening until after our dates so there’s that to fall back on but looking at t&c BA can move us to an equivalent.

A case of who blinks first.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 12:43 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by davm666

Booked a BA Holiday flight/hotel booking in January for Punta Cana for just before Christmas.

I can’t see BA flying there and wife is not that keen on the idea of travelling at the moment but think BA have got me between a rock and a hard place in regards to having to pay the balance to get my £400 deposit back as don’t think there’ll be action to include my travel dates before the payment cut off.

The hotel we’re booked for is also confirmed not opening until after our dates so there’s that to fall back on but looking at t&c BA can move us to an equivalent.

Just call BAH and I bet they let you cancel there and then returning your deposit.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:00 am

The balance may now be due on a later date than 14 Novermber, it's usually 3 weeks before departure now. So I think you can leave the decision to the end of November at least. Things change so rapidly thanks to the pandemic that it's impossible to say where we will be by then.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Silver

I had a similar situation. BA Holiday booked, then discovered the hotel had closed, not opening until at least March 2021. Contacted BAH, they were unaware hotel was closed, took a few minutes to confirm this, then gave me a few options, voucher, change hotel or refund. Took the refund, no hassle. I'd say give them a call and say you've seen the hotel is closed and you'd like a refund.
davm666 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 12:26 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Interesting change to the policy. I had a survey, this week I think, asking if flexibility was important when making a booking, my answer was obviously that it was paramount, so I'm guessing I wasn't the only person answering that.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by alex67500
Interesting change to the policy. I had a survey, this week I think, asking if flexibility was important when making a booking, my answer was obviously that it was paramount, so I'm guessing I wasn't the only person answering that.
Be careful... ‘flexibility’ doesn’t always equate with BWC as it stands today. Surveys claiming ‘passengers tell us they want flexibility’ can equally be used to mean ‘... and they’re happy to pay for it’.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 4:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Confus
Be careful... ‘flexibility’ doesn’t always equate with BWC as it stands today. Surveys claiming ‘passengers tell us they want flexibility’ can equally be used to mean ‘... and they’re happy to pay for it’.
I was pretty clear in my open answers that the vouchers were a must but you're correct, I'll be careful when I book anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.