Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
NOTE, this wiki may have some broken links, so please bear with us for a week or do until we get round to the less than glamorous task of checking them all.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of
- bar snacks, details found in post 7 or you can click here
- teas list, details found in post 68 or you can click here
- drinks list, details found in post 69 or you can click here
- cocktails list, details in this separate thread click here

There are also photo guides (updated with October menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that's still the November menu. Sometimes the change does happen a day or two in to the new month.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 5:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Due to the pressures on non passenger security, normally new menus are not introduced on a Monday or at weekends.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Menu for December - new main courses are ox cheek bourguignon (sans mushrooms and pearl onions, but very good) and spinach and winter salad.

Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold

Ox cheek bourguignon

Spinach and winter salad
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Good grief, one of the most uninspiring menus ever and what’s that about replacing one apple blackberry dessert by another? Pretty sad.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
On Black Friday, the soup of the day was Thai Black Lentil Soup, being appropriate for the day, and in particular for me, as I was a bit cold and also fond of the Thai cuisine. The soup was really delicious, and I hope to see it on the menu again.

Browsing through this month's menu, I became a little sceptical of the new starter item "Chapel and Swan Smoked Salmon..." Even though I cant recall ever eating anything being smoked in a chapel, but swan smoking of fish (or anything else for that matter) - is it even allowed? I thought swans were a protected species?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Browsing through this month's menu, I became a little sceptical of the new starter item "Chapel and Swan Smoked Salmon..." Even though I cant recall ever eating anything being smoked in a chapel, but swan smoking of fish (or anything else for that matter) - is it even allowed? I thought swans were a protected species?
Maybe everything shouldn't be taken literally (I didn't notice the smiling face at first glance)

Artisan Suffolk curers and smokers of traditional fish and meat specialities.
https://chapelandswan.com/
Old Dec 4, 2019, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
The new winter salad is mediocre, with an oily but tasteless dressing. The new Charlotte was poor. Not a Charlotte at all, more like a summer pudding with salty apples inside instead of berries.

couldnt bring myself to taste the ox cheek which looked rather sad at the table across so stuck to the sea bass which I think is a nice fish dish though I always ask for a lemon wedge to liven it up a bit...

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 6, 2019 at 6:34 am
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:01 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The new winter salad is mediocre, with an oily but tasteless dressing. The new Charlotte was poor. Not a Charlotte at all, more like a summer pudding with salty apples inside instead of berries.

couldnt bring myself to taste the ox cheek which looked rather sad at the table across so stuck to the sea bass which I think is a nice fish.
You made a good decision about the ox cheek. The meat itself was tender enough, but oddly tasteless, and the sauce had almost zero depth of flavour. Bourguignon it was not. Strangely, the anaemic-looking vegetables were probably the best thing on the plate, they were at least cooked properly. Definitely stick to the sea bass on this menu.

Agree with your verdict on the winter salad.

The smoked salmon was ok, but tasted pretty much like supermarket salmon with a fancy name.

Overall a bit disappointing in terms of the new dishes.

Also notice that the lounge menu no longer has any kind of curry on it. Not sure if that is a new thing, I don’t look at it very frequently but my recollection is that there was always some sort of curry.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 4:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Would someone mind posting a photo of the new lounge menu please?
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Would someone mind posting a photo of the new lounge menu please?
Will post later. Tried to include in the above post, but was posting from phone and it kept coming out sideways.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:24 am

December 2019 CCR lounge menu

Lounge menu
Old Dec 6, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Glad to see kippers were available for breakfast yesterday

Old Dec 6, 2019, 7:26 am

December 2019 menu - smoked salmon
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket
Maybe everything shouldn't be taken literally (I didn't notice the smiling face at first glance)

Artisan Suffolk curers and smokers of traditional fish and meat specialities.
https://chapelandswan.com/
And absolutely delicious - highly recommend for a light snack

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.