Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
NOTE, this wiki may have some broken links, so please bear with us for a week or do until we get round to the less than glamorous task of checking them all.

This thread gives the current catering options for the LHR T5 Concorde Room (all day) and First Dining Room within the LHR T3 Galleries First lounge (after 18:30). Eligible passengers include BA First ticket holders, Premier and Concorde Room cardholders. The catering in both lounges is supplied by BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. In addition, there are a selection of
- bar snacks, details found in post 7 or you can click here
- teas list, details found in post 68 or you can click here
- drinks list, details found in post 69 or you can click here
- cocktails list, details in this separate thread click here

There are also photo guides (updated with October menus) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Please see this thread which is now dedicated to food and drink at all none LHR Concorde Rooms and Bars
Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB - food and drink - 2017 thread

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR menus in post #14 of that thread which covers September 2015 to date.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014-2018 threads)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:47 pm

Apparently they switched over on the 30th. It is an odd menu- pumpkin? mackerel?

The crayfish were so tiny they looked like nothing. I suggest they go to pret a manger and have a look at what a proper crayfish salad should be.
I noted a few people just saying no to a main or ordering 2 starters.

Photo 1 is as served
Photo 2 is a close up of the crayfish- don't get over excited.

pjh981 and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I have a few photos of the new dishes. Just missing the tomatoes & mozzarella, pan fried mackerel, and from the lounge menu the warm panini. If anyone can post photos I would be very grateful.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
glad the ducks still there - its pretty tasty - i really like it - its seems to have been there a while now. If the mackerel is like before its too oily for us.

The menu does seem a bit odd as mentioned above and those crayfish! Need to order 10 of them.

We are there next week and if any remaining pics needed, I have just made a note to myself to take and post.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The Pumpkin Tortellini from Flounge. It was quite nice & will have it again.

Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
glad the ducks still there - its pretty tasty - i really like it - its seems to have been there a while now. If the mackerel is like before its too oily for us...
The duck was not available on Sunday, it was replaced by loin of pork.

I’m not a fan of mackerel, my wife said she wouldn’t order it again. This month’s menu is not really to my taste, there is very little on it that I would choose. Soup and Thai Curry it was for me.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA executive club
glad the ducks still there - its pretty tasty - i really like it - its seems to have been there a while now. If the mackerel is like before its too oily for us.
Indeed, the duck is OK, I didn't like the crayfish salad. On a different note, I did see a lot of new staff last week. Some regular staff gone?
Old Sep 10, 2019, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
glad the ducks still there - its pretty tasty - i really like it - its seems to have been there a while now.
It's just staying two months like every other dish on the menu bar the "lounge menu" classics, the cheese plate, fruit salad/ice cream, side salad, and all breakfast items all of which never change (except the specific cheeses about twice a year).

I suspect the confusion is that there was another confit duck dish earlier this year (very similar) but it is actually becoming the norm for many popular dishes (ribeye, scallop starter, etc).

To summarise the concept, the menu rotations are as follows (A= changes on odd months, ie January, March, May, July, September, November, B= changes on even months, ie February, April, June, August, October, December):

STARTERS:

Soup of the day: changes regularly (though not necessarily daily!)
Starter 1 (warm or cold): B
Starter 2 (always cold): A
Garden salad (never changes)

MAIN COURSES:

Meat dish: B
Fish dish: A
Vegetarian dish: A
Main course salad: B

DESSERTS:

First dessert: B
Second dessert: A
Fruit salad: Never changes
Ice cream: Never changes
Cheese plate: Always there but contents updated about twice a year

LOUNGE MENU:

BA burger: Never changes
Club sandwich: Never changes
Third sandwich: A
Main course salad: Same as main menu (B)
Vegetarian dish: Same as main meu (A)
Curry: B
Garden salad: Never changes

BREAKFAST MENU:

Nothing every changes (some people like that it doesn't and some of us really don't but that's another story! )
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Please could someone let me know what time breakfast is served until. Just trying to work out whether to eat before or after my massage and prefer breakfast and to eat lunch onboard.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Breakfast is served until noon.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Breakfast is served until noon.
Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
I have a few photos of the new dishes. Just missing the tomatoes & mozzarella, pan fried mackerel, and from the lounge menu the warm panini. If anyone can post photos I would be very grateful.
Anyone able to help? I am still missing photos of these. I seem to be mostly in during the morning atm so can’t take any myself.

EDIT: also new cutlery!

Last edited by KARFA; Sep 15, 2019 at 12:56 am
Old Sep 15, 2019, 12:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Anyone able to help? I am still missing photos of these. I seem to be mostly in during the morning atm so can’t take any myself.

EDIT: also new cutlery!
Yes, it's very shiny! You missed on detail however:

Here is the panini:

Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, it's very shiny! You missed on detail however:
I did notice the detail on the the other side and thought of taking a second photo, but I thought posting only one photo of cutlery was probably best in order not to give away my cutlery fetish
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
...EDIT: also new cutlery!
I suppose we should mention, for those unfamiliar with it, that the cutlery is the same as that found on board in First.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GfL
Concorde Room afternoon tea buffet

Hi Everyone,

Just arrived in the CCR to find a lovely afternoon tea buffet set up on the terrace.

The manager and some staff were hovering and taking pictures and seemed quite excited about it. He told me it was one set up this week and took him 4 months to get organised.

He also said that they will take away the loungers on the terrace and add more tables. He feels it is the nicest space in the terminal, which I agreed. I put in a request that they really need to sort out the socket situation. He did say that they have mobile chargers for phones.

I don't drink, but I just checked and there is Grand Siecle there that you can help yourself to.

Last edited by MrALIG; Sep 18, 2019 at 8:52 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.