Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know what CW offering we will get in March ‘18 LGW to LIM ?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Just boarded BA239 to BOS - new CW wash kits but old pillow & blanket.
makin'miles and mikeyfly like this.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Bedding starts on the 8th.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Yetak
Does anyone know what CW offering we will get in March ‘18 LGW to LIM ?
I would put £100 on it being as-is
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Bedding only.
Newark 5th December
Boston 8th December
Pleeeeeeeaaaaase, BA, lets have the longer sectors, like JNB, SIN, LAX, next!
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Bedding starts on the 8th.
Looking forward to seeing how the MF service to BOS compares to the WW upper-deck to JFK.

Doing it on 16th, albeit on the 215

M
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Looking forward to seeing how the MF service to BOS compares to the WW upper-deck to JFK.

M
it won’t be the new service standards - just bedding pack and wash bag
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
for what it's worth, a few pics from my recent LHR - JFK.

good flight overall, helped by the seat next to me on the UD being empty as well as the row behind so no climbing (my usual favourite seats were all taken). was a bit 'miffed' when one of the crew asked if I could swap for an empty aisle seat as two seats of a pair travelling together were broken and he wanted to move them. As bad as I felt for a few mins, I told him I didnt want to swap my window for an aisle seat as I am not a fan of aisle seats. not miffed for asking but the way he asked and went about it. no addressing by name from either crew though one was lovely - the other a bit more sour.

Anyway, service was slow. And crew acknowledged that when i chatted to them. love the new glasses and the mini bread basket etc. the bedding was fine / nice - not sure what the small pillow is meant to achieve and the 'mattress' is way too short / a bit pointless (and the crew member thought so too). So Uncle T, you aren't missing out on that much - pillow is nice, yes, blanket probably more in line with AA's but I don't think not having them will make a material difference to your sleep.

as a non-drinker (and yes, I know I am in the tiny minority with CWS here on this one), I found the menu to be a bit 'booze heavy', i.e. 3 full pages on drinks, a much smaller page on lunch and an even smaller on afternoon tea. at first glance, took a while to find where the food was so felt like a booze list rather than a lunch menu (but I acknowledge that many will find that appropriate / attractive).

the beef carpaccio

took a while to find the beef in the dish but it was there - must not quite as expected.

Last edited by chris1979; Dec 3, 2017 at 4:19 am
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
forgot this one. as said, love the glasses.

Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Virazuno
Pleeeeeeeaaaaase, BA, lets have the longer sectors, like JNB, SIN, LAX, next!
Good things come to those who wait !

Be patient, my child. Be VERY patient ........
choosethedrew likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:52 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
it won’t be the new service standards - just bedding pack and wash bag
Ah fair enough - thanks for clarifying.

And to chris1979 - I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble finding the beef cheek within the parcels! Is this beef? Nope, aubergine. How about this? Nope, onion. Third time lucky...

M
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:07 am

And to chris1979 - I'm glad I'm not the only one who had trouble finding the beef cheek within the parcels! Is this beef? Nope, aubergine. How about this? Nope, onion. Third time lucky...

M
hehe. yes. I was expecting braised beef as I had it to AUH recently with some aubergine on the side. in fact, I wondered at first whether they had accidentally given me the veggie meal but I did find beef chunks in that wrapped aubergine parcel - but the main taste was aubergine so i'd call it aubergine wrap with some beef rather than beef with aubergine. was tasty though.....
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

M
I think that MF are only operating the 239/238 and that WW crew operate the other two daily frequency’s.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:21 am

chris1979 - thanks for sharing. Agree glasses look significantly better and add to the premium feel. I've not tried the mattress but why does it matter if it's a bit short? Surely it's more for your body/back/bum area than your feet?
Padmeister likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by subject2load
Good things come to those who wait !

Be patient, my child. Be VERY patient ........
'wait' being the critical word for this new service
(now undoubtedly the slowest meal service out there)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.