Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 12:08 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I am flying this route on Saturday so will post back.
I wss given three of the plump pillows from Boston
Slept like a baby!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I wss given three of the plump pillows from Boston
Slept like a baby!
Slept like a baby ?

You mean you woke up every couple of hours, bawling & screaming ....needing to be fed ?
HilFly likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load
Slept like a baby ?

You mean you woke up every couple of hours, bawling & screaming ....needing to be fed ?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Ha! Well it was very turbulent
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:31 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Can't wait till trying the pillows ... Maybe better getting a seat on the lower.deck, increases the chance of getting more than one. I'm taking up CWS point and going to contact BA about the rollout. Anyone else who thinks it's a great improvement please do the same
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Pointless to contact them, they will roll out as quick as they feel they can.
I will keep you up to the dates and routes as they are released.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
Can't wait till trying the pillows ... Maybe better getting a seat on the lower.deck, increases the chance of getting more than one. I'm taking up CWS point and going to contact BA about the rollout. Anyone else who thinks it's a great improvement please do the same
Contacting BA won't get you anywhere. BA will rollout when they want and the route they want; they won't be influenced by people calling them up or emailing them.
SpeedbirdLHR likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Pointless to contact them, they will roll out as quick as they feel they can.
I will keep you up to the dates and routes as they are released.
Meh, they should listen to customers as it's a great improvement once they get the timing right in terms of length of service, on a relatively short flight such as JFK. . Anyway be great if you keep us up to date with routes.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
BA is a bureaucratic juggernaut that only listens to those who are controlling bonuses.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:06 pm

Flew this for the first time yesterday out to JFK, very impressed by it all - but especially the pillow and bedding. Slept solidly for a couple of hours, so bodes we’ll for my overnighted home on Thursday
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Wondering how likely it will be that BOS moves to the new CW service by Jan. Have a flight booked and was doing to UuA to F but if new CW service on 747 UD might not bother.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by adfg
Wondering how likely it will be that BOS moves to the new CW service by Jan. Have a flight booked and was doing to UuA to F but if new CW service on 747 UD might not bother.
I cant answer you question at all re rollout, but your point is exactly the 'pickle' that BA may have got themselves into. F cabin, to me, is all about the service (vs CW UD) - but the recent CW I had, I question why would I choose F vs CW UD. And now the new bedding is in place........!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: BA Silver, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
I question why would I choose F vs CW UD. And now the new bedding is in place........!
My feelings exactly.
Hard to justify the F premium over CW given the CW improvements.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by chris87
I may be missing something obvious, but is there no eye mask in the amenity kit?
I flew back from JFK last Thursday night on BA176. Slept the whole flight so no idea on the food (although the reviews on here do suggest it is an improvement). However I got to try the bedding which was a nice improvement; the pillow especially was a lot more comfortable.

As the picture was missing above, I've included two shots of the eye mask that came in the new kit:

Name:  IMG_4108.jpg
Views: 2615
Size:  399.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4109.jpg
Views: 2631
Size:  280.3 KB
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Flew this for the first time yesterday out to JFK, very impressed by it all - but especially the pillow and bedding. Slept solidly for a couple of hours, so bodes we’ll for my overnighted home on Thursday
Flew JFK-LHR on Saturday with the new product. Wasn't sure what difference the 'topper' would make but yes, it seemed to do something - I slept all the way through until the 40 minutes to landing announcement (which seems to have caught the cabin crew unawares).

Re: the earplugs - they are the waxy cylinder sort, but the passenger next to me asked for, and was given, some of the old sort. I use my own earplugs so I don't know what the difference is.

I really liked the lip-balm, fwiw, it comes in a tube and oozes out like vaseline. I had very dry lips and could smear it all over, ratehr than rub over the ineffectual elemis stick. Not sure about the moisturiser.

There is also a nice little perfume-stick which you roll on your wrists to "energise and relax" or somesuch. Nice-smelling but I only noticed because it had leaked a little. I'll probably try using it at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.