Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
I like the look of the new bag; it's nice to have something similar to those blue zipped-bags from a couple of years back. It's a nice improvement over the current product, but those 'shoe bags' are useful when packing!
Flying SEA-LHR-MAD for Christmas, so we'll miss out on the coming enhancements unless pleasantly surprised
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Le Club Accor (Platinum)
I may be missing something obvious, but is there no eye mask in the amenity kit?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
No there is. Not sure what my sister did with it she preferred it to the last one. I’ll try and get a hold of it. The BA First eye mask is my favourite, so will see how this compares.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Anyone experienced the new "plumper" pillow in F yet ???!
I didn't notice anything on Sunday 22nd October in F LHR-JFK.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by A P Yu
The new pillow is really comfy. But it's so big it makes the bed feel shorter now as it takes up valuable real estate.
Some people you just can't please...
golfmad likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 3:21 pm

deleted

Last edited by SvenAge; Oct 25, 2017 at 5:53 pm Reason: deleted
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
i you mean Can I Help You?! He’s the one who decides how!

and yes CIHY mentioned lax was going to be next though ‘very quickly’ might be optimistic.
My sincere apologies for remembering the user ID incorrectly; I meant no offense. And thank you for your feedback. Have a lovely day. J
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Ok I may have given you some false information, sorry.
I found out about the LAX route from an SME (Subject Matter Expert) puke, they told me that they had an LAX with the new service but it turns out that it’s just a trial on the A380.
Thank you kindly for the additional information. And again my apologies for not remembering your user name correctly. In the end, I suppose it won't be the new CW for my trip home LAX-->LHR in December. Would have been a lovely experience, it appears - but nonetheless, I will just be glad to get a break from school, and exams, and clinicals, and rowdy patients...ha, ha!

Thank you again. Have a lovely day. J
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:35 am

Programs: Gold Actually
Shame they have got rid of the Elemis products - far superior to White Company
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Castle25
Shame they have got rid of the Elemis products - far superior to White Company
I know how you feel as I love Elemis to and is highly endorsed by my beauty therapist friends. Then again I do love the White Co home care range and the candles and fragrances are excellent and have them in my house.

Looking at the new kits, the bags look lush but the contents dull with the colours used and there is no facial wipe

It would be interesting to know what will happen to the airport spas as a result of this change onboard.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Anyone experienced the new "plumper" pillow in F yet ???!
I am flying this route on Saturday so will post back.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:38 am

Is there any indication of the wider roll out? I'm flying LHR-MIA-LHR in January and am hoping to test this out.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by victairinternational
Is there any indication of the wider roll out? I'm flying LHR-MIA-LHR in January and am hoping to test this out.
I think Head for Points quoted Summer 2018 as when they hope to have the roll out complete - I don't know how or why it will take that long. I was hoping to have it in time for JNB flights in late December, but that looks decidedly optimistic.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by victairinternational
I don't think that is going to happen, but of course you could send in feedback to BA saying you really like the look of it and would love it to be rolled out faster. If there is a lot of feedback along these lines then this will strengthen the hand of those trying to implement it.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The bedding and new wash bags plus breakfast cards will be rolled out with 3 new routes per month, I haven’t heard which routes or when but hopefully this will start in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.