Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA's media post on yesterday's rollout and PDF, via Speedbird, Trade and media channels:

CLUB WORLD RE-LAUNCH

23 Octobre, 2017

In Club World we are launching a new restaurant style dining experience and will be providing customers with new bedding and amenities from The White Company.

Customers will be able to select their choice of freshly prepared starters and desserts from new display trolleys, which will be served by the crew on to new table settings with elegant crockery and glassware; including cut glass tumblers, stem less wine glass and champagne flutes.

Their main course will be served individually by cabin crew. The carefully curated wine selection will feature white wines and Champagnes presented on top of the trolleys in large, silver wine coolers, while regiments of red wine bottles stand alongside them.

To improve sleep we’re working with The White Company and have introduced new bedding and amenity kits in Club World.
Customers travelling in Club World will be given a super-soft woven blanket with satin trim and a specially developed luxury duvet to improve their quality of sleep, as well as a padded mattress cover giving an extra layer of comfort.

They will also be given a new elegant day cushion which will double up as a fantastic lumber support when working or relaxing on board; plus a luxuriously soft, supremely comfortable large pillow with a bespoke pillowcase. The White Company will also be supplying our new Club World amenity kits.

We will be rolling this out on flights between Heathrow and JFK, New York from October and then on our other routes.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Club World Trade Press.pdf (180.2 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 24, 2017 at 12:47 pm
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And nice nails too! ..
Ooh, you flirt
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The new amenity kit
Attached Images    
Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
the toothpaste looks a good size - thanks for posting ^ as thats the most important thing in there for me. Hope the ear plugs are the squsihy type ones tho - the ones you can squeeze and it magically reforms itself.

The bag itself also a good improvement - looks functional for customers who may wish to reuse them.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:53 pm

CWS - I could have sworn I read on here (maybe by "how may I help you" - that the new CW changes were coming to LAX routes very quickly now, too? However, the media release PDF states again 2018 for rollout for other routes? What are the chances/timelines for getting this up and running on LAX routes?

Thank you. Have a super day. J :-)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by jayisgerman
CWS - I could have sworn I read on here (maybe by "how may I help you" - that the new CW changes were coming to LAX routes very quickly now, too?
i you mean Can I Help You?! He’s the one who decides how!

and yes CIHY mentioned lax was going to be next though ‘very quickly’ might be optimistic.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
I’m aware the new CW service is gradually being rolled out across the network, and unfortunately the chances of my flight to ANU in January having it are extremely slim.
However, with regards to the new bedding - did I read somewhere that it’ll be rolled out across the whole network quicker than the service will? Or will it be the same rate as the new service?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone experienced the new "plumper" pillow in F yet ???!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:25 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by jayisgerman
CWS - I could have sworn I read on here (maybe by "how may I help you" - that the new CW changes were coming to LAX routes very quickly now, too? However, the media release PDF states again 2018 for rollout for other routes? What are the chances/timelines for getting this up and running on LAX routes?

Thank you. Have a super day. J :-)
If I had to guess, which is all it would be, I wouild say perhaps February for LAX, maybe March/April for a few more key routes (ORD, IAD, IAH, YYZ, BOS). In the past they have tried to sweep changes into areas first, so YYZ/BOS/NYC/PHL/WAS in one swoop, but if LAX is next then that clearly isn't happening, plus BWI won't be a priority.

Essentially this is all guess work, so I apart from LAX say Q1 2018, we best assume very little.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
So LGW-TPA early April a long shot ?!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Sad that the amenity kit only contains one moisturiser, by far the most used item for me.
The toothbrush/toothpaste combo and pen look exactly the same.
I am on a night flight JFK- LHR at the end of November so will look forward to giving the new bedding etc a road test.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
So LGW-TPA early April a long shot ?!
I'll stick my neck out and say "no way" in that time frame.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
That amenities bag itself looks similar to a F one I have knocking around. Bag itself the most useful part.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by orbitmic
i you mean Can I Help You?! He’s the one who decides how!

and yes CIHY mentioned lax was going to be next though ‘very quickly’ might be optimistic.
Ok I may have given you some false information, sorry.
I found out about the LAX route from an SME (Subject Matter Expert) puke, they told me that they had an LAX with the new service but it turns out that it’s just a trial on the A380.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
The new pillow is really comfy. But it's so big it makes the bed feel shorter now as it takes up valuable real estate.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.