Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by robiles
Yes it is MIA in Fab 2018 I did fear that as leisure route it would be later in the roll out. Oh well I can live in hope. Not far off another 2-4-1 voucher so will have to work out where to spend that.

I a having my arm twisted to go to Australia on Feb 2019 but obviously 2-4-1 next to useless on that route due to availability so might have to put in a NYC trip sometime.
It usually goes (for most airlines) that they tend to introduce new products, upgrades etc to commercially important or high yield route. So as we can see, JFK came first.

I assume later would be L.A, HKG, BOS, IAD, SFO (not in particular order). I would have included ORD in, but with the currently situation of MF, doubt they will able to get a handful of them properly trained and still the possibility of them going on strike if things don't work out.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Sorry it’s a no and a no.
It was never planned that we make up beds, just wishful thinking by some and currently you don’t get any chocolates with the new CW service.
No chocolates?

I've stuck with BA through a lot of cuts, but this one might be the straw that broke the camel's back.
bafan and PeterNem like this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I hope that they bring back the chocolates, saying that there is a lot more dessert choices and you can have all three of them if they are available.
bafan likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
No chocolates?

I've stuck with BA through a lot of cuts, but this one might be the straw that broke the camel's back.
Surely the huge improvement in CW since the new catering far outweigh the lack of some Chocolates? Or is this a wind up 😁
Old Oct 14, 2017, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We do however come through the cabin at least once after the main meal with a basket of the Club Kitchen chocolates etc.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Surely the huge improvement in CW since the new catering far outweigh the lack of some Chocolates? Or is this a wind up 😁
Old Oct 14, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JALlover
It usually goes (for most airlines) that they tend to introduce new products, upgrades etc to commercially important or high yield route. So as we can see, JFK came first.
I would also guess that JFK being such a high frequency route that it would be easier for BA and crews to get accustomed to providing and delivering the service.

It seems odd that BA are upgrading the CW service in dribs and drabs, bedding, toiletries, catering and seating all at different times. I would have thought a "big bang" would have been better from a marketing point of view? Its going to be a bit hollow to announce an "all new" CW experience on the A350 when the service, bedding, etc have all been around for 18/24 months.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Of course, you’re right.

But coffee and petit-fours or chocolates are a standard of any decent restaurant, which is what I thought the new service was trying to emulate. And it does seem such a petty and unnnecessary enhancement...
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear we are changing to full bottles of spirts in the New Year.

Last edited by Can I help you; Oct 21, 2017 at 10:10 am Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 14, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I here we are changing to full bottles of spirts in the New Year.
I hope that it won't come with a reduction in choice. Full size bottles make a lot more sense on spirits that are chosen by many (gin, whisky, vodka for instance) but it would be nice to have small bottles for those with more boutique tastes (Campari, tequila, maybe rum or pastis, etc)
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Sorry it’s a no and a no.
It was never planned that we make up beds, just wishful thinking by some and currently you don’t get any chocolates with the new CW service.
thanks for replying
Old Oct 14, 2017, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even in First we carry miniatures for the less popular spirts.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
I would also guess that JFK being such a high frequency route that it would be easier for BA and crews to get accustomed to providing and delivering the service.

It seems odd that BA are upgrading the CW service in dribs and drabs, bedding, toiletries, catering and seating all at different times. I would have thought a "big bang" would have been better from a marketing point of view? Its going to be a bit hollow to announce an "all new" CW experience on the A350 when the service, bedding, etc have all been around for 18/24 months.
They did plan to introduce the bedding etc at the same time with the new club service, but due to logistical problem (words from the CSD) they have to push the introduction back until things are ready.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:10 pm

The first route MF will be delivering the new service on is BOS starting Q1 of 2018 (Only the BA239/8 rotation however as the others are operated by WW).
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load
Where matters of bedding are concerned, such fevered anticipation & excitement is normally generated by a desirable individual.

Here on the BAEC Forum ...... it's a new pillow and blanket
Porque no los dos?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.