Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by sueoverend
I would not be happy with this, I have the whole miniature with half of the tonic.
Now that would be a stiff G&T!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:17 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by ENTP
Can we request a full portion? If so, is there a codeword/etiquette
Moar g&t!

Flying LHR-JFK today. I'll see how the new CW catering is. I love DO & CO, so it should be quite an upgrade from what was offered before. Sadly, on the day flight its the old amenity kits. I'll see if they have the bedding.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Some flights have the new amenity kits but no flight have the new bedding.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
we did the new service both ways a week or so ago.

I loved it - a vast improvement. The food was better, the service was great, loved the butternut squash soup actually and smoked salmon.

Couple things that stand out for some tweaking.

the new bedding - I wish they would hurry up and introduce it.
service for sleepy people like me, is a bit slow for the JFK route - never made it to dersert.... the crew menber I was interacting with, did say quite a few people had said the same thing. Its funny sometimes that we are never pleased. I used to think it was too quick!

Overall, a great improvement.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I find that stingy and very disappointing.
Are you honestly surprised? It's pathetic. Not so long ago a request for a G&T on BA invariably ended up with two miniatures and a mixer!

Maybe a thimble of gin and a thimble of tonic is how they serve it in Spain!?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Normally in Spain in my experience G&T will be good quality stuff, served in absolutely ridiculously large glasses. Think fishbowl.
KARFA likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Are you honestly surprised? It's pathetic. Not so long ago a request for a G&T on BA invariably ended up with two miniatures and a mixer!

Maybe a thimble of gin and a thimble of tonic is how they serve it in Spain!?
You do realise you can press your call bell as you're nearing your last sip and ask for another one, right? This has nothing to do with BA being 'stingy' or 'pathetic, or even adopting Spanish practices. It's the new service standard. The instructed measurement fits the new tumbler. Besides, how many bars have you gone to where the barman gets you to pour your own drink?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Skimo
You do realise you can press your call bell as you're nearing your last sip and ask for another one, right? This has nothing to do with BA being 'stingy' or 'pathetic, or even adopting Spanish practices. It's the new service standard. The instructed measurement fits the new tumbler. Besides, how many bars have you gone to where the barman gets you to pour your own drink?
Most bars I go to the barman would ask immediately whether I would like a double, as they know that certain people like a stronger G&T (otherwise you can't taste the gin!) This is what BA previously allowed you to do - to balance the gin/tonic ratio to your own preference.

Nevertheless, I am willing to take your word for it: BA have done extensive research to determine the optimum G/T ratio served in a pressurised aircraft cabin and the fact it perfectly matches with half the previously served measure is Absolutely Nothing To Do With Cost Saving.
710 77345 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Pascoe
Normally in Spain in my experience G&T will be good quality stuff, served in absolutely ridiculously large glasses. Think fishbowl.
Quite, hence the !
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you a miserable bugger because you are not sleeping at night?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Are you a miserable bugger because you are not sleeping at night?
haha I’m sleeping fine but a cut in gin disguised as a customer enhancement makes me miserable!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally and you know that I am not a big fan of BAs the mix given the size of the glass is perfect. I don’t see this as a cutback but a service improvement, if you want to mix your own drink tell the crew when you give them your order.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:18 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
we did the new service both ways a week or so ago.

I loved it - a vast improvement. The food was better, the service was great, loved the butternut squash soup actually and smoked salmon.

Couple things that stand out for some tweaking.

the new bedding - I wish they would hurry up and introduce it.
service for sleepy people like me, is a bit slow for the JFK route - never made it to dersert.... the crew menber I was interacting with, did say quite a few people had said the same thing. Its funny sometimes that we are never pleased. I used to think it was too quick!

Overall, a great improvement.

the service was super slow. Took about 3hrs for the meal service to finish from take-off. Do&Co catering was a nice improvement over what BA had before and I do like the new glasses (even if they don't leave the minis).
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Some flights have the new amenity kits but no flight have the new bedding.
The amenity kits are out in the wild?! Did I miss a thread or post reviewing it or showing photos?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
The amenity kits are out in the wild?! Did I miss a thread or post reviewing it or showing photos?
Not yet, at least not a photo of it in the real world.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.