Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by JALlover
Maybe no 'experts' onboard to enforce the instructions?
Aren't the pax on board the "EXPERTS". On a cruise ship the head waiter is always watching and does politely ask if something was wrong that the portion was barely tasted .
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:15 am

I thought BA has a role for the crew to watch/guide whenever there is something new being placed onboard? Forgot the name, but definitely not the CSD
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Your previous point about the cold platter is correct, but the other option is still a filled panini, not a full English Breakfast on a plate.
Which is a shame as the cold platter was a rather nice alternative, and it couldn't really go wrong
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by JALlover
I thought BA has a role for the crew to watch/guide whenever there is something new being placed onboard? Forgot the name, but definitely not the CSD
SME Subject Matter Expert, puke.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Ah yes, thats the name!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by BAflyer2007
Had the new Club breakfast the other day. Nice crockery etc but overcooked and with exploded tomato and rubbery eggs I left most of it. The chicken was tough as the normal steak on BA. If they want this to work...they need to ease of on cooking these for so long.

That, and the beef posted earlier, looks appalling. So now we know that "a radical step-change in food quality and presentation" was complete PR .........
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
So I did 113 and 116 last week and I have to be honest - I thought the offering was definitely improved. Also had the heritage beef / gnocchi thingy and mine looked considerably more refined than that.

Additionally the butternut squash soup was one of the nicest things I have eaten in the skies.

And in the interests of being thorough you understand, I took one for the team and had the dessert and cheese. Not the healthiest way to start a trip to the big apple (where you're never knowingly underfed anyway).

New glassware, nut serving dishes etc are all fine and dandy.

On the return I thought it was a pure sleeper service so had the very average food in the T7 lounge. Only to discover they were doing a full service onboard for those that wanted to dine / watch movies / work etc. So once again I put others first and waded in.

The beef cheek was extremely succulent. Not over keen on the tomato soup. And the warm hazlenut pudding would have been great in theory but I think my body was trying to tell me enough was enough at that point.

Didn't bother with anything at breakfast - I almost never do these days.

My one small gripe (and it is a small one) is that I was lucky enough to have a window seat with aisle access both ways (62A / 64K) and on the way out the CC did continually raise and lower the screen to serve me at one point. I did feel bad for the guy in the aisle. Fortunately on the home they got the right idea and popped their heads round the back of the seat.

Clearly most of the time they don't have that option when serving window seat passengers, but I hope common sense will gradually prevail and / or they find a balance as to how often to be leaning over.

But the crews themselves were great and it didn't feel particularly like a new / untried service.

I took a look at the few pics I took and I don't think I can improve on what's been posted already by CWS and others. But all in all, once the bedding is in, I think it'll be a good halfway house before the new seats. I certainly don't have a problem continuing to fly BA. Just hurry up and get it rolled out to HK pls.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have no choice and have to lower the screen when serving from the starter and dessert and cheese trolleys as customers have to view the options.
On the way back there shouldn't be any trolleys used.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
We have no choice and have to lower the screen when serving from the starter and dessert and cheese trolleys as customers have to view the options.
Unless the passengers in question already know what they want. But I take your point. And I guess it's part of the ethos of how BA want the product to be presented.

I'm sure you'll work it out...
Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by MPH1980
Adding photos of overcooked beef, the fat layer and the whole dish for reference.
That looks horrible, mine looked (and tasted) much better.
I hope the crew do stick to the cooking as per Do &Co as not only was it tasty- it was tender
The horrible realisation that I am in WTP for my return on the 178 tomorrow means that I will have no critique on the day flight.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:47 pm

Oddly enough - the screen wasn't lowered for my dessert choice - the CSL just peered round the end of 64J and described them. She did kind of tail off mid description - I think she expected me to have memorised the menu.

It was for the starter though.

One more comment - the new huge menus need a storage space, or shrinking down. I caught myself on it sticking out of the document holder on the middle of the seat (above the drawer).

The document space on the back of the footstool isn't an option as it needs to be accessible.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Hey! I was (still am!) an SME on the litening III laser target and designation pod

Not all SME's are puke!!
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
wow, CWS - what can one say. Just thanks for the initial posting - I knew it was coming, but gave up waiting. Just seen the whole thread - sounds like a great improvement to me. Lesson for me - come to Flyertalk more often!

We are off to the US via JFK in the next week or so, cannot wait to see how it goes.

I hope to add my views once the flight has been taken. It all sounds good. EDIT - on second read, it sounds great - just waiting for the bedding... thats one thing that really did need improving.

Soft product to me, is just as , maybe even more important than the 'hard' product - so this is welcomed news.

My only concern would me, is that I collect airline menus!! I hope the higher spec of the menus doesnt stop me from taking my one off with me!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Sep 18, 2017 at 9:26 pm Reason: typo and bedding
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:49 am

Programs: AA L/T Gold, BA Gold
***HEADLINE NEWS***………BA come up with new service for Club World……serving food, from a trolley in an aisle…….. I am sorry, I am with Miranda Priestly on this one “Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking!!.....C’mon BA…..Geez
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I am happy to announce that I am travelling in CW back this morning (178) so I will attempt to take a few photos of the food offering.
I expect to sleep most of the time but will do my best .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.