Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 10:55 pm

Does anyone know when this will be rolled out to PHX-LHR? Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
What about MCT? Flying back in J end of March. Any chance of new bedding /service?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No news about any other routes.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Might be a while before it spreads to a lot of other routes - my impression was that - however good - it was still a work in progress with a few kinks still to be sorted out.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Last night's 12-hour CPT-LGW begged for better bedding.

However, I still managed 6 hours sleep!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Seemed to be on my BOS flight just now.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
The new bedding and washbag were on my 747 flight to BOS yesterday, but the catering was unchanged. Tne new pillow is a huge improvement.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Little review/flight experience video I made of the overnight JFK-LHR if anybody would like to see it. It was the sleeper service and features the onboard catering and the bedding.
tetudc likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by T8191

BA to the Caribbean ex-LGW at the end of Feb ... I'm not holding my breath.
Better pray the toilets are not broken then like my last ex-LGW trip... otherwise you may we’ll be!

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred Plus, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold

Chicago tonight.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:17 pm

Yes, they have supplied east coast destinations for years.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
I was going to do a proper Trip Report, but can't be bothered really.

BA114 JFK-LHR 26DEC

Amazing crew, so friendly, the FSM (sorry can't remember title) looked at my boarding pass and said "Ah Mr Sealink, welcome back" and then came to my seat to thank me again for choosing BA. Dining service was speedy.

STARTER
Sorry about the pic quality - was using an iPad.

MAIN
This doesn't look great, but the meat was melting away, the celeriac mash was as light as anything.

DESSERT

BREAKFAST PANINI

Was very impressed with the service and the crew, in fact, my last two Virgin flights have been very lacklustre which is a real shame.
I'd say BA are definitely on the way 'back' (having said that, I've had two non-stellar experiences on BA in 10 years) but new CW catering is excellent.
Well done Alex Cruz!

Last edited by Sealink; Dec 31, 2017 at 11:53 pm
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Had both the new catering and the new bedding on my BOS-LHR R/T over the holidays. I was quite impressed with the improvement in the food; I may have been lucky but it was dramatically better on the main meal than other recent flights, particularly for the LHR-BOS leg. The tea service on LHR-BOS remains a pathetic excuse for a second meal (bad tea sandwich fragments and one tiny but acceptable scone). Club Kitchen was also unchanged, with only chips/crisps, Cadbury minis, shortbread, nuts and whole fruit (ice cream and sandwiches from the past are still gone).

I agree with other comments about the pillow being an improvement on the bedding. Other bedding changes were marginal at best.

Overall a meaningful change in the right direction, IMHO.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MikeBOS
Had both the new catering and the new bedding on my BOS-LHR R/T over the holidays.
I know you were clear on this, but can I just double-check? Some recent BOS travellers did not get the new catering. Did you get (for example) the bread served in the small metal basket shown in the photos upthread?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, UA Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I know you were clear on this, but can I just double-check? Some recent BOS travellers did not get the new catering. Did you get (for example) the bread served in the small metal basket shown in the photos upthread?
I don't remember whether the metal basket was there but the food itself was plated by the flight attendants on the round plates rather than served pre-plated in the rectangular all-in-one dishes they used to use. Both quantity and quality seemed better on the starter and the main course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.