Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I predict that there will be some major changes in the service before it is rolled out to any other route.
From what you say, I’m beginning to sense (wrongly or rightly .....) that the final version - when eventually rolled-out - will be less good than the prototype currently on trial.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don’t think the actual product will be less good just the delivery will change quite a bit.
christianBA likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Fair enough CIHY. Here’s hoping you’re right and I’m wrong !

Style in delivery can certainly help towards creating a good impression, but perhaps BA were being overly-ambitious on that score.

But of course ultimately what matters most is the quality & variety (also quantity) of the food itself. I guess that’s where the focus should - and hopefully, will - be when the new offering is finally rolled out network-wide.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:09 am

Looks like the rollout continues with 6 more US east coast destinations to receive the new dining early next year...
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by T8191
So far it seems all my personal hopes are dashed. We don't do NYC and the others around there, so as far as catering is concerned I will just have to hope I live long enough to experience it (once it has been debugged).

As to the bedding, I gather there has been some sort of problem with the roll-out fleet-wide. Oh, God, if BA can't even procure and distribute new blankets and pillows, what are they doing running an airline?

I'm just so disappointed, when things seemed to be starting to look up. Our future plans continue to include as little BA l/h as practical, although not easy to avoid given their Caribbean coverage with the random old 777s
If you travel through Gatters you can safely hibernate for the next 5 years I suspect.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA
Boston, Newark, Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago and Philadelphia to receive the new Club World dining service from January next year.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for that information. I did wonder whether BWI would get it, it sometimes has a bit of a Cinderella status, but our resident BWI representative will doubtless be very pleased! When I saw the earlier post from BApilotinsider I did wonder if Toronto would be on the list, though I could equally see the Canadian aspect being an additional complication compared to these USA destinations.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by BABenchley
Boston, Newark, Baltimore, Washington DC, Chicago and Philadelphia to receive the new Club World dining service from January next year.
“PLANNED to receive” 😉
Old Dec 7, 2017, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Fingers crossed for SFO by April. I’m at least confident on the bedding front
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Oh god there will be carnage.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
on a 6 hour (short) Boston they ll have go straight into the second meal service after the dessert cheese from the first one if they need to cleared up with 40 mins to go. That ll be interesting to watch...
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Youtube review of the LHR-JFK sector:

Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I imagine a reason that EWR/BOS are following JFK is because those routes can be somewhat interchangeable …and BA like to group things together…

I'd guess we'd then see other long routes progressively added, with PHL/BWI/IAD mixed in to complement EWR/JFK…
While I was predicting the next routes for the bedding roll out, it seems to work for the catering roll out too…

How soon before we see 'Tracking New Club World Catering' and 'Tracking New Club World Bedding' threads start?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Tried the new service twice, must say Do&Co truly delivered. However, in one instance dinner on the last LHR-JFK flight got served 2h30m into the flight - and I assume this was mostly due to the new, complex setup.
Also, I like the new amenity kit and the new bedding - although the amount of items provided is perhaps too much given the lack of storage space.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:54 pm

I would quite prefer them to roll out the bedding (pun intended, hehe) as quickly as possible. Personally not so fussed about the speed of the catering upgrade. I never sleep comfortably in a CW seat, so I'd quite like to see if the new set up makes any noticeable difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.