Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by wavery83

Seat itself I find very comfortable. More comfortable for sleeping than its lauded Gulf rival partner.
Which of course is personal opinion, but yes, for short overnights to only sleep, CW does the job (and with the new bedding it helps).

Originally Posted by TPRun
Nice review. Were you UD? Is pre-booking of food available yet, do you know? Booked to try BA175, but sadly not until April!
It was on a 773, so thankfully not one of the rust bucket 772s.
TPRun likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by sxc
Has the menu changed since the initial rollout? I feel like I've been reading about mozzarella and beef cheeks for months.
It did change but seemed to come back on a faster cycle than before - hopefully this is only an initial hiccup and they will go back to greater variety.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Heard from the grapevine the pillows are going to be cut back for too many thefts (I guess as folks see a "£30-odd White Company pillow" and stash)

Not sure which pillow or what it will leave, but an "enhancement" none-the-less before this roles out globally.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
Heard from the grapevine the pillows are going to be cut back for too many thefts (I guess as folks see a "£30-odd White Company pillow" and stash)
OMG ... what is wrong with these people?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 2:46 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss

Not sure which pillow or what it will leave, but an "enhancement" none-the-less before this roles out globally.
CIHY confirmed the small grey pillow was being enhanced a week or so ago.

M
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
OMG ... what is wrong with these people?
well I was tempted to nick the pillow on my last AA flight to bring on my recent CW flight but refrained - which I very much regretted when confronted with the lumpy pancake of an old BA pillow. I would never feel the need to take one for home, but can understand the temptation to take one to use on a route which hasn't had the bedding upgrade (IE most of them). Perhaps if BA could speed up the glacial pace of the roll out they would lose less pillows.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I had the new bedding etc. on a recent trip to NYC.

Plus points for me:

* a big fluffy pillow which didn't leave me with a stiff neck
* the absolutely delicious 3-in-1 bread: real shame that's going

Can't say I'm too fussed about the grey pillow - I've never found a use for it...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:16 am

hi guys, next week CW to SFO and back again. all 747.
no idea what will be there...i'll let U know
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by patras
hi guys, next week CW to SFO and back again. all 747.
no idea what will be there...i'll let U know
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum patras, it's good to see you here and I hope you have a great brace of flights to California. I don't think you'll get the new catering, but you may get the new bedding.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:38 am

hi slave, i humbly pray for the bedding / absolutely don't care about food - champagne and G&T will be still great as always in CW^
at T5 should i go to GalleriesT5B lounge preferently???
thanks for warm welcome, David
Old Jan 13, 2018, 6:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by patras
hi slave, i humbly pray for the bedding / absolutely don't care about food - champagne and G&T will be still great as always in CW^
at T5 should i go to GalleriesT5B lounge preferently???
thanks for warm welcome, David
Yes, always T5B unless you are tight on time. With more than an hour to go to a flights, best go to T5B, all gates in all of T5 are within 10 or 15 minutes or less of that lounge, the passageway guide in the Dashboard is the essential reading for this. In the case of SFO 747s you'll probably be there anyway.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rossmacd
...Starter was both the antipasti and a half-serving of the sweetcorn soup. The antipasti was solid, mozzarella of good quality. The soup was average - far too thin for my liking - but tasted fine.

Main was the beef cheeks and lamb - I asked if it would be pink the middle, and the CSD said he would try. Unfortunately upon delivery, it was standard BA nuked meat. Feedback given on this to CSD. Overall the main was fine, the potatoes were nice as was the jus - quite tasty.

The desert selection was good - I went for the chocolate mousse, which was fine if a little small. I would have gone for the cheese afterwards, but there were no portions available after the rest of the cabin was served.

Afternoon tea was the 'sandwiches' - or slices of carbs with toppings. Overall they were fine. The scone was excellent and was very fresh and a good size...
I thought the new service was meant to allow for both a dessert and cheese ?
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by bafan
I thought the new service was meant to allow for both a dessert and cheese ?
Apparently not.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Apparently not.
Sounds like your own experience doesn’t quite match that of passengers who were able to enjoy the new service - in all its glory - in September 2017, ie at the time of the initial launch. With the media and interested BA regulars watching closely, perhaps management were especially keen to put on a special show back then.

In his comprehensive first-hand review (along with many excellent photos) covering the inaugural flight, c-w-s decsribed the dessert section of the revamped catering options as follows :

Desserts
This follows the pattern of the starters with a free selection from the trolley. I went for the Appel Strudel, based on the wonderful cinnamon smell wafting over the cabin. For once, I really could not accept a cheese plate, there simply wasn’t room.

Fast forward a few months and perhaps an alternative description might be .........

Desserts
I really could not accept a cheese plate, there simply wasn’t one.

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You can choose as many desserts plus cheese as you like, ex LHR the are 4 plus cheese, we may ask you to wait until everyone is served if you want everything.
rockflyertalk likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.