Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San Josι (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montrιal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
On another note, this whole debacle (of which it’s truly turning into one), is unfortunetly reminecent of the UK’s wider problems with productivity and ability to quickly change.

I’ve never seen such a slow pace of changing a meal service at any airline before. Some airlines seem to change service standards every six months it seems! As for the bedding- it’s honestly just arranging for the cleaners to put it on the seat!

I could use this whole event as the basis for a quite scathing question at a shareholder meeting, if one were so inclined (and if they still take questions!).

Last edited by BA0197; Jan 18, 2018 at 10:26 am
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by BA0197

Just wanted to add a massive Thank You to you CIHY for taking the time to keep informing us of all the (what seems like daily) changes to the roll out of the new soft products in CW/F! Just reading through the thread has made me realise how much time you’ve spent answering people questions in detail and frequently! Also gives us a fascinating insight into the, as politicians have recently put it, “fluid situation” of BA managing and implementing the new service!
I am happy to help.
710 77345, stevie, nnn and 11 others like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
I can confirm that the new bedding has made its way to CWLCY.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
ALL flights from today will have the new CW washbag.
I’ve just boarded BA225 to MSY and I’ve been given and old washbag. Do I need to flash my flyer talk login or something for a new one?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry about that we have been told they are on all flights but I guess that they are still running down stock on a couple of routes.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
ANU-LGW didn’t have the new wash bag either 😔
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I was just thinking about it and there were no slippers included anywhere (that I could find) in the CW amenity kits. Did I miss them, or were they hidden somewhere else?

While not essential, it is far easier to put on slippers rather than pull out my shoes if I need to run to the lav. And no, I'm not going to the lav in just socks.

Both AA and AY provide slippers to their business class passengers, and I was rather surprised that BA did not, unless I missed them (or was missed in the distribution). Heck, I think every other airline where I've flown in business I was given slippers.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Slippers are only provided on Chinese and Japanese routes in CW.
aztimm and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Slippers are only provided on Chinese and Japanese routes in CW.
That's interesting. Does anyone know why? Do passengers to and from China and Japan have dirtier feet...?!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
As the planned rollout of the new catering and bedding beyond LHR-JFK gets nearer, I wondered whether it might help to have a wikipost to track the routes on which they appear or will shortly appear.

So I have had a first go at this, but all corrections and improvements will of course be most welcome.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:00 pm

Old wash bag and old bedding to LAX today.

HOWEVER the food (obviously the old service!) was really good and Club Kitchen very well stocked 😀
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Virazuno
That's interesting. Does anyone know why? Do passengers to and from China and Japan have dirtier feet...?!
Customers on these routes have a cultural and service expectation, and BA is competing against Chinese/Japanese carriers that provide the same.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Customers on these routes have a cultural and service expectation, and BA is competing against Chinese/Japanese carriers that provide the same.
Which is exactly why AY provides slippers, as their business model caters to Asian customers.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Virazuno
No, cleaner feet. This is due to wearing slippers when traipsing to the toilets onboard flights… unlike many of the rest of us!
SussexFly likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by aztimm
Both AA and AY provide slippers to their business class passengers, and I was rather surprised that BA did not, unless I missed them (or was missed in the distribution). Heck, I think every other airline where I've flown in business I was given slippers.
I think the BA model of only providing slippers on selected routes is probably the most common one globally. Some surprisingly premium global airlines (e.g. CX) don't offer slippers in J full stop. JL, in contrast, gives them out on sub-two hour flights!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.