Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OneWorld Emerald)
I just got off the phone to BA to discuss a flight in November which I needed to change and thought I may as well confirm the meals are as per some of the advice on the forum, which I can see is now in the wiki. The agent told me that the meals I will be getting reflect Rotation C rather than Rotation A - is the forum wrong or is the agent wrong?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
So, earlier this week, I was on a long XXX-LHR breakfast flight, presumably back-catered from LHR the previous evening. At least 1 week out, there were 8 rows of club (I was in row 9 ), and the flight went out full 32 out of 32 pax (but no op-ups that I was aware of, as Y was not full). Before take off, the CSM was chatting at length to various people in different rows: apparently there were only 24 meals catered. To her credit, she did a good job with language barrier and lots of connecting passengers, explaining the situation, ensuring those pax got something (pastries), and proactively filling in Avios compensation claims ("I can see that you're a bronze member...")

However, why was she put in this situation in the first place? Also, why was BA offering upgrades at online check-in 3 hours before the flight, when it should've been obvious there weren't enough meals when the plane left LHR the previous evening? The smoothness with which the MF crew dealt with the situation suggests that it was far from an isolated incident...
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Could you please say what time your flight was leaving? SPML for short/medium vary by meal window so the information is important. Thanks.
Sorry this was the 5:30pm flight. Also to add the no preordered choices were a duck salad or a chicken club panini so if you were veggie and hadn't preordered they were offering to remove the duck from the salad.

Last edited by gismo1554; Oct 19, 2017 at 12:28 am
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gismo1554
so if you were veggie and hadn't preordered they were offering to remove the duck from the salad.
Thanks! I hope they offered to transfer both tiny slivers of duck to a non-veg pax rather than discard them altogether!
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
3 (!) options on today's BA753 BSL-LHR (noon/lunch flight).

(1) Mozzarella/tomato panini, (2) chicken/potato salad and (3) coronation chicken salad.

I asked the crew about it and they told me that the CE load went up in the last minute so they rushed some more catering to the airplane, which then didn't match the catering already on board, thus the 3 choices.

OT, but no duty free was sold on this flight, as they couldn't open the padlock. A shame, as my OH wanted to buy a perfume.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
LHR-VIE yesterday potato and chicken salad or beef jalapeńo panini. Had the former. Perfectly adequate if you've already eaten a full three course meal. Otherwise hopelessly inadequate. Also, I'm sure this breaded chicken with potato snack has been doing the rounds for ages. Pls can BA (1) change the menu and (2) make the portions larger.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Am I being a bit thick as my mate had a completely different menu to the one listed above to MLA on Thurs pm.

He was offered Thai chicken curry or tortellini outbound from Gatwick.

Neither are listed above.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:05 pm

I flew to and from LIN last week ex-LHR. I got the distinct feeling that the purser outbound was embarrassed by the food she was offering as she made a great play on drinks, drinks, nuts (2 bags etc) and only asked us if we wanted something to eat with 38 minutes to landing...

Inbound it was the same tiny portions: panini or paltry salad with a chocolate slice. Come on BA: Medium range short-haul routes deserve better than this in CE! Outbound had a portion of fruit salad that looked days old: limp and discoloured. Disappointing.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:45 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Am I being a bit thick as my mate had a completely different menu to the one listed above to MLA on Thurs pm.

He was offered Thai chicken curry or tortellini outbound from Gatwick.

Neither are listed above.
"Above" being where exactly? LGW has a different menu from LHR, if that is what you meant.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
"Above" being where exactly? LGW has a different menu from LHR, if that is what you meant.
Yes, in the wiki section. I accept that it says that other airports may have variations but this seems like a complete difference to me. In my experience of flying CE it's quite unusual for them to offer a hot vegetarian meal as one of the two main dishes.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Yes, in the wiki section. I accept that it says that other airports may have variations but this seems like a complete difference to me. In my experience of flying CE it's quite unusual for them to offer a hot vegetarian meal as one of the two main dishes.
No, just to clarify this a little more, LGW has a totally different menu, even the butter is different. If you browse upthread, any tray with Elle et Vire on it (as opposed to Président) is LGW. The menu is standardised like LHR with 3 constantly returning rotations, with a shuffle between outbound and inbound between rotations, so also like LHR. However the actual meal items are completely different between LHR and LGW.

So Rotation C for LGW can be found in this post 1221.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you browse upthread, any tray with Elle et Vire on it (as opposed to Président) is LGW.
you are going to annoy PUCCI GALORE!
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
you are going to annoy PUCCI GALORE!
Yes, I fear so, she has raised the issue 3 times in 3 separate threads.....
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: IHG
Just off of the OTP-LHR and what a difference from a near perfect LHR-WAW earlier in the week. To start wth the purser had her nose put out of joint when the captain instructed a manual safety demo as the taxi from stand to runway was too short for the film. Didn't we all know she wasn't a happy bunny.
Shortly after take off normal drinks run was then followed by the meal, a choice of chicken or chicken. No menus offered so a verbal offering of chicken risotto or chicken gnocchi with the stater of peppered melon slices dumped on the table next to all other courses at the same time. Teas and coffees followed as we had just finished the starters let alone the main. The whole meal service in a six row cabin with 16 pax was finished before we had flown over Budapest.
With the two CE staff hidden behind the galley curtain for most of the flight someone pressing the call button for a drink was met with the cabin staff member leaving a whole bottle of champagne with them so he could go back into hiding in the hope they would not be disturbed again. The purser busy sat down having a cup of tea and doing the Mail on Sunday crossword.
At least the small chicken breast was tasty.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I'm not sure what rotation goes on, if any. On my recent inbound from VIE I was offered a panini or chicken salad. Whilst I didn't get a good look at the salad, so cannnot be certain it was the same as the outbound, I certainly had a chicken salad of sorts (breaded chicken with potato) on the outbound. I went for the panini and it was truly woeful. Also: no nuts and no bread basket (not that I would have wanted any more bread with my panini). Another poor CE experience, but on the plus side the crew were very sweet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.