FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:57 am
Kip64

Programs: BA Executive Club
LGW domestic and Long

Finally get to be helpful for once, I hope.

Flew EDI to VLC ( Beautiful city by the way, would definitely recommend a visit) through LGW.

Morning flight EDI - LGW was standard breakfast offering and Bircher muesli

Afternoon flight LGW - VLC was full three course meal. Menu attached. Did see a lot of people not finishing the poached pear and Stilton starter. Was sat in 1D and lots of half finished plates being collected by CSM (Hope that's the right title?) Chicken curry was pleasant but needed some me extra salt. Dessert was delicious! Proactive service as well

Early evening VLC - LGW. Nice starter of salmon. Chicken was good but too many bits of thyme stalks making me feel like I was chewing twigs at times. Dessert not as good as outbound but no complaints. Service was not as proactive

Night flight LGW - EDI. Choice of croque Monsieur or chicken and bulgar wheat salad. Both looked tastey. The salad definitely looked more substantial than the photos of tomato mozzarella salads and chicken and prawn salads I've been seeing on this thread. Chocolate and caramel mouse pot as well. Bread only offered to those having salad. Did notice the quarter bottles of champagne being served on this flight but the large bottles on the previous two. Didn't pay attention on my first flight I'm afraid, was too excited to go on holiday 😂.

These were redemption flights but I can't see myself paying for CE on short haul personally in the future

One further thing I noticed was there was Baileys loaded. Was being nosey to see what was in the trolley when the person in front was being served.

Name:  IMG_0877.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  835.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0876.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  817.9 KB