Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PZE
Regardless of how Islamic gambling is, I’ve just had it pointed out to me that Ramadan started next week, which raises interesting questions about the content of Muslim meal during daylight hours. Just became a bigger gamble...

I’ll post pictures of my glass of water.
If a daytime Muslim meal had to comply with Ramadan fasting, then surely you wouldn't even get a glass of water? I'm not a Muslim, nor do I know very much about its rules - but ISTR that there is an exemption from travellers, so maybe you'll be OK.
PZE likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PZE
I’ll post pictures of my glass of water.
Ramadan has already started so water would be completely out too. However in terms of doctrine, it's ok to eat and drink when travelling, so long as you are away from home for less than 5 days. Just add the missing days to the fasting period to the end, perhaps combined with a charitable donation.
PZE likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Flew from LHR to BHD on Friday and there was a choice of Champagne.

Heidsieck Monopole and Castelnau.

Maybe it's been mentioned earlier in this thread but wasnt aware it was back!
Old May 20, 2018, 4:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sealink
Flew from LHR to BHD on Friday and there was a choice of Champagne.

Heidsieck Monopole and Castelnau.

Maybe it's been mentioned earlier in this thread but wasnt aware it was back!
Yes, I mentioned it on Friday in this topic: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29771447 - I think it a supply issue rather than a change.
Sealink likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

.................................................. .........

..... I'd also say that unless you share Raffles' scotch-egg-phobia, the Ploughman's meal is very good in my view, I don't think you can rely on photos. However it is very popular so you would need to be seating in the front half of CE to have a good chance of getting it.
You’re a heavy CE user, so I’ll happily take your word that it’s “very popular”.

And that’s precisely why your comment struck a chord with me c-w-s - although not so much with specific regard to the Ploughman’s meal, but more in relation to CE catering in general.

In short, it made me wonder whether the penny will ever drop with our friends at Waterside that, when a particular item is known to be particularly popular, it might be a rather jolly idea to order and load more of it ; in much the same way that my local supermarket tends to stock more turkeys as Christmas approaches.

It’s a radical thought, I know. But it could mean that customers seated in the second half of the CE cabin (and who have very likely paid the same / similar fare as those seated in the front) might actually get their meal choice, rather than be left disappointed.

Old May 20, 2018, 5:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
On my last two flights in CE I have been offered the ploughmans meal sat in row 10 or 11 so its not always the case.

Still to try it as I'm not a huge scotch egg fan but perhaps I should soon as its getting favourable reviews on here.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
LHR-LCA-LHR

BA664 London Heathrow to Larnaca 13th May 2018
CE Breakfast

BA663 Larnaca to London Heathrow 14th May 2018
CE Menu

Starter - Beetroot carpaccio with goat's cheese
Desert - Fresh berry pavlova with vanilla cream
- Cropwell Bishop Stilton cheese with red onion chutney and oat cakes

Main - Chicken tikka masala with safron pilaf and gobi saag

The 663 was served by a very good, nay, excellent crew, led by the amazing L the duty CSD.
Old May 20, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I think it a supply issue rather than a change.
Could you give us more info on why/if you have a particular reason to think so? Is it what the crew actually said? I'd like it to be true (I don't like Castelnau but like Monopole even less!) but many flights seem to have both served which strikes me as unlikely in the case of a supply issue where you'd expect the regular supply to run out first then the alternative used as back up or so I'd think?
Old May 20, 2018, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load

You’re a heavy CE user, so I’ll happily take your word that it’s “very popular”.

And that’s precisely why your comment struck a chord with me c-w-s - although not so much with specific regard to the Ploughman’s meal, but more in relation to CE catering in general.

In short, it made me wonder whether the penny will ever drop with our friends at Waterside that, when a particular item is known to be particularly popular, it might be a rather jolly idea to order and load more of it ; in much the same way that my local supermarket tends to stock more turkeys as Christmas approaches.

It’s a radical thought, I know. But it could mean that customers seated in the second half of the CE cabin (and who have very likely paid the same / similar fare as those seated in the front) might actually get their meal choice, rather than be left disappointed.

I'm not sure that the Ploughman's is particularly loved, it's just a more substantial (that term is somewhat relative!) plate of food compared to the miserable 3 finger sandwiches filled with the cheapest ingredients known to man. The idea that more should be loaded shows very little understanding of how our Lords and masters think. Which plate is cheaper. The catering is about "what can we get away with before we piss people off too much", rather than "what would people love to eat". View your in flight meal like this, everything makes perfect sense........
Old May 20, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Just to complete this, the inbounds from MAD are shown on the ‘long’ menu - numbers at bottom. Inbound from PMI are I think 497 and 451 and can’t see those, so looks like that is staying Medium. BLQ is 541/545 (non breakfast menu) and again not listed so looks to have stayed as Medium.
Old May 20, 2018, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Just to complete this, the inbounds from MAD are shown on the ‘long’ menu - numbers at bottom. Inbound from PMI are I think 497 and 451 and can’t see those, so looks like that is staying Medium. BLQ is 541/545 (non breakfast menu) and again not listed so looks to have stayed as Medium.
Ah, well spotted!
Old May 20, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
BLQ BA545 this evening was chicken salad or chicken panini. I ordered Asian veg special meal which was the hummous selection which also doubles up as the vegetarian, lacto and one other special meal which I forget right now.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by MarkLHR
BLQ BA545 this evening was chicken salad or chicken panini. I ordered Asian veg special meal which was the hummous selection which also doubles up as the vegetarian, lacto and one other special meal which I forget right now.
I imagine that with a different dessert it could also do gluten free
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Yes, I mentioned it on Friday in this topic: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29771447 - I think it a supply issue rather than a change.
Crew member mentioned that they think there could be a change of supplier.

The first bottle offered was Monopole, followed by Castelnau. After the Monopole, I found the Castelnau had a strange and slightly jarring aftertaste.

PS - offered three choices of main course this evening, BHD-LHR.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
It's only the MAD that has been upgraded "due to commercial reasons". Make of that what you will, maybe it's because IB offer a full meal service, or maybe it has something to do with the route being the IAG staff shuttle (many of the flights, especially Mon and Fri early morning and late evening will see large Club cabins with often 75% of passengers on duty travel).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.