FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering guide
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:41 am
JustTheOne

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
This was the VLML brunch plate on CPH-LHR earlier today:

While this was a beautifully presented plate - I don't think I've ever had a flower on my plate before on BA, although that could just be CPH catering rather than anything to do with the new regime! - the lack of any sweet item on the tray was very disappointing. Luckily I wasn't hungry either, as not-even-a-whole tomato and three slivers of mozzarella is hardly filling fare.

It doesn't compare particularly well to this VLML afternoon tea plate LHR-GOT last week - yes, it's a different meal service, but I would probably have been served the same sort of salad for brunch in the past anyway:

The wine-from-a-bottle thing appears to be a total con, aimed at ensuring less booze is served, and I agree that it will lead to people sitting with empty glasses on heavily-loaded CE flights... Mission accomplished there then.

I didn't have the little packet plastic packet inside my napkin, just the sachet of salt and pepper. This might have been because it was a SPML tray, I'd be curious to know whether anyone else is seeing the same. If so, then it's curtains for the glasses cleaner refreshing wipe! Sugar was also absent from my napkin bundle - I don't know whether there are now packets on the trolley to be handed out if required...?

And finally, here's a close-up of the new mug for those who are desperate to know more!