Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Padmeister
I actually agree with you. I should have corrected my bad grammar 😉
Yes you should of.

I was brought up proper
Old May 1, 2017, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
* brung/dragged?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by avon75
She realises there is now a huge queue behind me, and gives me an angry wince and quips at me "Well, why aren't you helping me ?"
That would have been my cue to take said bag and ram it is hard and as lazily as possible into the overhead lock with little to no regard for her bag's condition.
Old May 1, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by WorldLux
LCY... was sub-par and unworthy ... there wasn't any lounge and that he was forced to sit in the general lounge
I flew out of some third-world airports last year, and I consistently feel this way about LCY too.
Old May 1, 2017, 3:51 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
There was a passenger on my Vie-Lhr flight today, turned out silver card holder travelling with her mum. I think she used the word priority and important 7 times during the flight, loud enough for rows around her to hear.
The best was when talking about luggage, her mum asked whether she will have time to use the toilet, this DYKWIA said certainly not, we have priority luggage and it takes only 3 minutes to be delivered, in fact every time I fly in from Europe my luggage is waiting for me before I reach the reclaim. I kept silent, but thought the lesson was forthcoming
Old May 1, 2017, 3:53 pm

I really think someone could make a good amount of ad rev off of youtube if they recorded one of these... events.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
European airport this weekend; arrive at the gate for our short hop back to LHR amongst the very last passengers...pretty much everyone else is boarded by now, and there is a queue of at most 5 people ahead of us in the "non-priority" line - so we just join the back of that line; quite literally no point doing anything else at this stage, especially as we still need to fold down the baby buggy for door checking.

As we're standing there, a couple come tearing up the (empty) "priority" line and make a big show of wanting to jump the queue...waving their Bronze iPhone boarding pass at the gate agents, tutting and puffing when that didn't get them what they wanted, then practically shoving Mrs R and the baby out of the way to get at the gate agent ahead of us - totally pointless and seriously rude, even if it had been the case that they had 'real' priority (which they didn't, not that that's the point...)

Anyway; we let it slide; it's bad enough being a rude fool without having people point it out to you every fine minutes...- but, oh, the look on their faces as we boarded last and into Row 1...

I understand that Bronze don't get many privileges and that everyone (at all status levels) likes to use their perks, but this was properly ridiculous - they saved zero time or effort, and just looked like silly sods...not DYKWIA exactly, but I just don't understand how BAEC can bring out the worst in people sometimes ha...
Old May 6, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Fabulous DYKWIA rant in the SIN CCR Bar tonight. The full "I am one of BA's top 100 customers" routine. In all of this particular gentleman's travels, and he flies 250,000 miles a year with BA.....apparently, he has never seen such a poor food offering. (Clearly he doesn't fly much through SIN ) Management has been sent for!
Old May 6, 2017, 7:45 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Not a DYKWIA... but this amused me. At the Aspire lounge in MAN T1 last week, a guy walked past me with 4 of those small boxes of cereal and a ceramic bowl. He got to his seat, and put the lot in his bag! Brassneck
Old May 6, 2017, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
He obviously does not go through Sin much but his main point is entirely valid, even if coated in self importance, as the food and indeed the CCB is just not good enough.Btw - is it cold there tonight? I turned up the temp of the aircon last week
Old May 6, 2017, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Not a DYKWIA... but this amused me. At the Aspire lounge in MAN T1 last week, a guy walked past me with 4 of those small boxes of cereal and a ceramic bowl. He got to his seat, and put the lot in his bag! Brassneck
He's lucky he wasn't chased! They usually jump on the thieves in those Aspire Lounges.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by TonyHancock
Fabulous DYKWIA rant in the SIN CCR Bar tonight. The full "I am one of BA's top 100 customers" routine. In all of this particular gentleman's travels, and he flies 250,000 miles a year with BA.....apparently, he has never seen such a poor food offering. (Clearly he doesn't fly much through SIN ) Management has been sent for!
Ooo Juicy, do keep us updated
Old May 6, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
For an airport handling 3(?) BA flights a day, I think the CCR in Changi is an excellent little sanctuary away from the masses. I know the food is from the buffet in the Second Class lounge next door but I am saved the arduous task of going to get in myself. Also think the new Second Class lounge is a vast improvement on the old one.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Ooo Juicy, do keep us updated
As these things often do it petered out into a sort of inevitable stalemate.

The most senior person representing BA was summoned and duly arrived. My assumption is that she was contract staff. She offered an email address to which Mr DYKWIA repeatedly advised that it was her job not his to follow up. When he realised this was the best he was going to get he retreated sheepishly to a booth watched by the other 7 occupants of the CCR Bar. He muttered something about Virgin but I didn't hear that clearly.

The CCR Bar was way too warm for me, those pesky FT members playing with the controls I suspect.

Last edited by TonyHancock; May 7, 2017 at 4:22 am Reason: Tidy up!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.