Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
December Menus

I'll type them up later to make it easier to read, but here are the Dining and Lounge menus for December.

The headline for December? Venison!

Many thanks to LurkerWilf for the Dining menu.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
The venison sounds nice, but is a very small portion, so don't expect too much from it.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
It'll probably give me the chance to sample the superfood salad, too Waiting on the duck and venison now. Expect to try the salad and new chocolate dessert too, let's see how it goes. 2008 Chateau L'Arrosee quite nice.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:45 am

Proceeding at good pace, as one would expect given the portion sizes. Only too late did I realise there was chicken mole to be had. It will have to wait for someone else to snap a pic.

The venison will divide people, it's basically a replay of the lamb, more to come when the pics get loaded.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:05 am

OK, details ...

Duck appetizer (marginally tucked into) - tasty, minimal, interesting juxtaposition of the horseradish pate and the chutney for sweet-&-sour effect.

Venison - like the lamb, pulled meat, compacted into a cannelet-shaped object, wrapped in streaky bacon, a tad dry, with great jus, though (even if messily poured by moi). Carrots and orangey puree splash as expected, the dumpling tastes of orange, very much so. Time of the year for citrus, I suppose:

I don't think Cavolo Nero makes for great salad fodder, not how I grew up with the stuff, never paired up of course with its partner in the holy duopoly of healthiness - that would be quinoa. But you can't always be looking back, can you? Dots of avocado and a sharp lemony dressing complete the dish, along with a nicely boiled hard/soft duck egg. Interesting. Might not order again, glad I tried.

Choc dessert, nice moist cake, honeycomb adds sweetness, the yellowish dots on the corner pack the orange flavour. If you don't like Terry's, skip the corner and you'll be fine.

Oh, and I think the CCR could use a 5 liter bottle of Aperol for show. If we're going for superfood salads we should be pouring Aperol Spritz too, might as well trend up the whole hog:
Old Dec 2, 2016, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Not keen on the slates with bits and pieces spread out. Sure it makes it easier to try the individual components but I would prefer a bowl for a lot of these concoctions.

Not in the CCR again until next month so will miss a lot of these things. Just wish they would bring back the watm chocolate fondant with Chantilly cream etc. That was by far the best thing I've ever had in any lounge.
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MarkedMan

The venison will divide people, it's basically a replay of the lamb, more to come when the pics get loaded.
Yes, I can see what you are getting at here.

Venison needs to be aged, and via different handling techniques it's possible to get a fairly innocuous, lightly flavoured venison which works well as a lean alternative for those who enjoy middle of the road beef products. There are various technicalities with venison handling and the butchering process which allows for quite different flavours. The CCR dish is not in this mild category, it is strongly, robustly venison flavoured, and for those who enjoy venison they will like this dish. I think it's a great choice for the CCR in December, here is my photo before the jus went on:

Old Dec 2, 2016, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Like the sound of the duck breast's starter and of the venison! ^ I liked the sound of the lemon sole last month and was quite disappointed so hopefully luckier this time!
Old Dec 4, 2016, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I can see what you are getting at here.
Personally, I agree with you, the meat is fab. I could happily have eaten loads of the little pucks. There's little point in trying to hide the flavor of such a dish, just use beef instead if that is what you want. We never bothered much to hide anything. I'd love to see more things like venison, boar etc on the menus in the CCR.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 4:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thanks for the photos. Menu photo guide is updated now. Just missing a photo of the chicken mole from the lounge menu if anyone wants to try it.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Just about to have the duck followed by the venison- let's see.
Well done LW on the photography front....

Update- both delicious, washed down with the New Zealand Pinot Noir and Pauillac respectively. Repeat planned for Thursday....

Last edited by Silk Cut; Dec 6, 2016 at 7:17 am Reason: Update
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Someone at the pass needs to up their skills with the back of a spoon. The puree spread is a 2/10.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Just had the venison, beautiful! So good I had it twice!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Just had the venison, beautiful! So good I had it twice!
I had it too and I do not share your opinion about the venison. It is not a pavé of venison (as indicated on the menu) but it is pulled venison with a slice of bacon around it. It was also served almost cold. In a blind test and certainly of a couple of glasses of LPGS you could easily take it for pulled pork. The poor venison deserved a better preparation.
I admit that it is a question of taste (I don't like burgers in an upscale lounge either).
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vibguy
I had it too and I do not share your opinion about the venison. It is not a pavé of venison (as indicated on the menu) but it is pulled venison with a slice of bacon around it. It was also served almost cold. In a blind test and certainly of a couple of glasses of LPGS you could easily take it for pulled pork. The poor venison deserved a better preparation.
I admit that it is a question of taste (I don't like burgers in an upscale lounge either).
That's fair, in complete contrast if it's me and my brother the first thing we do is order the BA Burger when we get into the lounge.

Just had the duck and the orange stuff (chutney?) and the white stuff (not sure what that was) made quite a nice contrast when you added the duck to it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.