Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
US CCR meals are designed to replace rather than complement the on board offering, definitely more substantial. I liked the pudding, agree that the sole was a bit plain. Mind you when you bake the pudding that way you brown the outsides and dry it out a bit more than if it is done in a large dish and scooped out. OTOH you can pre-bake this way and warm & serve, which I am sure is the point here. Looking forward to trying the cheeses later in the month!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:44 am

I was in the JFK CCR on Sunday night with three other travelling companions. Having praised the JFK CCR in the past, on Sunday nights showing, the quality seems to have suffered (enhanced perhaps?)
The croque madame is very small but is very tasty - it was perhaps the best dish of those we had. The butternut squash soup was not great - rather thin in consistency and lacking in taste. Some of the brussels sprouts in the soup were cold. The salad was nice possibly as good as the croquet madame.
We all had the Braised short rib - two were acceptable. Mine was stone cold, literally as cold as ice and another was also cold. Not a pleasant experience. Replacements eventually arrived and were as you can imagine piping hot. It was ok but not as good as other dishes in the JFK CCR in the past. The dessert of poached pear was again ok but not something I would rush to have again.
Overall a disappointment.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 9:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GLA
Is the IAD menu always the same as JFK?
Yes. All the BA First lounges catering on the East Coast is done by the same company and using the same menu for First cabin travellers and CCR. PHL only offers this menu when there is a First cabin in operation.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:00 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes. All the BA First lounges catering on the East Coast is done by the same company and using the same menu for First cabin travellers and CCR. PHL only offers this menu when there is a First cabin in operation.
Thanks cws.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Having tried the burger, I suggest the only thing "amazing" about the burger sauce is what the bean counter said when he said saw what mentioning this brand would do to reduce cost.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:33 pm

I seem to recall that BA experimented with (proper) pre flight dining from London in the old T4 CCR - the portions and presentation were very substantial. It was restricted to evening departures and never very busy as I recall.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by CD747
I seem to recall that BA experimented with (proper) pre flight dining from London in the old T4 CCR - the portions and presentation were very substantial. It was restricted to evening departures and never very busy as I recall.
The T4 CCR Dining menu was a slightly improved version of the current T5 CCR menu. It was probably a bit more like the JFK CCR offering (until relatively recently) than the current T5 menu.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm working my way through the menu at present.

Started with the mushrooms on toast and a nice enough snack. Not amazing but it's different.

Next tried the sole. Again not amazing and to honest, I couldn't tell what I was eating other than the occasional fish taste. The herb potatoes are too subtle for my liking. Better if I didn't have to pick around the broccoli.

Still want the staff to be a bit more proactive. They tend to wander around but not ask if you want anything beyond an initial encounter.

Cheese plate. Had the soft and red cheeses. Preferred the red although none were amazing.

Brioche next.
Cherries seemed fishy tasting to me at first and weren't that good. The rest of the pudding not memorable but nice enough.

Last edited by xenole; Nov 18, 2016 at 6:46 am
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'll admit that I have found things to taste less good than I had imagined from reading them on paper.

The "ravioloni" which were effectively just ravioli on my visit were good as such and very well cooked (ie not overcooked), but the kale was a bit bitter and the cranberries and nuts did not add much.

Lemon sole will never be Dover sole of course but is usually a fish I like. However, here, it was overcooked to the point of being rubbery and tasted "fishier" than any fresh lemon sole really should. I could not taste the brown shrimp in the mousse if there was any. The mash was quite good but the herbs added little more than colour.

I had great hope for the brioche pudding as I have found previous versions in the CCR to be excellent, but this one was too dry, lacking baked custard and more fruit.

And I did not share others' enthusiasm for the new cheese selection - I actually preferred the previous rotation quite a bit. To me those were lacking in complexity and ageing and were served too cold. Still love the fruity crackers though!

All in all a bit disappointing.

On the other hand, I changed my usual breakfast choices the other day to finally try the pancakes with mascarpone, streaky bacon, and maple syrup, and found them very good indeed!!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The chicken sandwich thing with crisps was probably the best thing to be honest.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spend more, get better. Pretty simple really.

I restate that all the lounges moved down one. I had more tasty meals in GF before the budget cuts than in CCR presently.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Any cocktail recommendations for the CCR, normally play it safe with the LPGS but this week going with friends and want to try something else
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Any cocktail recommendations for the CCR, normally play it safe with the LPGS but this week going with friends and want to try something else
My default cocktail is the BA175. I really quite like it. It is a Champagne-based cocktail with a hint of apricot liqueur and fresh grapefruit. Not very sweet at all, which I like.

My other occasional one is the espresso martini. Very balanced and nice but a little too sweet for my taste, also beware it is made with actual coffee but the other day I asked if I could have it with decaf and the answer was yes.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Screenshotted and saved orbitmic many thanks! BA175 sounds good
Old Nov 19, 2016, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Screenshotted and saved orbitmic many thanks! BA175 sounds good
Let me know what you think!

Another advantage of BA175 vs Espresso martini is that the former is smaller so you can move on to a glass of plain LGPS or wine after that if you want. The martini is quite big.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.