Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 5:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've opted to leave the previous wording in place until I get the opportunity to find out what on earth they are on about.
I have amended mine on the photos guide, although equally unsure!

Still missing photos of the pumpkin ravioloni, cherry brioche butter pudding, new cheese selection, and the brioche turkey roll if anyone can take some.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 10:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
I think Chris1979 said he was going to be in today too, so maybe more pics will come. I'll see if I can remember to do this and snap a couple myself, might manage the first two at least. I'll miss the dome, but always happy to try any bread pudding variation. Don't think I can manage the turkey roll
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
I have amended mine on the photos guide, although equally unsure!

Still missing photos of the pumpkin ravioloni, cherry brioche butter pudding, new cheese selection, and the brioche turkey roll if anyone can take some.
I am sure I followed your instructions yesterday.... Did you tell me to eat all that as well???

Originally Posted by MarkedMan
I think Chris1979 said he was going to be in today too, so maybe more pics will come. I'll see if I can remember to do this and snap a couple myself, might manage the first two at least. I'll miss the dome, but always happy to try any bread pudding variation. Don't think I can manage the turkey roll
I will be but it'll be a morning stop (in a few hours) so not going to have any of that - so i'll pass the baton to you sir!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
I will be but it'll be a morning stop (in a few hours) so not going to have any of that - so i'll pass the baton to you sir!
Very well, two out of four so far, 45 minutes to mull over whether to have cheese or not

And of course I had to check a bag (too much stuff) and placed my cable in there, so not able to upload pic to satisfactory standard yet. By the time it is done I may be beaten to the line. But it shall be in a happy, Mersault induced state. Even while reading about capital markets presentations.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:43 am

So, late lunch consisting of the mushrooms on toast, raviolone, fish and butter pudding. Was going to get the cheese but found myself busy typing away and before I knew it it was 37 minutes to my flight and A15 had become B34 ...

Mushrooms on toast was a great, tasty dish, more italian bistro than high dining, you couldn't have objected if it had been called mushroom and artichoke bruschetta. Nothing wrong with that in my book.

The raviolone was a pleasant surprise:

I have a love/hate relationship with pumpkin and sweet potato, but this was understated and worked well as a savory dish, the pumpkin flesh inside the raviolo probably tempered with some cream or ricotta, with no overwhelming cinnamon/clove spicing added. Not too fussy with the cranberries in the dressing, but it didn't spoil things.

The butter pudding was excellent:

Here's a close-up:

Again, sour cherries not always my fave, but they've done well with this one. Moist, tasty, the cherries don't overwhelm it, the cream is very nice, though you couldn't be blamed for wanting some ice cream with it too
Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Turkey Brioche:

This was actually really tasty. Not huge, but a very nice flavour, would definitely recommend.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
I have a photo of the cheese plate, will post late tonight or early tomorrow... Really enjoying the Halloumi salad, mostly because Halloumi is so uncommon in the US.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Godot
Turkey Brioche:

This was actually really tasty. Not huge, but a very nice flavour, would definitely recommend.
My wife had this in T3 GF the other day and said similar, very impressive.

I had the burger, which seemed much improved on previous efforts! Wish I could say the same about the chips though.
Old Nov 5, 2016, 1:27 pm

Thanks MarkedMan, photos added.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 12:01 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
KARFA, please find the cheese plate photo attached.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 6, 2016, 1:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dylanks
KARFA, please find the cheese plate photo attached.
Mouldy cheese- certainly something I wouldn't want. The Red Leicester? looks like a decent chunk.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Mouldy cheese- certainly something I wouldn't want. The Red Leicester? looks like a decent chunk.
Mouldy cheese is very nice
Old Nov 6, 2016, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I had the mushroom on toast, lemon sole, cherry butter pudding, and new cheese plate yesterday.

The new cheeses were excellent and by the far by the best of the 4 dishes that I tried. The mushroom on toast was well-flavoured, but I think really belongs on the lounge menu; it's a bit rough and ready to be a starter on a full-dining menu (same issue I have with the charcuterie, as it happens). The lemon sole dish was mostly potato, and rather bland. Same for the dessert, which was not rich or buttery enough to really meet the criteria for a proper bread and butter pudding. A disappointing month again for me.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
JFK Concorde Room menu for November

1. Croque Madame - tiny but delicious (the egg is full sized)
2. Braised short ribs - again, absolutely delicious
3. The cheese plate - very nice

If only the London CCR could match this quality....
Attached Images     
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:04 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Looks lovely - much more appealing than the LHR CCR usual selection. Is the IAD menu always the same as JFK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.