Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:53 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
I've no issue with a slight pinkiness to pork but, in this case, the centre was practically raw. I didn't make an issue, just casually mentioned it to my server.
I'll hopefully upload the pics tomorrow, too busy enjoying the Grand Siecle🍾
If its in the IAD Concorde dining , I don't think there's any danger there of being pink or undercooked pork . It was clearly pre-prepared and re-heated when I was there a couple of weeks ago. And the steak too.
Pretty poor I thought, as did my guest.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
I've no issue with a slight pinkiness to pork but, in this case, the centre was practically raw. I didn't make an issue, just casually mentioned it to my server.
As promised, here are the photographs from yesterday:

Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: BA LifetimeGold GGL/CCR
Indeed very pink. I recommend to ask them to prepare your pork the same way as they cook the beef and then to ask for 'medium rare'. It will then come very well done as you want it for pork.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I had the pork dish and found it way too dry, the medallion was overcooked and the bacon so crispy it was hard and dry. The belly seemed re-heated and dry to me too. I much preferred the lamb from last month
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:29 am

While I did not take a picture of the menu, I would like to offer my view on the pre-flight dinner I had in the Concorde room at JFK last Monday night.

The room is certainly spacious, with several different seating arrangements. Nicely furnished. The place was not even half full.

To start I selected the coconut curry soup with rock shrimp. I asked how hot it was (from the spice standpoint). The reply: “slightly, just to bring out the flavors”. Well, that was true, partially. The soup tasted fine, most of the time. However, some spoonfuls were quite hot. How do you get uneven distribution of spice(s) in a soup? Shrimp was fine.

Picked arctic char for the main course. It had a slight, but noticeable, “fishy” smell. Asked for cabernet. (Yes, I know, cabernet with fish ... Sorry, for me the only wine is red wine). Its taste was quite strange, definitely not typical cabernet. Was served at room temperature, not at “cellar” temperature.

Warm chocolate cake for dessert was nice.
Requested brewed coffee. Got latte, wich was forgettable. Drank just some of it. (Might mention here that the coffee that I had on the plane at breakfast was quite nice).

Overall. the food was a disappointment. Expected more from the Concorde Room.

Service was excellent; attentive and courteous.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:25 am

They could at least remove the crab shells properly from the
Crab and squid ink tortellini
with lobster bisque!

Finding quite a few small pieces and one large (nearly a cm square) pieces didn't add to the dish at all.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal
with lobster bisque!

Finding quite a few small pieces and one large (nearly a cm square) pieces didn't add to the dish at all.
Odd. I had it yesterday and no evidence of shells.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Odd. I had it yesterday and no evidence of shells.
We sadly tend to have different experiences! I didn't grab any photos of the shells, but it did happen.
The filling and bisque were nice, but I found the pasta oddly overcooked.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:46 pm

We sadly tend to have different experiences! I didn't grab any photos of the shells, but it did happen.
The filling and bisque were nice, but I found the pasta oddly overcooked.
I have had it a few times over the last few weeks and the pasta has always been al dente - it is one of the dishes I like of the current menu. Also no shell pieces on any of the times I had it.

Did you raise the issue with the staff?
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA GGL
with lobster bisque!

I had the same last week. I mentioned to the manager on duty that evening.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I thought here was something crunchy in it the other day. No big deal, probes just a small tiny piece of shell and I did like the taste. On the other hand the texture was way overlooked, but then having lived in Italy I tend to avoid pasta in the UK.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I thought here was something crunchy in it the other day. No big deal, probes just a small tiny piece of shell and I did like the taste. On the other hand the texture was way overlooked, but then having lived in Italy I tend to avoid pasta in the UK.
I will definitely check thoroughly next time
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I will definitely check thoroughly next time
I had it thrice before (given I am usually hungry enough for two mains and two puddings no surprise), and had this potential issue only once, though not entirely sure it was a shell, given I just ate it anyways...
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:56 am

Did you raise the issue with the staff?
Why bother raising it? I've virtually given up on providing feedback to BA as they just ignore it.

I'm so disappointed in the CCR staff, they gossip about passengers in front of other customers, chat amongst themselves in front of customers.

I even busted them discussing my companions dietary choices in negative terms. If they were my staff, they'd be fired instantly.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
We both had the tortellini yesterday as a first course. I've been lucky to have it four times since early Sept, OH twice, lucky to get no shells, but I can see how this may be an issue. I'd buy picked crabmeat from time to time when I lived in SF from a local fishery, it happened. Whoever makes the tortellini (I am going to guess it is not the CCR staff) should sift through the meat for this, but it is sometimes really hard with very small piece. A bigger piece is more of a concern, I would agree.

Both of us grew up in Italy and both of us tend to avoid fresh pasta. It's a different textural ballgame from dried pasta and the whole concept of al dente is much more fluid, the stuff tends to be unforgiving and will turn to mush very quickly if not pulled out at the right time. My experience has been that they have tended to undercook a little, which is better, but obviously you can get shorted with the deal.

The pork was interesting. I seemed to be lucky enough to get properly cooked meat at good temperature. The small bit of loin was nicely seared outside, but a bit chewy - it can happen. Flavor was good and, per current trends, meat was on the medium to medium rare side. Suitably bathed in the very flavourful jus and with a piece of fat from the pork belly, a good dish. Could have used a slightly more substantial side, but I made do with some bread to properly soak up the jus. A good dish that works well with some of the more substantial whites and the red wines on the menu.

I am amazed at the popularity of pork belly these days, with the obsession for all to see with trimmed and fat-free meats everywhere. Would not put money on streaky bacon by the chunk being so popular. I love the stuff, but I can see that many will not if it is not served at good temperature as the fat will congeal quickly and make the whole thing a bit weird. It's ideal in a braise or under a heat lamp, to me it benefits from prolonged exposure to moisture and low heat. Seared that way, it is a bit risky.

Overall, I think this month's menu is a bit below last month's, mostly due to my own taste. I liked the tomatoes better than the current salad; I guess tomato season is over so whatever you served now would be far less tasty. I liked the pulled lamb a bit better than the pork, but obviously that is going to be a bit contentious, many did not appreciate that dish. I'll try the asian inspired dish on the bistro menu next time to compare to the chicken dish from last month when I am in next week. Just for completeness' sake.

Sweets remain a standout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.