Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by wanderer35
Do you tip if you eat dinner at the Concorde room, and how much? (JFK)
Although I think it is custom to tip in lounges for US airlines, it certainly isn't necessary for the CCR, so you certainly shouldn't feel there is ny need or expectation to do so.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:15 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Although I think it is custom to tip in lounges for US airlines, it certainly isn't necessary for the CCR, so you certainly shouldn't feel there is ny need or expectation to do so.
... but always very welcome if tips are offered.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:34 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... but always very welcome if tips are offered.
Indeed
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by hugolover
Hahaha pork starter and then 3x pork for mains.

There must be good deals on pork products at the moment .
Yes, and 3 white Burgundies (so Chardonnay) and 3 Bordeaux out of a choice of 4
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by wanderer35
Do you tip if you eat dinner at the Concorde room, and how much? (JFK)
I know some people do, I personally don't. However, I once brought a small present to the waitress who always seems to serve me there!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Well, that's one part (or two parts!) I won't complain about!!!
Old Oct 3, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
Do you perchance have a more detailed list of the current selection in the CCR? I can't see a particularly recent wine menu posted on here, and it would be nice to plan ahead for my next visit...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Do you perchance have a more detailed list of the current selection in the CCR? I can't see a particularly recent wine menu posted on here, and it would be nice to plan ahead for my next visit...
Have you had a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ne-thread.html? There might be some discussio in there.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:14 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Have you had a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ne-thread.html? There might be some discussio in there.
The thread above is duly updated with the current line up (5 October 2016).
Old Oct 5, 2016, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The thread above is duly updated with the current line up (5 October 2016).
Thank you very much indeed. That does look like a decent selection - and quite a lot of overlap with what has been available recently in GF.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Any update on the JFK/IAD Concorde Dining menu? I believe the last one posted is from June/July. I'm flying 292 tomorrow night (IAD) and was hoping for a sneak peek. If not, I will snap a few photos tomorrow night and post when I get a break.

Cheers!
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
The pork looks decidedly pink. I would have sent it back.
I've just had the trio of pork belly, fillet, pancetta.

I'll upload photos later but I enjoyed it with the exception of the fillet. I would have had no issue eating the pork fillet in the previous picture. However, I received something that, with a bit of encouragement, could have been oinking back in the pigsty. They apologised and said there had been complaints about the fillet being too tough. Fair enough, but I don't want to be riding the porcelain bus at 35000 feet.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
. However, I received something that, with a bit of encouragement, could have been oinking back in the pigsty. They apologised and said there had been complaints about the fillet being too tough. Fair enough, but I don't want to be riding the porcelain bus at 35000 feet.
Tricky one this. Pork can now be served pink fairly safely even though historically and culturally this has been deemed unacceptable. The main reason being trichinosis, which is associated with pink pork and used to be very prevalent. This can cause moderate food poisoning for many people, quite seriously so for a few consumers, while many people are asymptomatic. Nowdays, so long as the pork is from a good source, there is a good case for a rarer level of cooking, for precisely the same reason as doing so for lamb, beef and venison: it's can be tastier and a more delicate dish that tough beef (etc). Whilst trichinosis is very much present in some third world countries, it has all but been wiped out in the UK, northern Europe, USA over the last few decades, and in fact the risk level is much lower than (e.g.) modern poultry production, in general terms.

It's always been a bit of an issue for those of us involved in food production: generally we need consumers to be informed, yet there is also a public protection aspect too, and getting that balance is quite tricky. All I can say is that the USA, which bans raw milk (available in the UK and even some French supermarkets), does now allow pink pork and many restaurants there are prepared to offer this to their guests.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Tricky one this. Pork can now be served pink fairly safely even though historically and culturally this has been deemed unacceptable. The main reason being trichinosis, which is associated with pink pork and used to be very prevalent. This can cause moderate food poisoning for many people, quite seriously so for a few consumers, while many people are asymptomatic. Nowdays, so long as the pork is from a good source, there is a good case for a rarer level of cooking, for precisely the same reason as doing so for lamb, beef and venison: it's can be tastier and a more delicate dish that tough beef (etc). Whilst trichinosis is very much present in some third world countries, it has all but been wiped out in the UK, northern Europe, USA over the last few decades, and in fact the risk level is much lower than (e.g.) modern poultry production, in general terms.

It's always been a bit of an issue for those of us involved in food production: generally we need consumers to be informed, yet there is also a public protection aspect too, and getting that balance is quite tricky. All I can say is that the USA, which bans raw milk (available in the UK and even some French supermarkets), does now allow pink pork and many restaurants there are prepared to offer this to their guests.
I've no issue with a slight pinkiness to pork but, in this case, the centre was practically raw. I didn't make an issue, just casually mentioned it to my server.
I'll hopefully upload the pics tomorrow, too busy enjoying the Grand Siecle🍾
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:27 pm

The main reason being trichinosis, which is associated with pink pork and used to be very prevalent.
Actually, in many countries, I think that taenia was at least as much if not more of a concern that people historically associated with undercooked pork. But hey, ringworms, tapeworms, the more the merrier in the worm world I guess!

Fully agree with you that the sanitary concerns should not be overwhelming, that said, I am among the people who think that you need excellent pork for it to be good and not sickening when rare, and frankly, I do not think that this is what BA are interested in buying. Give me a rare secreto de iberico any day, or any pork good enough that you could almost compare it with a rose veal, but if it is an average or "just good" pork meat, I am unlikely to be very interested.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.