Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by bafan
Mozzarella salad on the CCR menu - is that a sign of enhancements to come...?
Would not say so, the quality of the mozzarella is really good, proper di bufala stuff, I was very pleased with it and hope it stays for a few months longer.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Would not say so, the quality of the mozzarella is really good, proper di bufala stuff, I was very pleased with it and hope it stays for a few months longer.
+1. It was there last month and quite good although I found the dressing a bit less exciting than could have been. I'd have it again.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprüngli Connaisseur
I'm looking forward to trying the lamb at the end of the month. And that Isle of Mull cheddar is one of my favorite cheeses, period. ^
Old Aug 6, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Today's JFK menu a little different from above.

Hmmm didn't work.. will try later with a laptop.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA
The salmon was nice, perhaps a little small on the portion size, but I suppose it is a starter. Lamb was nice and tasty.
This is my main CCR criticism these days I think, food quality I'm fairly satisfied with lately, but whilst they were never massive in the first place the starter and pudding courses seem to be getting almost comically small. I realise BA are trying to minimise waste given a lot of people will also eat on board, but it's a maximum three course comfort-style meal, not a seven course Michelin-stared tasting menu.

The starters in particular often seem to basically be an amuse bouche by another name (ironic given they no longer exist onboard).
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is my main CCR criticism these days I think, food quality I'm fairly satisfied with lately, but whilst they were never massive in the first place the starter and pudding courses seem to be getting almost comically small. I realise BA are trying to minimise waste given a lot of people will also eat on board, but it's a maximum three course comfort-style meal, not a seven course Michelin-stared tasting menu.

The starters in particular often seem to basically be an amuse bouche by another name (ironic given they no longer exist onboard).
I may be a dissenting voice here but I must say that I quite like the portion size. Starter, main, cheese, and dessert does it nicely for me, and if I ever feel peckish at the end, I have not had any issue ordering extra (which I have done with the freshly defunct brownie with salted caramel and baby choux twice!)

Paradoxically enough, I will eat less when I use the CCR as lounge before an F trip as I then typically want to eat onboard, and a full meal only if using it either through my CCR card or before connecting from an F trip (not least as I find the BA F onboard breakfast mediocre at best).

Incidentally, since much was said above on meat vs fish, I will admit that I often prefer fish before a flight. In fact, the QF F lounge focus is far more fish-centric (not least with often delicious raw fish starters) and I'd love BA to offer similar dishes!
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond

Replacement for the now missing Amuse Bouche in F.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:21 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I may be a dissenting voice here but I must say that I quite like the portion size. Starter, main, cheese, and dessert does it nicely for me, and if I ever feel peckish at the end, I have not had any issue ordering extra (which I have done with the freshly defunct brownie with salted caramel and baby choux twice!)

Paradoxically enough, I will eat less when I use the CCR as lounge before an F trip as I then typically want to eat onboard, and a full meal only if using it either through my CCR card or before connecting from an F trip (not least as I find the BA F onboard breakfast mediocre at best).

Incidentally, since much was said above on meat vs fish, I will admit that I often prefer fish before a flight. In fact, the QF F lounge focus is far more fish-centric (not least with often delicious raw fish starters) and I'd love BA to offer similar dishes!
Maybe I'm just greedy, but I think I have a fairly average appetite and don't find the CCR menu particularly filling at times. I'd rather eat a decent meal in the CCR though if possible and not have to worry about trying to eat a full meal on board.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Maybe I'm just greedy, but I think I have a fairly average appetite and don't find the CCR menu particularly filling at times. I'd rather eat a decent meal in the CCR though if possible and not have to worry about trying to eat a full meal on board.
But (unlike on board) it's very easy to order a second helping of anything that takes your fancy. Or you could make it a four-course or even five-course dinner if you like.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Just had the mozzarella, really tasty and nice. It isn't a salad in the traditional sense, it is a row of mozzarella on a rectangle plate with some peas and dressing... I.e. It's mainly just Mozzarella.

I would have taken a photo but I'm easily embarrassed about taking pictures of what I'm eating when the dining room is quite busy

Was hoping to meet KARFA later but I'll just miss you as I'm on the earlier Manchester flight. I also flew from Madrid but that was earlier too!
Old Aug 7, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
So what do you guys reckon, red snapper or lamb?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Just had the mozzarella, really tasty and nice. It isn't a salad in the traditional sense, it is a row of mozzarella on a rectangle plate with some peas and dressing... I.e. It's mainly just Mozzarella.

I would have taken a photo but I'm easily embarrassed about taking pictures of what I'm eating when the dining room is quite busy

Was hoping to meet KARFA later but I'll just miss you as I'm on the earlier Manchester flight. I also flew from Madrid but that was earlier too!
I just had two mozerella for the first time. I really like it, the lemon olive oil really adds to the dish I think. Red snapper next - I haven't had it even though it has been on for a while.

Sorry I missed you. The flight I was supposed to be on from MAD got cancelled in the end so I was put on a later one and got to LHR at 1820 at a C gate unfortunately. For a change up to MAN today as I needed a late northbound flight, and a drive back to Leeds after.

Hopefully we'll meet each other next time
Old Aug 7, 2016, 2:00 pm

Hmm I get the impression that the CCR menu is being enhanced. Looks to me that the new menu consists of very cheap ingredients e.g. Pressed shoulder of lamb is one of the cheapest cuts of lamb you can buy. If you then combine this with the portion size which is small and getting smaller perhaps from the comments.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Hmm I get the impression that the CCR menu is being enhanced. Looks to me that the new menu consists of very cheap ingredients e.g. Pressed shoulder of lamb is one of the cheapest cuts of lamb you can buy. If you then combine this with the portion size which is small and getting smaller perhaps from the comments.
Quite. I don't think a mozzarella salad is particularly premium or cutting edge...
Old Aug 7, 2016, 4:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by bafan
Quite. I don't think a mozzarella salad is particularly premium or cutting edge...
No, but the quality is good and tastes delicious:
Attached Images     

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.