Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
Note, some, but not all, links in this Wiki are temporarily not working or pointing to the wrong place, this will be sorted within the next few days.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. It also gives the menu used in the First Dining Room in LHR T3 after 18:30 hrs for First passengers. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier is BaxterStorey, who took over the contract on 2 May 2013.

The current catering options in the LHR CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here.

There are also photo guides (updated with December menu) which you can see in the following linked posts:
Concorde Room (CCR) at JFK
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #759 - December 2016 - thanks to crazyanglaisy
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #702 - November 2016 - thanks to Ned1968
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #382 - July 2016 - thanks to tia2013
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #358 - June 2016 - thanks to VSLover
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #312 - May 2016 - thanks to Madge Ishen
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #266 - May 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #252 - April 2016 - thanks to El_Duderito
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #172 - March 2016 - thanks to chris1979
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #111 - February 2016 - thanks to xenole
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #45 - January 2016 - thanks to scillyisles
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2016 post #3 - January 2016 - thanks to KARFA
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #539 of the 2015 thread - November 2015 - thanks to golfmad
Concorde Room (CCR) JFK: menu 2015 post #404 of the 2015 thread - September 2015 - thanks to KARFA

Concorde Dining Room at IAD
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - current menu is the same as JFK CCR, see link above for menu from April 2015.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2016

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GFL, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Oh you tease! Can you photo and add it? Or even type it up?
I have a photo of the menu on my other phone; I'll see if I can master adding this on my mobile. If not, I'll drunkenly type up later.
Still getting over the shock of a Lurkerwilf-less Tuesday- it was very calm 😉
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Silk Cut
I have a photo of the menu on my other phone; I'll see if I can master adding this on my mobile. If not, I'll drunkenly type up later.
Still getting over the shock of a Lurkerwilf-less Tuesday- it was very calm 😉
Goodness - I hope he's OK. But yes please, any update would be much appreciated since I'm in the USA this week.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:37 pm

Voila! Sorry the cheese has been cut.
The staff told me that LW appeared yesterday, probably to catch them out ��

Last edited by Silk Cut; Nov 1, 2016 at 1:41 pm Reason: Duplication
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:40 pm

Voila! Sorry that the cheese has been cut.

The staff told me that LW appeared yesterday, possibly
to catch them out 😀
Attached Images  
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Pumpkin ravioli sounds nice but as a starter and like the sound of the lemon sole and the pudding, but mushroom on toast? blah...

Sadly nothing strange about the pork staying: all dishes stay two months (menu rotated by half) so the pork barely reached mid-life crisis!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Voila! Sorry that the cheese has been cut.

The staff told me that LW appeared yesterday, possibly
to catch them out ��
Perhaps you can type the cheese - that's changed from last month. But many thanks for that technical feat, which eludes some of my fellow ambassadors! I guess LW got fog-shifted.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Ah, so disappointing that I am not there this evening. Am in London and awaiting my train at KGX. However, whilst sat in the seminar this afternoon I was toying with getting an RFS to the last flight to MAN until I had remembered I bought two bottles of whisky earlier on and wouldn't get them through security. At least they will keep me company on the train home.

Last edited by KARFA; Nov 1, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Perhaps you can type the cheese - that's changed from last month. But many thanks for that technical feat, which eludes some of my fellow ambassadors! I guess LW got fog-shifted.
Sorry CWS, I'm on board now and don't have any further info re the cheese.

That ravioli was OK; I prefer a sauce for such things.
I don't mind seeing the pork again; after the first time when it still had a pulse, it's nice if you ask them to cook it well done (sounds ridiculous but hey).
I am no longer a Luddite, just a crap photographer....
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Here's a photo of the croquettes (large, may need a bit of massaging): http://67.media.tumblr.com/7b7335be2...g9qo2_1280.jpg
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks El_Duderito. Now added. I don't know why I haven't tried them tbh, they look quite nice.

Sadly no flying for me for a few weeks now so I will have to wait until late in November to try anything on the new menu.
These croquettes were in GF menu in September or October, really nothing special. Okay when enhanced with cheddar cheese from the cold buffet.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah, so disappointing that I am not there this evening. Am in London and awaiting my train at KGX. However, whilst sat in the seminar this afternoon I was toying with getting an RFS to the last flight to MAN until I had bought two bottles of whisky earlier on and wouldn't get them through security. At least they will keep me company on the train home.
It's a lottery these days; I saw 2 women being allowed to bring through a clear non-conforming wash bag this evening, containing volumes of
Liquids that would keep me in hair product for life.
I also saw a young couple who fell foul of SFO putting booze in a poppet-sealed bag and who had it confiscated- I was that angry soldier 2 years ago
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

After silk cut's valiant efforts at recording the November menu, we need a further community minded volunteer to find out:

- the cheese menu on the Dining menu
- the lounge menu for November

Any intelligence gratefully received. For the record the September Concorde Room T5 Dining menu was:

Starters

- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Springs Smokery salmon
with horseradish mascarpone cream

- Mezze plattter (new)
featuring baba ghanoush, red pepper hummus, artichoke caviar, Khobez bread and grilled vegetables

Main courses

- Pressed shoulder of West Country lamb
with samphire and flageolet beans and sweet redcurrant jus.

- Heirloom tomato salad
with Blue Monday cheese and buttermilk dressing

- Crab and squid ink tortellini
with lobster bisque

- Spanish style potato and manchego croquette
with piquillo pepper coulis and baby wild roquet

Desserts

- Chocolate and raspberry torte
with mixed berry compôte and raspberry tuile

- Mango and passionfruit dome
with raspberry tuile

- Seasonal fruit salad
with fruit syrup.

Cheese Plate

Isle of Mull Cheddar
From award winning cheesemakers Geoff and Brendan Reade on the Isle of Mull, this cheddar is traditionally handmade using unpasteurised milk from the family's herd of Friesian cows. Occasionally, naturally blue veins can develop in the cheese during maturation.

Cooleeney
Handmade Irish cheese in the style of Camembert, made by Jim and Brenda Maher in Co. Tipperary. Made with high quality pasteurised cow's milk from their own Friesian herd. It has a rich, semi-liquid interior with a soft, velvety texture and a smooth, robust mushroomy flavour.

Milleens
The aroma of Milleens is all about farmyards, wet rocks and heather. This soft-rind cheese is firm yet supple, with hints of butter, herbs and cream, and the sweet-sour taste associated with genuine Trappist cheeses. Norman and Veronica Steele make Milleens with pasteurised milk from Friesian cows.
For the record the September Lounge menu was:

- BA Burger
British Aberdeen Angus beef, a milk-glazed roll, tomato and onion salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Club sandwich
Chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with Kettle chips. Choose toasted granary or white bread.

- Warm brie ciabatta (new)
With cranberry jelly, candied walnuts and wild rocket

- Heirloom tomato salad
with Blue Monday cheese and buttermilk dressing

- Chicken laksa
with steamed rice, tomato, cucumber, red onion, coconut shavings and mustard seeds.
For the record the October Dining menu was:

Starters
- Soup of the day
Please ask your host for today's choice of soup, served with freshly baked breads.

- Somerset charcuterie
with home pickled quail egg, Beauvale cheese and damson jelly.

- Mezze plattter (new)
featuring baba ghanoush, red pepper hummus, artichoke caviar, Khobez bread and grilled vegetables

Main courses

- Trio of pork
with apple and celeriac purée, roasted heritage carrots and heather honey jus.

- Crab and squid ink tortellini
with lobster bisque

- Grilled halloumi salad
with orange, baby spinach, mint and toasted pine kernels.

Desserts

- Millionaire shortbread galette
with praline crème anglaise.

- Mango and passionfruit dome
with raspberry tuile

- Seasonal fruit salad
with fruit syrup.

Cheese Plate

Isle of Mull Cheddar
From award winning cheesemakers Geoff and Brendan Reade on the Isle of Mull, this cheddar is traditionally handmade using unpasteurised milk from the family's herd of Friesian cows. Occasionally, naturally blue veins can develop in the cheese during maturation.

Cooleeney
Handmade Irish cheese in the style of Camembert, made by Jim and Brenda Maher in Co. Tipperary. Made with high quality pasteurised cow's milk from their own Friesian herd. It has a rich, semi-liquid interior with a soft, velvety texture and a smooth, robust mushroomy flavour.

Milleens
The aroma of Milleens is all about farmyards, wet rocks and heather. This soft-rind cheese is firm yet supple, with hints of butter, herbs and cream, and the sweet-sour taste associated with genuine Trappist cheeses. Norman and Veronica Steele make Milleens with pasteurised milk from Friesian cows.
For the record the October Lounge menu was:

- BA Burger
British Aberdeen Angus beef, a milk-glazed roll, tomato and onion salsa, baby gem lettuce, cherry tomatoes and dill pickle, accompanied by twice-cooked chips. Ask your host if you would like to add crispy back bacon or mature English Cheddar.

- Club sandwich
Chicken breast, sweet-cured back bacon, egg mayonnaise, tomato and lettuce, served with Kettle chips. Choose toasted granary or white bread.

- Warm brie ciabatta
With cranberry jelly, candied walnuts and wild rocket

- Grilled halloumi salad
with orange, baby spinach, mint and toasted pine kernels.

- Beef Nadan
with steamed rice, tomato, cucumber, red onion, coconut shavings and mustard seeds.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 1, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:03 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Anyone in IAD CCR soon to check out the menu there? I am looking forward to a visit on the 15th 😎
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's a lottery these days; I saw 2 women being allowed to bring through a clear non-conforming wash bag this evening, containing volumes of
Liquids that would keep me in hair product for life.
I also saw a young couple who fell foul of SFO putting booze in a poppet-sealed bag and who had it confiscated- I was that angry soldier 2 years ago
I don't have the necessary levels of charm to get away with that sadly. No real world flying for me for nearly three weeks now.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GLA
Anyone in IAD CCR soon to check out the menu there? I am looking forward to a visit on the 15th 😎
In the unlikely case nobody provides that before, I'll be visiting a few days before you and will gladly post it if I remember!
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:29 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by orbitmic
In the unlikely case nobody provides that before, I'll be visiting a few days before you and will gladly post it if I remember!
Thanks! 👍

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.