Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by Jagboi
I generally agree, an amount for immediate personal consumption should be fine. Obviously 20 cans of beer exceeds that threshold, but one is reasonable for an onward flight/wait at the gate.
Speak for yourself. Given that cans now have a wider opening than yesteryear you can now enjoy a beer much quicker. Also there is a party trick where you pierce the bottom of the can, put it to your mouth and pull the pin. It is known as a “shotgun” and will impress your friends although mentioning “shotgun” in the confines of an airport may not be advisable. So, with this in mind the amount for immediate personal consumption can be greatly increased.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
My experience is when someone uses "woke," "cancel culture," or "virtue signaling," they are losing the argument.
But that's fine, because if you're arguments are being debunked one by one you simply return to the thread and pretend it was all a joke.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:09 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dougzz
But that's fine, because if you're arguments are being debunked one by one you simply return to the thread and pretend it was all a joke.
Were they "debunked one-by-one".....would you also like to comment that over the last few days there are a surprising number of people that seemed to be in full agreement that it was perfectly acceptable to take a nibbled croissant out. I think quite a few on here even admitting to taking another item out too.....shock-horror eh dougzz?

Anyway, this morning in the LGW lounge I pretended I also was holier-than-thou too. So with a broad smile I again reverted to asking the BA Agent on desk on the way out if the croissant in my hand was breaking either a) any criminal law or b) any BA rule. It certainly seemed to brighten her day and she answered with a surprised grin, "What"?? No, of course not, why are you asking"?

So the growth of this ridiculous Virtue Signaling is (thankfully) not a trait that we all have succumbed to.

But we must all never forget the wise words from yesterday, "theft is theft"
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:21 am
BOH

Have you not worked out yet that post #558 was tongue-in-cheek? Seriously??
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BOH

Anyway, this morning in the LGW lounge I pretended I also was holier-than-thou too. So with a broad smile I again reverted to asking the BA Agent on desk on the way out if the croissant in my hand was breaking either a) any criminal law or b) any BA rule.
How big was it?

Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:44 am
BOH

Originally Posted by HIDDY
How big was it?

I'm not sure what shocks me more HIDDY? The sheer size of your huge croissant....or that you are wearing Dungarees in 2022??? Surely not still fashionable in Argentina?
HIDDY and Mercinator007 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 8:48 am

Quite true because, when someone is arguing that theft is not theft, they run out of arguments very quickly and start making up excuses, throwing out buzzwords, and trying to laugh it off. It is a time-honored tradition, repeated many times.

But it is still fun to watch.
HMPS and dougzz like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The CCR is table service so the opportunity to commit theft is drastically reduced. On that point, there used to be a couple of bottles of unopened champagne placed near the entrance to the CCR, That has stopped because the LPGS was regularly stolen.
I never knew that . I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Thankfully for my liver, we don't drink LPGS anymore, Miss L and co, at the bar, used to give us a tad too much ☺️
Old Oct 13, 2022, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The CCR is table service so the opportunity to commit theft is drastically reduced. On that point, there used to be a couple of bottles of unopened champagne placed near the entrance to the CCR, That has stopped because the LPGS was regularly stolen.
"Theft is theft", - some claim. 😑 Some little cubicles offer the perfect cover for cheese appropriation. Or sandwich snaffling. Perhaps a big fat CCR sign would have prevented LPGS larceny. I jest, of course, as the topic amuses me.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:30 pm

“Theft is theft” —- a tautology (a statement that is true by necessity or by virtue of its logical form).

”An acceptable level of theft”. —- an oxymoron (a phrase that is internally inconsistent or incongruous).

Pick one.
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 5:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I'm in a quandary about this thread?
One part of me is amused and the other doesn’t forgive the level of frustration that a post like this causes.
It should have been stopped about 300 posts ago, or never started!

BOH Unfortunately I haven't flown from Gatwick for many a year. If I need to travel anywhere other than London I depart from Dublin with its easy access and lack of APD and transfer elsewhere.
HMPS likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 4:03 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Stormbel

BOH Unfortunately I haven't flown from Gatwick for many a year. If I need to travel anywhere other than London I depart from Dublin with its easy access and lack of APD and transfer elsewhere.
The BA Gatters lounge is really nice, much nicer since the move to the South terminal about 5 years ago. Seems more tranquil than the ones in T5
Old Oct 14, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by BOH
The BA Gatters lounge is really nice, much nicer since the move to the South terminal about 5 years ago. Seems more tranquil than the ones in T5
A different class of customer at LGW I think!
BOH, T8191, fnl111 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
“Theft is theft” —- a tautology (a statement that is true by necessity or by virtue of its logical form).

”An acceptable level of theft”. —- an oxymoron (a phrase that is internally inconsistent or incongruous).

Pick one.
Too funny that you provided definitions for tautology and oxymoron.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 2:57 pm

I fill my chilly bottle with hot water
Is that theft?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.