Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
We very possibly have!
I have been known to get merry and find other merry people in the lounges. My favourite of course is the 4 lounge crawl at T3 (sadly only 3 lounge last time as AA refused me telling me to go to BA instead, surely I wasn't that drunk?).
I could not possibly comment as to whether a can or three has fallen into my bag on the way out of lounge 🤣
The T3 lounge crawl is great! I did it last year with a good friend who is as fond of a few bevvies as I am. He also happened to have a gold card which got us into the better lounges. We turned up hours early and started with half a dozen civilised pints in the QF lounge and then had lunch and a few Tsingtaos (at least I think they were Tsingtaos) at CX. After that we bypassed AA (somehow I've never actually been into that lounge) and moved on to BA for the real carnage. We just installed ourselves on the sofas and got into the free pour bubbly. I think we probably drank more between us than our flights cost! After god knows how long in there totally lost track of time and very nearly missed our flight.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
The T3 lounge crawl is great! I did it last year with a good friend who is as fond of a few bevvies as I am. He also happened to have a gold card which got us into the better lounges. We turned up hours early and started with half a dozen civilised pints in the QF lounge and then had lunch and a few Tsingtaos (at least I think they were Tsingtaos) at CX. After that we bypassed AA (somehow I've never actually been into that lounge) and moved on to BA for the real carnage. We just installed ourselves on the sofas and got into the free pour bubbly. I think we probably drank more between us than our flights cost! After god knows how long in there totally lost track of time and very nearly missed our flight.
How classy….
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
How classy….
Indeed. It's bad enough sitting for hours on a plane half-cut but then to land and have to queue and go through immigration like that, couldn't think of anything worse. I like a couple of drinks on my flight, but stopped drinking in the lounge a long time ago.
Genius1 and 86BA7 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:39 am

Sounds vile. No offence
PUCCI GALORE, Genius1 and 86BA7 like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
If I was 21 with status I might have indulged a bit..
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
If I was 21 with status I might have indulged a bit..
Oh to be 21 again… with or without status!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Indeed. It's bad enough sitting for hours on a plane half-cut but then to land and have to queue and go through immigration like that, couldn't think of anything worse. I like a couple of drinks on my flight, but stopped drinking in the lounge a long time ago.
Most flights I take are long enough to sober up.
I am turning up to the airport early enough to enjoy the lounges (in singapore mainly QF F or QR business). One does not drink beer but only quality wine, champagne or cocktails. One will be tipsy but clear enough to walk to the gate (on time, without assistance) and board the flight without raising too many eyebrows.

Last week in Bangkok I had a sparking wine at CX, they ran out of champagne and the bubbles were not to my liking, moved to QR and had a great champagne followed by an espresso martini. I wanted to close it off with a double baileys but they misunderstood and made an espresso martini based on baileys and vodka. Unfortunately this was all in about 1 hour… one still got to ones flight 2 hours later at KUL immigration I was sober as can be and going the business priority queue.

I do feel that eating and drinking in the lounge is fair game until the intake makes you a nuisance to others. Pilfering (stealing from the lounge to use outside) should be limited to some candies or a can of (soft)drinks. Nothing substantial.

Globalist
Old Dec 22, 2023, 12:20 pm

Sounds great!
I've had similar.
Another great lounge crawl is the star run over at T2.
I usually do the T3 run when I fly AY over to HEL. I've gone through immigration at HEL and barely remembered it.
​​​​​
Grey Nomad likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Oh to be 21 again… with or without status!
I'm 63 and I can't be bothered with status.

Originally Posted by chriswiles
You should have seen my mate trying to get through immigration at HEL - he's a brit and he had to go through the non citizens queue. Fortunately for me I'm an Irishman and I sailed right through.

Originally Posted by Globalist

Last week in Bangkok I had a sparking wine at CX, they ran out of champagne and the bubbles were not to my liking, moved to QR and had a great champagne followed by an espresso martini. I wanted to close it off with a double baileys but they misunderstood and made an espresso martini based on baileys and vodka. Unfortunately this was all in about 1 hour… one still got to ones flight 2 hours later at KUL immigration I was sober as can be and going the business priority queue.

Globalist
I enjoy the espresso martinis in the Concorde Room when treat myself to F
seanp7 and Simon Schus like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT
You nearly had me - for a moment there I thought this was serious. I mean, nobody actually behaves like this, right? Outside a freshers week toga party.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
You nearly had me - for a moment there I thought this was serious. I mean, nobody actually behaves like this, right? Outside a freshers week toga party.
Are you based in the UK? I take it you aren't 🤣
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Personally, I wait on the BA planes until everyone has left and then steal them and sell them to Ryanair.
It all started with me taking 2 cans of diet coke from the BA Lounge...
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by timlewis808
Personally, I wait on the BA planes until everyone has left and then steal them and sell them to Ryanair.
It all started with me taking 2 cans of diet coke from the BA Lounge...
That would explain why I've never seen a BA 737!!!
You nicked them and flogged them to Mr O'Leary on the cheap!!!!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by DIRECT MERIT
There's nothing like an 8 hour layover in T3 as ow emerald!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
Are you based in the UK? I take it you aren't 🤣
You obviously ask that because toga parties at University are an American thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.