Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by drone72
Was in the Flounge on Wednesday, someone packed what looked like three full englishes into a ziplock bag - why would anyone who is lucky enough to have access to an airport lounge do something like this??!????
​​​​​​
On so many levels yuck to this. I hope it bursts all over there bag

They probably travel with Tupperware so they can get lunch from the breakfast buffet.
RockyRobin, drone72 and DXB2745 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 9:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Talking

Was in the Flounge on Wednesday, someone packed what looked like three full englishes into a ziplock bag - why would anyone who is lucky enough to have access to an airport lounge do something like this??!????
Dog food shortage following Brexit?
JFK2World likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Vile. I would also be praying they weren't sitting next to me / near me on my ex-LHR flight, pulling out said ziplock.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:02 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by MrsW
Your post reminded me of what I saw on a recent Sofia flight. My son and I were in 1A/C. I watched the passenger in 1D drain her champagne glass, take her bag from the overhead locker, pack the champagne glass away then pop the bag back up. Who would want a CE glass, they are so small. I leaned over and asked her if she needed mine as well. She had the good grace to blush and decline. I returned it to the cabin crew in the usual way.
Well done Madame! The nerve of some people beggars belief, Your real handle here should be Nemesis.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:08 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
So basically he takes food and turns into something not fit for a pig. I hope that he was if I may mix metaphores - as sick as a dog. That is disgusting - no - disgusting does not even come close. That is utterly vile.I suppose that he pinched the cutlery for good measure in order to gobble it up. I hope that the bag burst.
tmac100, drone72 and DXB2745 like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
So basically he takes food and turns into something not fit for a pig. I hope that he was if I may mix metaphores - as sick as a dog. That is disgusting - no - disgusting does not even come close. That is utterly vile.I suppose that he pinched the cutlery for good measure in order to gobble it up. I hope that the bag burst.
😂😂😂 said in typical Pucci style
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Said it before - the utter disbelief- food, crisps, beer, mixer cans etc….
I’m more likely to eat at the fortnum bar these days
BA or bust likes this.

Last edited by Telecasterman; Apr 19, 2024 at 12:29 pm
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I hope that the bag burst.
Hopefully after the flight - for the sake of his seatmates 😅! But totally agree, I was lost for words when I saw it. Maybe, just maybe, he was taking samples on behalf of the food safety agency (but let’s be realistic, most probably not)!
PUCCI GALORE and tmac100 like this.
Old May 25, 2024, 4:18 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS), matched to AZ Volare Premium, AF & SQ nobody
Currently in the BA Lounge at GVA awaiting my IB flight back to MAD (funny enough when I was here last February 2023, they turned me away saying IB had its own contract lounge – no issues today).

Some bloke and his son spotted taking 3 cans of Coke from the fridge to go. One of the local staff who'd just walked out of the kitchen started very loudly making remarks, in English, about (paraphrased) "BA must be so cheap on board if people are taking these things", not in a particularly nice manner, before a sarcastic "enjoy your flight". I think it was rather lost on the passengers involved, who appeared to not be British.

Last edited by chacor; May 25, 2024 at 12:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.