Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:01 am
  #616  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by AviosTreasureHunter
Sounds great!
I've had similar.
Another great lounge crawl is the star run over at T2.
I usually do the T3 run when I fly AY over to HEL. I've gone through immigration at HEL and barely remembered it.
​​​​​
What is it about that HEL flight? Every time I take it it seems to be basically a flying pub.
86BA7 and AviosTreasureHunter like this.
Grey Nomad is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:08 am
  #617  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 18,734
Originally Posted by Grey Nomad
The T3 lounge crawl is great! I did it last year with a good friend who is as fond of a few bevvies as I am. He also happened to have a gold card which got us into the better lounges. We turned up hours early and started with half a dozen civilised pints in the QF lounge and then had lunch and a few Tsingtaos (at least I think they were Tsingtaos) at CX. After that we bypassed AA (somehow I've never actually been into that lounge) and moved on to BA for the real carnage. We just installed ourselves on the sofas and got into the free pour bubbly. I think we probably drank more between us than our flights cost! After god knows how long in there totally lost track of time and very nearly missed our flight.
The T5 crawl is also good if flying F We did a drink in all of :-

GC (N)
GC (S)
GF
CCR
GC (B)

Actually, 2 drinks in the GF as there was a pop-up cocktail bar (maybe 10 years ago).

And probably more than 2 in the CCR.

Followed by an F flight to LAS, and a few more drinks on arrival at the Cosmopoliton.

Up at 7 the following morning fresh as a daisy for a massive breakfast and the drive to Los Angeles.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:13 am
  #618  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 20
I have no problem helping myself to a few extra bits to take on the plane & onward travel with me.
Saves bothering the busy flight attendant
15 hour long haul & only 2 meals acceptable?
Eggtastico is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:07 am
  #619  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Singapore
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 36
Considering they have takeaway cups in the lounges for coffees/teas they must not see an issue with you taking something whats the difference between taking a coffee or two and a coke/beer!
JABs is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2023, 11:35 am
  #620  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 909
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You obviously ask that because toga parties at University are an American thing.
it was a staple at University of Bath!
Simon Schus is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2023, 4:18 pm
  #621  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: LON, between FAB and EGTD
Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Posts: 880
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
You obviously ask that because toga parties at University are an American thing.
Ain't nothing new. Ask Caligula.
tjcxx is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 9:33 am
  #622  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Programs: BA bucket and spade Gold
Posts: 30
This afternoon in GF, a gentleman put three cans of brews of brewdog in his backpack (not very subtly). When challenged by one of the staff, he returned one to the fridge - then was told to drink the others up or put them back too - which he did.
Ive seen far more liberated from the lounge during other visits. I dont know whether this particular chap was unlucky or that consumption in the lounge only is being more strictly enforced these days. Certainly stopped me from acquiring a packet of crisps!
Markie and tigertanaka like this.
Jeffek is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:13 pm
  #623  
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 415
Originally Posted by Jeffek
This afternoon in GF, a gentleman put three cans of brews of brewdog in his backpack (not very subtly). When challenged by one of the staff, he returned one to the fridge - then was told to drink the others up or put them back too - which he did.
Ive seen far more liberated from the lounge during other visits. I dont know whether this particular chap was unlucky or that consumption in the lounge only is being more strictly enforced these days. Certainly stopped me from acquiring a packet of crisps!
It certainly sounds like there is more enforcement now. I may or may not have had the odd can "to go" on occasions. I would love to know who was responsible for the 36 Heinekens mentioned earlier though!
Grey Nomad is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 12:31 pm
  #624  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Posts: 165
At the end of November I was in Gatwick Club lounge at 6 am and watched a gentlemen collect a succession of glasses of sparking wine. Curious I then realised he was fairly subtly filling a lemonade bottle up in his backpack plus a good collection of packets of crisps. Clearly preparing for a short hop somewhere! Will have been noisy to sit next too though.
JABs likes this.
Amlb is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 3:35 pm
  #625  
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: North East London
Programs: BA Exec Gold
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by Jeffek
This afternoon in GF, a gentleman put three cans of brews of brewdog in his backpack (not very subtly). When challenged by one of the staff, he returned one to the fridge - then was told to drink the others up or put them back too - which he did.
Ive seen far more liberated from the lounge during other visits. I dont know whether this particular chap was unlucky or that consumption in the lounge only is being more strictly enforced these days. Certainly stopped me from acquiring a packet of crisps!
The thing is that taking your own alcohol on flights is very much forbidden anyway (well I know in the US it is, not so sure internationally) - so I am not sure they would be as bothered by crisps or soft drinks.
timlewis808 is online now  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:28 pm
  #626  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 1,406
Originally Posted by timlewis808
The thing is that taking your own alcohol on flights is very much forbidden anyway (well I know in the US it is, not so sure internationally) - so I am not sure they would be as bothered by crisps or soft drinks.
Not forbidden on BA!
fruitcage is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 4:37 pm
  #627  
 
Join Date: Nov 2023
Location: North East London
Programs: BA Exec Gold
Posts: 328
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Not forbidden on BA!
Yeah and of course I meant drinking your own alcohol on planes, not just taking it - as that would kill the duty free industry...

It does seem googling to be only a FAA regulation, though apparently it applies to US airlines flying anywhere. So don't crack open that can of Brewdog you stole from the Galleries lounge on an AA flight out of Heathrow.
timlewis808 is online now  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 6:22 pm
  #628  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Posts: 3,890
Originally Posted by Amlb
At the end of November I was in Gatwick Club lounge at 6 am and watched a gentlemen collect a succession of glasses of sparking wine. Curious I then realised he was fairly subtly filling a lemonade bottle up in his backpack plus a good collection of packets of crisps. Clearly preparing for a short hop somewhere! Will have been noisy to sit next too though.
That is just sad and pathetic
londonba2014 and PGberkshire like this.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:37 pm
  #629  
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 18,734
Originally Posted by timlewis808
Yeah and of course I meant drinking your own alcohol on planes, not just taking it - as that would kill the duty free industry...
You can drink your own booze on BA.
DYKWIA is offline  
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:50 pm
  #630  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Posts: 19,966
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
You can drink your own booze on BA.
OK
I wont assume that everywhere - CX for instance wont let you drink your own booze, because they want to keep tabs on how much youve had.

I sat near a couple of Japanese travellers who (rather over-enthusiastically in my view) brought six cans of mixers aboard.

Obviously the FA saw the stash and asked them not to drink it, promising to serve them alcohol in the pre-meal drink and during the meal.
tmac100 likes this.
percysmith is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.