Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Old Oct 10, 2022, 11:17 pm

Nothing wrong with grabbing a quick drink and snack as you dash to your flight if you are running late but otherwise this thread clearly shows that many frequent flyers have a very unhealthy and a rebellious student diet based on what is being lifted in large volumes from the lounge - alcohol, crisps and factory canned drinks. All thats missing is a pot noodle.
Tobias-UK, SxMan and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 12:41 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Door5L
Nothing wrong with grabbing a quick drink and snack as you dash to your flight if you are running late but otherwise this thread clearly shows that many frequent flyers have a very unhealthy and a rebellious student diet based on what is being lifted in large volumes from the lounge - alcohol, crisps and factory canned drinks. All that’s missing is a pot noodle.
....and a Heinz Big Soup
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Lucky you all guys, there is nothing which can be taken from the CCR
rt23456p likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:48 am
BOH

Originally Posted by LondonAussie
So this topic seems to have got quite heated and personal, not really sure why, and I don't want to inflame things further but I am curious why take-away from the lounge is the one rule we draw the line on?

Because in other threads, people are told to try their luck boarding with Group 1 even if they're not eligible. Then there's the encouragement to dump your luggage in the first available overhead bin, even if that displaces others and forces them to stow theirs several rows behind. Then I got told I was a fool for waiting for the captain to turn off the seatbelt sign before jumping up first to collect said bags - the crew won't stop me apparently so it's ok. But taking a muffin from the lounge, no, that's clearly unacceptable...
.....not forgetting the ex-EU fiddle of purchasing a J/F ticket at a vastly reduced cost by deliberately switching your originating airport to out of the UK. And then completing the fiddle by not taking the final leg at the end back to the airport the journey started from. I recall this is against the BA T&Cs of sale.

This ex-EU fiddle is widely condoned on this board whilst consuming a small item of food or drink outside of a BA lounge is considered by many to be the crime of the century. C'est la vie
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by BOH
.....not forgetting the ex-EU fiddle of purchasing a J/F ticket at a vastly reduced cost by deliberately switching your originating airport to out of the UK. And then completing the fiddle by not taking the final leg at the end back to the airport the journey started from. I recall this is against the BA T&Cs of sale.

This ex-EU fiddle is widely condoned on this board whilst consuming a small item of food or drink outside of a BA lounge is considered by many to be the crime of the century. C'est la vie
I cannot see how the two situations are comparable; there is no financial loss to BA of someone not taking the final leg of the trip.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DelTroon
I cannot see how the two situations are comparable; there is no financial loss to BA of someone not taking the final leg of the trip.
And taking any trip on a fare offered by the airline and accepted by the passenger does not expose the purchaser/traveller to any possible criminal sanction irrespective of the motive behind booking such an itinerary. If the last sector is dropped that becomes a contractual matter, not a criminal one.
Stormbel, Geordie405 and DelTroon like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:15 am
BOH

....and the financial loss to BA of someone taking a packet of crisps, can of coke, sandwich etc from the lounge is how much? Given the pax would often have consumed it in the lounge if they hadn't taken it out?
BlueThroughCrimp and rt23456p like this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
.. there is no financial loss to BA of someone not taking the final leg of the trip.
The BA revenue protection brigade might not agree with you.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by BOH

If it's an early flight I will also take a croissant to have later on the plane, simply because having breakfast at 06:30 is way too early for me.

To me it is taking food that I am entitled to have due to having lounge access - but consuming it at a time that better suits me.
Do you bring your own Tupperware too or just wrap it in kitchen foil?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
...about wrapping

...two weeks ago I was in the CX F Lounge at T3 and witnessed a passenger wrapping canapes, cakes and biscuits in napkins and placing all that in his backpack.
He made a number journeys to the buffet - probably nicked about 20 pieces in total. After his last trip he also pulled out of his jeans 4 (four!) cans of something and placed them in his backpack too.

He was not in a rush, in fact he then kept eating and stayed in the lounge for at least one more hour.

How peasant is that?
PGberkshire likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It’s a bit of ‘all fur coat and no knickers’.
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:32 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Door5L
Nothing wrong with grabbing a quick drink and snack as you dash to your flight if you are running late but otherwise this thread clearly shows that many frequent flyers have a very unhealthy and a rebellious student diet based on what is being lifted in large volumes from the lounge - alcohol, crisps and factory canned drinks. All thats missing is a pot noodle.
The lounge in Gothenburg did indeed offer pot noodles! There was also an instant, and water and stir, Mac and cheese pot
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
There is because the fare for The flights flown would be higher than the fare paid for ex eU.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
A lounge attendant asked me if I wanted to take some sandwiches away with me when I remarked how tasty they were.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:40 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by 81romeo
...about wrapping

...two weeks ago I was in the CX F Lounge at T3 and witnessed a passenger wrapping canapes, cakes and biscuits in napkins and placing all that in his backpack.
He made a number journeys to the buffet - probably nicked about 20 pieces in total. After his last trip he also pulled out of his jeans 4 (four!) cans of something and placed them in his backpack too.

He was not in a rush, in fact he then kept eating and stayed in the lounge for at least one more hour.

How peasant is that?
Napkin? Really? Terrible idea. Anyhow, i am sure wherever he goes he will have enough food for a week lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.