Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:49 am
  #526  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: JER
Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Posts: 32,194
Originally Posted by subject2load
May be wrong but I think the only official notice we’ve seen so far is that posted by T8191 a few days ago (from JER), and so I thought another example, snapped during a recent session at the LGW F lounge, might be worth a look.
Thanks ... that's the LGW sign I saw recently. My post 431.
T8191 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:00 am
  #527  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 8,687
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Photo is perfectly clear. Thank you.
As for those who are determined to justify their actions by saying 1000% you do it too with loads of emojis to remove the sting, then Im afraid they just dont know me or many others on here or our upbringing which would have absolutely decreed this to be unacceptable. Sorry it doesnt fit your narrative but its the truth, no holier than thou or virtue signalling involved.
So given your extreme black-and-white view, what's your view on:

a) A pax with a half-consumed can of coke deciding to finish it en-route from BA lounge to the gate? After all, it is still technically an act of removing an F&B from the BA lounge to consume.
b) A pax being served on-board a bottle of water and a packet of crisps and deciding to have them later, maybe when the plane arrives? It is still consuming something off of BA property isn't it? Or would you differentiate these because a BA employee has carried out an act of handing the items to the pax, whereas the BA lounge is self-service?

In your black-and-white world I presume these are outright theft? You see how ridiculous a black-and-white approach is?
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
BOH is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:03 am
  #528  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 43,461
How uncivislised, stuffing the last half of a sandwich in to your face whilst dashing across to your gate.
KARFA is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:04 am
  #529  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 16,029
Originally Posted by BOH
So given your extreme black-and-white view, what's your view on:

a) A pax with a half-consumed can of coke deciding to finish it en-route from BA lounge to the gate? After all, it is still technically an act of removing an F&B from the BA lounge to consume.
b) A pax being served on-board a bottle of water and a packet of crisps and deciding to have them later, maybe when the plane arrives? It is still consuming something off of BA property isn't it? Or would you differentiate these because a BA employee has carried out an act of handing the items to the pax, whereas the BA lounge is self-service?

In your black-and-white world I presume these are outright theft? You see how ridiculous a black-and-white approach is?
Do you genuinely not see the differences?
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:08 am
  #530  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Posts: 3,890
Maybe it is just time to agree to disagree?
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:11 am
  #531  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 8,687
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Do you genuinely not see the differences?
Do you genuinely not see I am asking whether the poster knows the difference? There is a reason for me asking.....hopefully it will be revealed when said poster answers
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
BOH is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:32 am
  #532  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 211
I don't wish to incriminate myself, but has anyone counted the number of horse lamps recently...

Sharratt4 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:35 am
  #533  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 8,687
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft

Life isn't black and white, it's the grey in between.

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!!!!!
BOH is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:45 am
  #534  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 10,242
Reading this thread and remembering before I had status I used to wonder how tranquil and peaceful the Lounges might be.

Little did I know it was full of human toenail cutters, telephone shouting competitions, beer and food hoarders and people trying to get 53 people in on 1 Silver or Gold card
BOH, HIDDY, 1Aturnleft and 17 others like this.
PETER01 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:57 am
  #535  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London
Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Posts: 2,584
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
I don't wish to incriminate myself, but has anyone counted the number of horse lamps recently...

I saw one in the Westin Xi'an and assumed it had been trophied by an FTer and left there in a drunken stupor during a TP run.
Sharratt4 likes this.
gustavmahler is online now  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:59 am
  #536  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: US/UK - and elsewhere
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,610
Originally Posted by PETER01
Reading this thread and remembering before I had status I used to wonder how tranquil and peaceful the Lounges might be.

Little did I know it was full of human toenail cutters, telephone shouting competitions, beer and food hoarders and people trying to get 53 people in on 1 Silver or Gold card
All part of a truely mixed(-up) society - no difference between people's behavour no matter what their status is.
(What next? "The other day I was gobsmacked to see someone shoving 3 or their kids into their small carry-on to smuggle them into the lounge...")
CKBA is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:09 am
  #537  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by BOH
Do you genuinely not see I am asking whether the poster knows the difference? There is a reason for me asking.....hopefully it will be revealed when said poster answers
Check out my post #423. Those are my views and they will not change.
Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues is online now  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:19 am
  #538  
BOH
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: UK
Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Posts: 8,687
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Check out my post #423. Those are my views and they will not change.
I read it.....so (some) progress on acknowledging that to be 100% black-and-white and self-righteous is open to ridicule and that there are indeed some grey areas in this. I still don't know where you stand though on someone finishing an already opened can of coke en-route to the gate though. For the black-and-white brigade this is has to be pure theft and the police should surely be called?

Or just maybe this might just be the grey area and a more sensible, less rigid view is more appropriate?
BOH is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:31 am
  #539  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 469
Stop digging. I’m not going to answer for every single example because I am a reasonable person. Some people clearly aren’t.
Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues is online now  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:34 am
  #540  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 43,461
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Stop digging. Im not going to answer for every single example because I am a reasonable person. Some people clearly arent.
you need to answer for all hypothetical examples

what if it was a cheese and pickle sandwich on rye, the moon was waning, you were sat next to a 57 year old man whose name contained 6 vowels, and mars was in retrograde, what would you do then?

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 12, 2022 at 6:39 am
KARFA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.