Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Acceptable amount to steal from the Galleries Lounge

Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by subject2load
May be wrong but I think the only official notice we’ve seen so far is that posted by T8191 a few days ago (from JER), and so I thought another example, snapped during a recent session at the LGW F lounge, might be worth a look.
Thanks ... that's the LGW sign I saw recently. My post 431.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:00 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Ladyfliestheredwhiteandblues
Photo is perfectly clear. Thank you.
As for those who are determined to justify their actions by saying 1000% you do it too with loads of emojis to remove the sting, then Im afraid they just dont know me or many others on here or our upbringing which would have absolutely decreed this to be unacceptable. Sorry it doesnt fit your narrative but its the truth, no holier than thou or virtue signalling involved.
So given your extreme black-and-white view, what's your view on:

a) A pax with a half-consumed can of coke deciding to finish it en-route from BA lounge to the gate? After all, it is still technically an act of removing an F&B from the BA lounge to consume.
b) A pax being served on-board a bottle of water and a packet of crisps and deciding to have them later, maybe when the plane arrives? It is still consuming something off of BA property isn't it? Or would you differentiate these because a BA employee has carried out an act of handing the items to the pax, whereas the BA lounge is self-service?

In your black-and-white world I presume these are outright theft? You see how ridiculous a black-and-white approach is?
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
How uncivislised, stuffing the last half of a sandwich in to your face whilst dashing across to your gate.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BOH
So given your extreme black-and-white view, what's your view on:

a) A pax with a half-consumed can of coke deciding to finish it en-route from BA lounge to the gate? After all, it is still technically an act of removing an F&B from the BA lounge to consume.
b) A pax being served on-board a bottle of water and a packet of crisps and deciding to have them later, maybe when the plane arrives? It is still consuming something off of BA property isn't it? Or would you differentiate these because a BA employee has carried out an act of handing the items to the pax, whereas the BA lounge is self-service?

In your black-and-white world I presume these are outright theft? You see how ridiculous a black-and-white approach is?
Do you genuinely not see the differences?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Maybe it is just time to agree to disagree?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:11 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Do you genuinely not see the differences?
Do you genuinely not see I am asking whether the poster knows the difference? There is a reason for me asking.....hopefully it will be revealed when said poster answers
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:32 am

I don't wish to incriminate myself, but has anyone counted the number of horse lamps recently...

Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:35 am
BOH

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft

Life isn't black and white, it's the grey in between.

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE!!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Reading this thread and remembering before I had status I used to wonder how tranquil and peaceful the Lounges might be.

Little did I know it was full of human toenail cutters, telephone shouting competitions, beer and food hoarders and people trying to get 53 people in on 1 Silver or Gold card
BOH, HIDDY, 1Aturnleft and 17 others like this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by Sharratt4
I don't wish to incriminate myself, but has anyone counted the number of horse lamps recently...

I saw one in the Westin Xi'an and assumed it had been trophied by an FTer and left there in a drunken stupor during a TP run.
Sharratt4 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Reading this thread and remembering before I had status I used to wonder how tranquil and peaceful the Lounges might be.

Little did I know it was full of human toenail cutters, telephone shouting competitions, beer and food hoarders and people trying to get 53 people in on 1 Silver or Gold card
All part of a truely mixed(-up) society - no difference between people's behavour no matter what their status is.
(What next? "The other day I was gobsmacked to see someone shoving 3 or their kids into their small carry-on to smuggle them into the lounge...")
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by BOH
Do you genuinely not see I am asking whether the poster knows the difference? There is a reason for me asking.....hopefully it will be revealed when said poster answers
Check out my post #423. Those are my views and they will not change.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:19 am
BOH

Check out my post #423. Those are my views and they will not change.
I read it.....so (some) progress on acknowledging that to be 100% black-and-white and self-righteous is open to ridicule and that there are indeed some grey areas in this. I still don't know where you stand though on someone finishing an already opened can of coke en-route to the gate though. For the black-and-white brigade this is has to be pure theft and the police should surely be called?

Or just maybe this might just be the grey area and a more sensible, less rigid view is more appropriate?
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BAEC
Stop digging. I’m not going to answer for every single example because I am a reasonable person. Some people clearly aren’t.
Old Oct 12, 2022, 6:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Stop digging. Im not going to answer for every single example because I am a reasonable person. Some people clearly arent.
you need to answer for all hypothetical examples

what if it was a cheese and pickle sandwich on rye, the moon was waning, you were sat next to a 57 year old man whose name contained 6 vowels, and mars was in retrograde, what would you do then?

Last edited by KARFA; Oct 12, 2022 at 6:39 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.