Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend day trip fares

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by xenole
Probably in here somewhere, but what's the best way into Barcelona from the airport (and back)? Popping over next weekend.
Fastest: Taxi. Not that expensive. 25-30 EUR.
Cheapest: bus.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:51 am

How long in advance do these fares start to open up these days?

Do you think I have any hope I'll start to see something for a day trip during the bank holiday weekend?
Old May 2, 2016, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There were fares available yesterday to plenty of places - that were available to book on Saturday (day before!) I don't imagine they go on sale much before couple of days before weekend?
Old May 2, 2016, 5:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Usually about 3 days in advance. I had a marvellous day in Amsterdam yesterday. Booked my day trip on Saturday, flew on Sunday. The entire trip cost under £120 including pod parking at T5.

It would be worth trying AMS, LIN/MXP, or BCN for the late May Bank Holiday. With Sunday day trips bear in mind many European cities close down for the day and the few cafes, restaurants, museums etc that are open will be very busy.
Old May 2, 2016, 5:42 am

Thanks both. Some friends are going to Bercelona for the weekend to celebrate a birthday. I don't really want to stay overnight (going to Bordeaux for two nights the weekend before), so a day trip would be the only option I'd consider.

Incidentally, when I did a search earlier via the app, cheap return prices are shown on the headers representing each day, but none of those prices are actually available.
Old May 2, 2016, 7:45 am

I find them anywhere up to 2 weeks in advance, but these can be regular sale fares vs these day trip specific fares. (as one example, on a Monday not too long ago I did LGW to GLA for the same price as a day trip fare roughly, but it was normal fares)

I do see G class get topped up on certain routes around Tuesday/Wednesday for this promotion.
Old May 2, 2016, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Fastest: Taxi. Not that expensive. 25-30 EUR.
Cheapest: bus.
The normal buses and the RENFE train are cheaper than the Aerobus (€10,20 return).

If you're going for multiple days then a T-10 ticket is probably best (€9,95 for 10 journeys - including RENFE to the airport). If you're going for a day trip then a "T dia" ticket gives you unlimited travel all day (including RENFE and Metro to the airport) for €8,40.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Thanks both. Some friends are going to Bercelona for the weekend to celebrate a birthday. I don't really want to stay overnight (going to Bordeaux for two nights the weekend before), so a day trip would be the only option I'd consider.
Still nothing for this weekend. :-( I guess that, being a bank holiday weekend, availability is pretty low!

I've managed to find some decent award tickets to BCN-LON, but nothing for LON-BCN.
Old May 23, 2016, 8:56 am

Just had a quick look on expertflyer - lon-bcn is selling at full fare Y. So no chance of a day trip I'd say.

Avios you never know , I've had them come up the day before to Barcelona when it's been selling at silly money
Old May 24, 2016, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Has anyone found any for this weekend yet?
Old May 24, 2016, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just started looking - MAD available Saturday ^
Old May 24, 2016, 1:50 pm

Programs: It's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all
I find the app 'Hitlist' to be a great source of cheap getaways. Can be tailored to your local airport and if you're like me, with a 7 min car ride to my nearest one its bloody tempting!
Old May 24, 2016, 2:17 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jonobigblind
I find the app 'Hitlist' to be a great source of cheap getaways. Can be tailored to your local airport and if you're like me, with a 7 min car ride to my nearest one its bloody tempting!
Thanks for the tip! Downloaded.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Does the Day tripper link still exist? I can only see the Low cost fare finder' which requires a 7 night stay.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by gypsyjaney
Does the Day tripper link still exist? I can only see the Low cost fare finder' which requires a 7 night stay.
Use the ba.com low price finder (http://www.britishairways.com/travel...&link=main_nav), and set it to "a day trip".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.